Ratings for Dr. William Allanach

Oddly hot. can't figure it out. takes a looooooooooooooooooooooong time to get into see him.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2017

This man is going to do a full hip replacement for me, causing me extreme pain and necrotizing bone in this area. Waiting times are forever but was very impressed with his mannerism and full term explanations. He summarized for me exactly what has been an ongoing issue since an earlier MVA in which I was badly injured. These words will help me overcome my CPP disability pension denial. All the waaaayyy!!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

I had Dr. Allanach after breaking my arm in a bad fall and he was absolutely wonderful. He was funny and patient and answered all of my questions without ever making me feel that I was taking too much of his time. I would absolutely recommend him without reservation.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2016

I lucked into Dr Allanach. Had my son not played football for his brother I may never have known about him. I originally had a consult with another orthopaedic surgeon who I realized pretty quickly I would not want to work with so I went back to my GP and asked to see Dr. A. I liked him immediately. He took the time to explain things to me, I have never felt rushed, he has a great sense of humour (which I feel makes people less nervous). He repaired my damaged rotator cuff after a MVA and then addressed an arthritic knee issue. As I get older and more issues creep up I have no intentions of seeing anyone else.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

Great success with both knees, I would recommend Dr. Allanach very highly!

flag | Submitted April 30, 2013

I thought good ol' willy did a great job! I had surgery on both my knees at the same time and even though one has not healed, it's not his fault. I'm a smoker and I guess bones don't heal well if you smoke. I'm going back in to see him soon and hopefully I won't need a new surgery, but if I do, I want him to do it. Well educated, patient and understanding. Great Doc!!

flag | Submitted November 1, 2012

He is very thorough and really looks at all options before making a decision to recommend surgery. I had knee surgery recently, torn meniscus and ACL that occurred about 10 months ago. He provides a lot of good answers if you ask the right questions. Patients need to take an active role in their health care. The thing is I always wonder if I forgot to ask something...and he is busy, like most health care providers, so don't feel bad about pushing for the answers that you need to feel comfrotable with the process and any decisions you have to make about your care - communication is a two way street. I feel blessed that I had great care offered in a reasonable timeframe.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2012

Informed, reassuring, helpful with options regarding knee injury.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2012

operated on my knees before the freezing took effect..very painfull

flag | Submitted January 16, 2012

This Doctor may be a good surgeon, but as for the rest he gets the lowest rating possible. No empathy with patients. When asked for help with post op bandages etc ( an Extra Mural for example) the answer was "Do it yourself" When informed of a handicap that interfers with doing so the answer is still "My patients don't need help with that. Do it yourself" Very arrogant in a very bad way.Even when a specialist says help is /was needed, no acknowledgement given that he "might" have been wrong. He is a prime example of a surgeon comparing himself to God.. and in my opinion he definitely comes out the worse for it.This is the second time he workrd on me and I sincerely hope the last I see of him.. As for his staff,I think the words being said were close to quote from the doctor himself.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2011