Ratings for Dr. Mark Zalter

I have to agree with many of the comments regarding Dr Zalters so called bedside manner I only go when it is absolutely necessary due to the fact you usually leave worse than when you walked in. He has never really seemed careing and usually has a comment of age related problems . If he's not on holidays he has a wait time of at least a week before you can get a appointment. There is a lot more I could add to this review however due to trying to find a family Dr that can take the time and listen to your situation Iam apprehensive to say anymore until I can find a family Dr that really wants to help and can listen to your situation.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Dr. Zalter has not always been my favourite, I've had many things annoy me about his office, from wait times to cancellations and his receptionist; however, I find that it has improved significantly. I'm usually not waiting any longer than 20 minutes past my appointment time. Recently I've had to deal with anxiety and depression and I can honestly say that Dr. Zalter helped me more than the councilor that I was seeing. He was extremely understanding and helpful. Many people have said he is a pill pusher, but I find the opposite. I saw him for many months before medication became somewhat of a last resort. He spoke to me with compassion and understanding. I never felt that I was being judged and he really helped me come out of a bad place. I felt like he really did care and I think that is hard to come by nowadays. My children also see him and I have never had an issue. I feel like he tries to resolve the issue as best as he can and if he cannot solve the problem, he will refer you to a specialist. I felt so embarrassed to cry in front of him, but he didn't miss a beat, he just handed me a Kleenex and listened. Dr. Zalter gave me a ton of ways to try to help myself and pull myself out of a dark place. I am thankful for that. You also have to remember that most people only leave reviews when they are angry (I am normally one of those people).

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

I have been with Dr. Zalter for many years...He has always been very helpful and patient and listens to my problems. He is a kind and patient man and has a good sense of humour!! His staff is freat...Robin is awesome!! I will be with him until I am beyond a doctors help!!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

The first time I met Dr.Zalter I was struggling with depression. He looked at me and said, "you do not have to feel ashamed". That is when I knew he would be my forever doctor. I have been with Dr. Zalter for almost twenty years and he has been amazing. My daughter's are his patients and my new grandson. I trust him completely. Also Robin is amazing.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2017

Never available and does not seem to care about his patients, didn't even look at me last time I saw him. Also, front desk is terrible customer service. Finding a new doctor

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

My brother took his own life in August of 2013, he struggled terribly with depression and anxiety. Dr. Zalter and his staff were always incredibly rude to him and treated him with zero respect. I believe he is responsible for my brothers death as he prescribed him 100 morphine pills knowing he was suicidal. He might as well of handed him a loaded gun! Not to mention my brother was severe asthmatic and morphine is not to be prescribed to people with respitory conditions. This Doctor is dangerous and if my family had the money for a lawyer we would have sued him for wrongful death. My mother even wrote him a letter after my brothers death and he did not even acknowledge it. I don't know how he can live with himself!

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Dr. Zalter does not take time to do proper assessments or needed investigations. Judgemental and condescending. He is not interested in being a support or partner in your health care. It seems he is motivated to not have you come back. Not able to actually get treatment for what you need. He does not seem to care; The nurse practitioner at the after hours clinic they run helped me the most and treated me with respect.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2016

this clinic is the most careless, inhuman, ruthless medical clinic I have come across in my life. After my Dr. Barton left suddenly I was told to see Dr. Zalter, but after cancelling an appointment because of being too sick to get out of bed I was told I could not see any clinic doctors no more,also,I was also told I wasn't allowed to go to another clinic or i would be fined WTF.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

this clinic is almost criminal in it's activities, in my time , i have never encountered ruder reception and almost thug like rules. They told me I couldn't see other doctors. This medical clinic should be shut down for malpractice.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

I have chronic plaque psoriasis and had a flare up this past winter so I went to Dr. Zalter to get something to calm down my flare up while I waited to get into my dermatologist. He prescribed me something without even assessing my skin. When I finally got to my dermatologist he told me tgat what Dr. Zalter prescribed me is the worst possible thing you could give someone with my condition. All because Dr. Zalter couldn't bother to listen to my symptoms and assess the problem.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016