Ratings for Dr. Alfred Illescas

He will only take on new apatient if you agree to have all your blood work done by him, which will cost between $1000.00 to $1200.00 . Some of the blood work is not necessary but insists all is needed. He does not like to be challenged nor questioned, it is do as I say. He likes to play pop physiologist and has very little merit. I have now gone private for the same amount and I feel more comfortable to ask questions and review my results.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

A little expensive a day at the clinic for a visit and check up that costs around 1000$ but very progressive, professional and polite. Always promote with results. It's a higher end care quality.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2016

A very caring and brilliant Doctor. I feel very lucky to be able to have such a great family Dr. In the middle of our broken healthcare system. I wish everyone could have access to a Doctor like this.

Submitted May 4, 2016

Dr Illescas is into medecine for money and he will get yours. He always finds a way to charge in good old canadian dollars for something that he will do abd that he says you need. You never get out of his office without paying. And this is horrific! He should be reported in newspaper and the College of physicains should enquire into his business way of practicing medecine. It is a shame on the medical profession.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

Ordered a battery of tests an we tried different drugs to treat my illness, when in the end I went to see allergologue (that I found by myself) that diagnose me in 5 mins without any expensive tests. He should also give a warning of the prices of the tests and his consultations as it is expensive for most.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2014

He is a knowledgeable doctor. He has diagnosed several obscure illnesses in me that took much longer to find in others, according to my research. That being said, he is very condescending; he has a habit of sarcastically talking down to people. He is increasingly judgemental, and tends to have selective hearing when confronted. His blood test costs have doubled in the last 3 years - I recently got scammed into paying $800 for tests that were $450 in 2009. Had I been warned of the ridiculous increase, I would have insisted on going to a hospital, no doubt why I was not advised. And of course the standard $55 cash pay-off for an "emergency" appointment, which was given to me 4 weeks after my phone call. Emergency indeed. Were I not so desperately unwell, and on several meds so in absolute need of regular follow-up, I would certainly go to clinics instead. TO SUMMARIZE, UNLESS YOU HAVE ODD OR RECURRING MEDICAL PROBLEMS, SAVE YOURSELF THE MONEY, GUILT AND BELITTLINGS, AND GO TO A CLINIC.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2012

He was a good doctor but somewhere along the line he became a HUGE business man. He charges for everything and mostly cash money. Will not accept cheques and that to me says it all! I understand that to have service today we have to pay for somethings, but he is ridiculous!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2011

If it weren't that GPs are now impossible to find, I would find another doctor. He charges for everything. During a stay in a hospital, not ordered by him, they found a problem for which I had symptoms for several years. I had told him about it but he ignored it. Some say he is a good doctor; to that I say maybe, but he is more a good businessman than a good doctor.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2011

My family have been his patients for years, and we can only say that we've never been more satisfied. He is thorough, gets back to you quickly with results of tests, and is attentive to your health issues. Wish there were more doctors like him

flag | Submitted August 31, 2010

Is very helpful and knowledgeable. If you want great service you need to pay for it.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2010