Ratings for Dr. Boji Varghese

Ive been a Type 1 Diabetic pretty much all my life. When I was first referred to him, I brought him 6 months of blood glucose readings over 200 in range readings in a chart formation. I wish I didnt show him... because he looked at it for 2 seconds saw a few readings over 15 mol and then in an arrogant way accused me of not knowing how to eat, even though Iam average weight. he didnt ask me any questions and just laid down accusations then he pushed me to set an appointment with the local dietitian an overweight Hispanic lady who kicked my out of her office a few months earlier for asking questions about the atkins and low carb diets. Being a Type 1 D is hard enough, taking time out of my day,, in pursuit what I was told was right only just makes my condition harder to bear with and just confuses and angers me.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2018

Very caring Dr took his time to explain the situation pros and cons of increasing dosage thank you for caring

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

I have a rare disease which complicates my synthetic thyroid dependence. Varghese has not taken the time to educate himself on this disease, and is impatient with my (very legitimate) questions for him regarding treatment and prescriptions. He doggedly adheres to pharmaceuticals and is ignorant about other forms of treatment, though he expects to be kept apprised of them. He is unwilling to explore non0pharmaceutical company options for treatment, even when side-effects become borderline severe. He has become less friendly and more impatient each visit, as it's clear I'm not the kind of patient who does what the doctor says if side effects are a detriment to my daily life. If I could quit him, I would.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

Of all the specialists I have seen of late, I found Dr. Varghese the most knowledgeable and took the time to thoroughly discuss my situation without rushing, and without condemnation. He took the time to listen and focused on me. Very refreshing and I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

HE WAS PRETTY GOOD I LIKED HIM HE MADE ME FEEL BETTER THAN BEFORE YAY

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

Excellent care. Takes time to discuss. I had no doctor so far taking so much time to discuss my diagnosis

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

I drove 4 hours to see Dr. Varghese on a referral. Although I had to wait an hour past my scheduled appointment time he was very apologetic and apologized more than once and again when I left. He explained my situation clearly and took time to answer all of my questions. He was very thorough and added humor where appropriate to lighten the mood since the topic of discussion was serious and stressful. I would gladly refer anyone that needs an Endocrinologist to him. I feel like I finally have some answers. His receptionist was rather unpleasant and curt though. She made me wait on the phone (not on hold) while rustling papers and trying to organize herself and find my appointment time which she lost and then when I got there after travelling 4 hours ignored me while I stood at the desk for 5 minutes while she talked on the phone and then hung up and looked for and organized more papers. General courtesy would be to acknowledge the patient in front of you and ask them to please wait a moment, not completely ignore the fact that they are standing there and then bark 'yes' once you finally look up. She did that to 3 other patients while I was there and then had a conversation with another patient for 5 minutes while another woman was trying to check-in (didn't acknowledge her either). I found the reception experience bizarre.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

I have been to Dr. Varghese several times and at first he seemed very nice and helpful. However, once my thyroid issue became complicated and continued to fluctuate dramatically over the past year he blamed me. He told me that it is my own error that I must be forgetting pills - even though I assure you I NEVER miss a pill. Moreover he feels a lump in my thyroid but keeps putting off sending me for tests. I have now been referred to a different specialist.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2014

Dr. Varghese is rude and has no time to listen to his patients. It's too bad he's the first doctor diabetic patients are referred to. I would never recommend him to anyone.

Submitted June 27, 2014

I met Dr. Vargese for my first appointment yesterday.. I suffer from thyroid disease and Dr. Vargese was the first doctor to actually listen to me, give me information that I needed to know, give me options, and most importantly made me feel like I am not alone in this, and that we will figure it out.. Dr. Vargese made me feel reassured by the time that I left his office, that I can and will get through this... Thank you!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2013