Ratings for Dr. Richard Anderson

I was brought into Rockyview Hospital by ambulance with extreme stomach pain and after throwing up for several hours. I am also 19 weeks pregnant. Thinking it's food poisoning, Dr.Anderson gave me gravel and antacid (which did not help at all) and then gave me several doses of morphine for the pain (why would you ever need that much morphine to deal with food poisoning???). My white blood count was high but he said that happens with food poisoning. Without doing any more checks he sent me home since my pain has gone down slightly on morphine. Several hours later I was back in emergency with high fever and again had extreme stomach pain once morphine wore out. It ended up being an infected appendix which had to be operated on immediately to save mine and my baby's life. It ended up being a close call because of late diagnosis. I strongly feel that Dr. Anderson did not do his due diligence in checking what was going on with my very painful stomach especially since I am pregnant.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2012

He treated me in the Rockyview ER. Excellent doctor. Kind, concise and very knowledgable. I watched him for several hours in the ER, no social chit chat, just hustling from patient to patient.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2011

Diagnosed, referred and treated me quickly with my renal colic. Compassionate, understanding and caring with regard to my pain. The Rockyiew is lucky to have him as one of their ER physicians. I can think of a few others who could take lessons from him.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2007

Dr ANderson is very nice andcalm and has a great deal of compassion and skill!

flag | Submitted January 21, 2007

Excellent, a life saver. Very compassionate and caring with excellent skill level!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2007