Ratings for Dr. Vera Fried

Patronizing, condescending, disinterested with a passive aggressive judgmental attitude. Worst healthcare experience I have ever had. At a complete loss as to why she is still in this profession!

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

I too have experienced dr Fried's strong disinterest managing my health. As long as the prescriptions are current, we are good to go. I have had to requested my own tests, follow up visits, etc in order to get things done. It is extremely dishheartening to have a chronic illness and not be able to explore alternatives to prescription medications which are bassically all toxic not to mention extreemely difficult to stop (which of course would require frequent doctor follow up). Sad how they just seem to lose interest in those they swore to help and support.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

I'm currently in the midst of searching for a new GP because Dr. Fried just generally doesn't care about my health. She never poses any questions and does any proper check-ups. She just asks if my meds are still up to date and sends me down to LifeLabs. That's it. My last appointment was only 5 minutes long.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Fried for over 10 years, she is always taking good care of me. I thanked her for the early detection of my uterine cancer by sending me for different tests. She was also very quick in referring me to cancer specialist in Sunnybrook. I still visit her every year and she is a kind, compassionate and caring doctor. Thanks Dr. Fried!

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

It's a bit strange. She never seems interested in inquiring after anything. I have to ask for a referral for specialists since she doesn't seem to explore any of my concerns, and only tests for the very barest-bones things if I'm in an assertive mood. The specialists she sends me to always have impossible wait times of half a year or more, or else they try to push to sell their services; this may not be her fault at all, but I would feel safer if at the very least she seemed interested in exploring my health issues while I wait. She seems like a nice enough person, just not the kind of doctor who is interested in getting to the bottom of why someone is experiencing their symptoms. It sounds like some reviewers have the exact same experience while others feel well attended to. I wonder what gives.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2016

Dr. Fried is an excellent doctor. She is very caring and professional. I would recommend her to anyone. The staff are busy and are also polite

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

Been going here for years, great doctor and fantastic staff!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014

This entire office is incompetent. There is miscommunication between the receptionist and the doctor and i dont know which of them is worse. If doctors weren't so hard to find i would have switched a long time ago.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2013

Aloof, unhelpful, not informative, not inquisitive. Dr. Fried strikes me as "getting through" to the end of her career and not genuinely interested in treating people. I had to spend a lot of time learning about my heart condition, learning the tests I needed, in order to ask Dr. Fried for the proper referrals. She'll give them, reluctantly. But she does not ask any questions about your health. She strikes me at all times as uninterested. She even took personal calls during my visit. I can hardly gauge her "knowledge," since in my half dozen visits she never said or asked anything that made me feel I was in the presence of an MD.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2013

An excellent doctor, all round. I have recommended her with ease previously and continue to. I wish I had remained with her; however, I needed to find a new physician when my job took me elsewhere. Thank you, Fr. Fried - you are a great physician and person...

flag | Submitted July 11, 2012