Ratings for Dr. Douglas S. Lee

I have been a patient of Dr. Lee for many years. He is always professional and knowledgeable and when there is something unusual, he will take the time to research .. others Docs just leave you "hanging" or just forget about it.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2015

I have gone to him for years and he is a great doctor. He's always in Newsday's best doctors for good reason.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2014

He always makes me feel very uncomfortable, I feel almost like I am being molested when he examines me. And he made stupids comments couple times. I try to avoid him and go to dr Lograno, who is absolutely great.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2014

Rudest dr. I have ever met. Didnt let me get one sentence in. I found a lump in my breast and have family history. I was extremely calm and he said things like...don't get hysterical. I think its in your head and then when I showed him he said...well the next time you find a lump don't go around having everyone squeeze it...like your mom ....the milkman! I wish I remembered all the people he listed. I was just shocked. So rude! He's the only person who touched it besides me. So rude. Do yourself a favor and pick any other doctor in the practice.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2014

Dr.Lee made me very uncomfortable during my visit. This was my first time to a gynecologist and he refused to speak with me until I agreed to an exam. Disgusting! I did not want to have an exam because he was rude from the moment he walked in the door. He then had me wait to speak with him in his office, which he then berated me while writing emails (never giving me eye contact) Beware this doctor! I hope he receives his own "medicine" someday!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2013

This practice is only interested in money. I had a precancerous condition and I had to request Dr. Lee to do the biopsy because he didn't want to do it initially. He apologized for not wanting to do the biopsy but if I wasn't persistent, I would have had uterine cancer. Make sure you get copies of all of your test results; it's the patient's right to these records.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2012

Dr Lee is one the most unprofessional Dr's I've ever encountered. He not only treated me poorly as a human being & his patient, but he misdiagnosed a medical problem HE had created during my post delivery repair. Thankfully I was smart enough to recognize his lack of attentiveness & knowledge, so I got another opinion from a highly qualified Dr in NYC. I was diagnosed properly and accurately, and I had to undergo surgery to correct the problem. I think all people make mistakes, however, as a DOCTOR, he made some HUGE mistakes in my medical care. Ladies, make sure you do your research before beginning care with any Dr. And always seek a second opinion.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2011

the comment above is unfortunate and shocking. i have been a patient with him for 9 years and he was also the Dr. that delivered me. i think he is superb, professional, highly knowledgeable, and you never feel rushed. he takes time to answer all your questions and since I'm quite anxious, i ask a lot. I'm devastated my insurance isn't accepted there and I'm using this website to look for a new obgyn hoping my new Dr. can somewhat compare to Dr.lee. he is so great he figured out what was wrong with me when 2 other doctors couldn't. i had to pay out of pocket but it was worth it. i hope this is helpful for anyone looking for a new Dr.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2009

Rude and disrespectful! First time I met Dr Lee was late in my pregnancy, my first internal, he walked in the room and made a crack about my weight, told me to slide to the end of the table, did the exam walked out of the room with out saying another word. It was AWFUL, and a shame because I love all the other Drs are Suffolk OB.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2009

Dr. Douglas S. Lee's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 1999)

AARP