Ratings for Dr. William Hanlon

Been seeing him my whole life, amazing doctor! Wouldn't change if I had the choice!

flag | Submitted November 28, 2016

I have known and been a patient of Dr. Hanlon pretty much since he left Canmore and started his Cochrane practice! In the early years it took a great deal of investigation, upon his part, to decide whether or not to refer a patient to other Specialists!! Dr. Hanlon was not one to invoke too many tests that may be a drain upon the Alberta Health Care System. I always enjoyed this as I worked for Medical Doctors who knew and did not have the Health Care System embodied for unnecessary exams -- in those years a competent Doctor did NOT need a battery of tests to prove what he/she knew!! Dr. Hanlon diagnosed my 'panic attacks', not coronary episodes! He attempted to intervene with my Son's alcoholism, but failed until recently! He found my Cancer and sent me to the appropriate Doctor. He recognized my severe anxiety and depression and again referred me to the appropriate Doctor. He found my Husband's throat Cancer and sent him to the appropriate Doctor! I have had the pleasure of knowing Dr. Hanlon for 30 some odd years, and I Thank him!! He is an avid mountain climber and I believe that he has conquered 7 of the most difficult mountains in the World -- I do know that he did Everest, as one!! This very special person also has his own Medical Group which goes into the mountain refuges to treat persons who need assistance and medical help!! I do believe that Dr. Hanlon is also one of a few who has been trained in the art of tropical disease recognition and treatment!!! There is not enough praise nor hypothetical Gold Stars that I could give this TRUE Humanitarian that I call MY Doctor, My Friend, and my truly compassionate being!! This Medical Man is a marvel and goes far beyond Western Medicine as his true calling is to aid those who have NO voice!!

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

Always explains in detail, doesn't rush you, thorough, good at diagnosing , follows through

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

I really liked Dr. Hanlon. If he could find a medicine over the counter (that would do just as well as a prescribed medicine) he would let you know. I wish I still lived in Cochrane so that I could get the treatments I needed from Dr. Hanlon. At least he didn't push drugs down me.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014

Dr. Hanlon is a very lazy diagnostician and his first response is to medicate, rather than treat. My mother might still be alive had she been diagnosed in time - rather, we waited six months before she was accurately diagnosed (by a CHIROPRACTOR in Calgary) with metastatic cancer that Dr. Hanlon missed and had been treating with pain pills (even though she'd had cancer 3x prior) - he never ONCE sent her for any imaging! He kept telling her her pain was imaginary but kept giving her morphine which made her so sick we nearly lost her to malnourishment! She also had chronic digestive issues that were, again, never confirmed by ultrasound or CT scan and he also treated her non-existent "heart problem" with nitro-glycerine spray that could also have killed her. I caution anyone that is a patient of this doctor to INSIST on diagnostic imaging (which he is very reluctant to offer) and/or referral to another physician if you have a medical condition that continues to be an issue.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2013

He is a very no nonsense doctor. His way or the highway. I have no doubt that he is a very knowledgeable doctor.But always in too much of a hurry, doesn't listen so well, his mind is somewhere else.Condescending to females. Heard this alot from others. I'm male, haven't seen it, No trouble believing it. Not a bad doctor, just really needs to work on his people skills. His staff are great. You have to remember they are people too. If you come in with a bad, impatient attitude, that is what you will get back. The people who complain about his staff are the one's that complain everywhere they go. It's a doctors office for pete's sake, sometimes things come up. A head cold just isn't as important as someone coming in with a heart attack or stroke symptoms.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2011

Over the years I have found Dr. Hanlon to be very helpful, concerned, knowledgeable and available. I have every confidence in him.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2011

Modern medicine is still treating the symptom rather than the cause of ailments. It seems as though Dr Hanlon could begin to look deeper into the problems of his patients and treat the root cause. He is happy prescribing pills to treat the symptom which in my book is not health. I need more than 10 minutes to solve my ailment and he seems reticent to assist more than that. (perhaps he is unable with scheduling) I need help and his approach seems flipant and lacking detail. Any doctors out there who can assist with a mystery full body muscle pain and have time for me?

flag | Submitted June 7, 2010

Dr Hanlon is friendly, encouraging and attentive. His compassion and sensitive nature make him easy to talk to about medical issues. An excellent family doctor! We feel very lucky to be his patients!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2010

My husband has been struggling with bad headaches for over 2yrs went in in tears ( it takes alot to make my husband cry) over his on going headaches.Dr.Hanlon didn't take is blood pressure (husband has high blood press)ask him if the headaches have changed.My husband was clearly in distress and Dr.Hanlon didn't take the time to even sit down and talk to him.In my opinion I think the doctor has lost his interest in taking care of people and he should retire.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2010