Ratings for Dr. Stacia E. Sorrell

Took my daughter to Medcheck on a Sunday due to illness and we have never been treated so poorly by a physician! She was extremely rude, not compassionate, she slammed cabinets and even misdiagnosed my daughter's illness. I just could not believe how bad we were being treated. I felt like we were just a nuisance to her for even coming there. However, the nurse who checked us in was very friendly and compassionate. Run, run away from this physician!!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2011

She took me off my pain meds because I refuse to let someone stick a needle in my spine. The pain meds plainly states that we aren't supposed to abruptly stop the medication because it can cause seizures and hallucinations. Thankfully (so far) I haven't had these issues. She doesn't care about her patients. Referrals take at least two weeks, IF they ever get to the right place. I wouldn't recommend her to my worst enemy.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2011

I've never had to wait too long to go to the exam room nor to be seen, but once she's in the room, God forbid if you take much time. Tell her what's wrong, and wait for the referrals. I have back issues but nothing is being done. She referred me to a place that didn't take my insurance, and left it at that. I've had shoulder pain for over 2 months. I got an x-ray (no broken bones - I told her that). She still hasn't called me back (from 2 weeks ago) where I asked for an ultrasound or something else. I'm in the process of trying to find another doctor from another hospital's network.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2011

Was very unconcerned about my concerns after 1/2 hour waiting up front and in back. I am wondering why her office changes locations so frequently. Ive counted location change about 5 times not counting her most recent move.She also seemed to be upset I was in her office as if my "is that all it is"problem was beneath her time. RUN AWAY do not walk to this doctor whom I feel to be a quack

flag | Submitted March 1, 2011

Dr.Sorrel is a nice person but limited in what she is comfortable treating. In my 1st visit with her I asked questions about some concerns and was immediately referred to specialists. In one year I saw three specialists ($$) and checked out for three different diseases. Thankfully I am completely healthy but it was very stressful. I tried switching my daughter to her from a male pcp but was pressured to give her the cervical cancer vaccine, and when my daughter had a flare in her asthma (a common occurrence during season changes), she was sent to the hospital for an xray rather than a prescription for prednisone. Her regular pediatrician was more confident in his ability to distinguish sounds in her lungs through the stethoscope and would only refer for an xray in severe circumstances. I have since found a new doctor that I love and my daughter is back with her pediatrician.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2011

My family has been seeing Dr. Sorrel for 5 years. She has listened to my concerns. I think it is wonderful that she reevalautes medication dosages and type on a yearly basis. My daughter's previous doctor just did what ever and would call in meds over the phone with out seeing her. Were these appropriate? I do not know. I have only experienced a long wait time once. The doctor appologized and explained that she had a criticially ill patient. I have recommended her to any one I know who needs a new doctor. They are all happy as well.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2010

This physician was on call for my normal PCP. She returned my call very quickly, but was rude, condescending, and though I understand she is limited to what she can do, I was very offended by her failure to show any amount of compassion. Her words were rude and provided no guidance. For example I explained to her that I was in pretty bad, maybe even excruciating pain, and her response was "if you really were in excruciating pain you would be on the floor unable to talk." I would DEFINITELY never let my family or myself see her as a patient.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2010

Very Very unprofessional. In my first appointment she left in the middle of our conversation for whatever reason. When she returned she offered no explaination or apology. On the follow up appointment she asked if I wanted certain vaccinations, I told her I did not and she very rudely asked why I would not want them. For the remainder of that appointment she had her back to me and asked only the questions her computer told her to ask. I will not go back to her and recommend anyone that is looking for a doctor who truely cares to keep looking because Dr. Sorrell is not that doctor!

flag | Submitted December 1, 2009

All I can say is that I don't like her. She spent more time talking about stuff I wasn't there for than she did actually talking to me about my problem.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2009

Every time I have an appointment with Dr. Sorrel, I have to wait AT LEAST 30 minutes in the waiting room. The Receptionist is rude, and I have found Sorrel herself to be very unprofessional. During one appointment, she had to leave because she had a phone call. I could hear her yelling at someone on the phone because of an issue she had with her computer, which I am very sure was non-work related. Multiple times when I was explaining the issues I was having, she wrote me a prescription without even asking questions. It is no surprise to me that the prescriptions did not help me. Finally, my sister once had a pap smear done with Sorrel. Sorrel asked if it was alright if she had an intern sit in on the appointment. The intern proceeded to perform the procedure, which Sorrel also had to perform. She had two of these procedures done in one appointment and was never asked if this was alright.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2009

Dr. Stacia E. Sorrell's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)