After 18 failed iUI's and 5 failed ivf attempts at NYU Dr. Spandorfer told me we were looking for a needle in a haystack. He sent my husband for more testing and sent me to the most fantastic hemotologist. Found out if I had gotten pregnant before I'd likely have had a still born baby. After 5 years we did our 6th round of ivf with co-culture w dr. Spandorfer and I had a healthy baby boy in 2007!!! We owe him our family. My daughter was born 22 months later using same procedures! My children were a product of his expotrtise and were delivered safely because he sent me to the hemotologist who had me take blood thinning shots to make sure I didn't deliver a stillborn child. Now 7 and almost 9 we are the luckiest family ever!!! No words can explain the gifts he gave us. I send holiday cards to him every year with notes of gratitude!!!! Never met a better more compassionate doctor!!!

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015

flag | Submitted August 26, 2015

He is great, caring and very knowledgeable. God bless him always.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

He is wonderful, caring and knowledge. His staff is outstanding.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2015

flag | Submitted December 3, 2014

After a hysteroscopy and one IVF cycle, we have beautiful girl / boy twins thanks to Dr. Spandorfer. Couldn't have asked for a better Dr. or staff

flag | Submitted August 30, 2014

Dr Steven Spandorfer is an excellent doctor. He is ridiculously intelligent and skilled. No matter who the patient he and his staff go out of there way to make sure everything is running properly. They give full focus to that patient and fulfilling their needs.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

I came to Dr. Spandorfer after 3 unsuccessful retrievals at another NYC clinic. He gave my husband and I hope after we heard time and time again that I make quantity but not quality eggs, and at 40 my options were to consider donor egg. We began working with him in September and by November he personally saw me 13 times! With my other practioner that I was with for a year and a half, he saw me only 5! The personal attention I received, detailed answers and his lovely staff, Nurse Jackie and Carolina, I honestly can't say enough. I said to my husband before we received our great news (I'm pregnant with our biological twins!!) that if it didn't work, I believe I gave this my last ditch effort for success. He heard me out, he was direct, he was kind and I loved, loved, loved, having one nurse to deal with, one office administrator and one doctor!!! Also want to mention that Cornell is the only clinic I know of that allows SO's to sit with patients after retrievals.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2014

I did not have significant issues with the doctor, but there needs to be accountabilityd for his administration staff was unprofessional and un acceptable. His mismanagement of his staff, their incompetence accelerated my bleeding from my fibroids. The office mismanaged my medicine order three times, including the last time where I was not able to receive the medicine to stop the bleeding, which led to an emergency surgery elsewhere. I spend multiple hours on the phone with them and the insurance agency trying to get my order in, while I continued to bleed and feel faint. When I left messages on their phone line, the calls were not always returned (the nurse responsible for the medication). The final straw was when they booked my surgery on the wrong date. Prior to getting the doctors approval, and my knowledge. Finally I got a call from them weeks later telling me the order for the medicine I didn't need anymore (which I had cancelled) was in.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2014

I started seeing Dr. Spandorfer in June after 10+ years of infertility and bad experiences with other REs. I cannot praise him enough! My first IVF cycle resulted in an early loss and his sympathy and concern felt 100% genuine through the whole process. I trust him unreservedly with my medical care. He's very clearly knowledgeable and has always answered all of my questions fully. And he's nice! His nurse Jackie is amazing--prompt & compassionate. Morning monitoring everywhere feels like a cattle drive, but I've never had to wait more than 30 minutes--unlike my experience at Columbia. CRMI has always seemed like a well-oiled machine. I don't need someone to hold my hand through appointments--I just want to have a child. And I'm confident that Dr. Spandorfer can help me with that.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2013

Dr. Steven D. Spandorfer's Credentials

• Emory Univ Sch Of Med, Atlanta Ga 30322 (Grad. 1988)

Oxford

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "After 18 failed iUI's and 5 failed ivf attempts at NYU Dr. Spandorfer told me we were looking for a needle in a haystack. He sent my husband for more testing a..."

December 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent doctor I highly recommend. I worked with him for 3 years and got my miracle baby with his help,"

August 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He is great, caring and very knowledgeable. God bless him always. "

March 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He is wonderful, caring and knowledge. His staff is outstanding."

February 28, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Spandorfer is the most amazing doctor there is! He tells it how it is and knows what he is doing!! I recommend him hands down!!!"

December 3, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Steven" to "Steven D."

October 20, 2013