Ratings for Dr. Christine W. Maynard

Dr. Maynard delivered my first child. I was clueless about what to expect and had very little interaction with Maynard, as she was not my main OB. She was the doc on call and was terrible. She issued an extremely large dose of oxytocin right out of the gate. I thought my uterus was going to rip in half. She showed up when it was time to push and was very abrupt, rough and had no bedside manner whatsoever. Ended up tearing during vaginal birth. Towards the end when I had to push out the afterbirth, it did not detach. Maynard reached in to pull it out while telling me to stop screaming. I almost bled out. Needless to say I immediately determined I would never go through that again. Switched offices so that I would not have to risk seeing her again. Fast forward 5 years, in labor with second child and guess who's the OB on call at Christiana? Yup, Maynard. I wept. I swore. I told the nurse I would deliver it myself. The nurse looked knowingly and said she would have my back with Maynard, knowing what a terrible Doctor she is. Ended up having a c section, where Maynard kneeled over me on the table to push my baby up out of the birth canal and back into my stomach so she could get it out. (My husband told me this since the curtain was up and I was on all kinds of meds) My entire torso was completely black and blue from her pushing on me so hard. DO NOT GO TO MAYNARD-stay away!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

I have to agree with the negative reviews. I saw her with my first child. I intially liked her, thinking she was laid back and easy to talk with. That was what she turned out to be, entirely too laid back. Multiple chances to diagnose preeclampsia based on my complaints nearly cost me my life. She was not on call when I went into the ER. It was another Dr from another practice that shared on call, who delivered me. I never saw her again, she never even checked in on me. Horrible, horrible experience. I cannot recommend enough that you find another doctor.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

No comment. Was one of the main reasons why I never had anymore children. Worst experience of my life. Bedside manner, what bedside manner.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

Was great when it came to deliver my son, though she was brutal (doesn't know what being gentle is). Also, gave me rectal exam with no warning. When I was diagnosed with breast cancer, she was nowhere to be found. It took me many phone calls to have her call me back. She later advised that I have my uterus "burned" (aka BBQing your uterus) because the wall of my uterus had thickened. Thank God I had second advise. Hormonal treatment often leads to the thickening of the uterus. She should have known. The Oncological GYN whom I consulted for second advise also said that BBQing the uterus is the worst thing one could do: once you've done that, tumors cannot be seen anymore, and when you eventually see there, it's because they've spread everywhere.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2013

She was my doctor for 25 years. I have an incurable and fatal cancer due to this doctor's lack of action over the years. She was negligent and careless. When she got my biopsy, she treated it as something run of the mill, even though the horrible diagnosis was right there in front of her.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2013

Dr Maynard has been my OB/GYN for 9 years. She did not deliver my first child due to scheduling conflict but she delivered my second child. I can't tell you how amazing she was in the delivery room. Not that the first doctor was bad, she wasn't. Dr. Maynard went above and beyond to make my delivery very easy. She really knows what she's doing.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2012

Dr. Maynard has been my OBGYN for over 25 years, she delivered my twins, it was a complicated pregnancy and a difficult delivery yet the outcome was really successful due to her incredible skill, expertise and knowledge. I also find her extremely caring, compassionate and friendly. She genuinely cares about her patients.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2012

I have been with Christine Maynard for at least 25 years. She's acceptional and being a woman she understands from a woman's point of view the situation. I'd recommend her to everyone.... and have. Sally

flag | Submitted January 4, 2012

Dr. Maynard is amazing. She delivered my daughter via c-section and performed my LEEP the following year. She is so knowledgeable and a very skilled surgeon. I actually get complimented on my LEEP scar during pap smears, which is unbelievably awkward but just goes to show how terrific she is. I am so sad that she is no longer in obstetrics. I felt so very fortunate to have been in such great hands during my pregnancy.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2011

I chose my OB/GYN for my 1st baby based on the reviews on rateMDs.com.For an year or so Dr.Maynard may have been(arguably) presented as the best OB/GYN in town.I would rate her at about 3 upon 5. Dr. Maynard was nice n friendly during my initial visits though she always had too little time. However,her expertise and confidence reflected her experience in compensation for that. During each visit,I was pronounced healthy & to be having an absolutely normal pregnancy.Around 24-28 wks into my pregnancy,I began having more questions and this is probably when Dr. Maynard began turning apathetic.Her expressions regarded my questions to be intolerable though our meetings never exceeded 6-7 minutes.For someone who doesn't make babies every year,or hasn't made one ever before,the bedside manner that Dr.Maynard then displayed,may not've been what the doctor ordered.May be that she is professionally inclined to enjoy the complicated cases exclusively - Not my best description of an OB/GYN.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2010

Dr. Christine W. Maynard's Credentials

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)

MSP/BC Med