You may also like

Rate Dr. Ken Gillespie

Dr. Ken Gillespie's Ratings

I was referred to Dr. Gillespie for my first pregnancy. He was great! Answered all my questions and reassured me when I was nervous. I went to 40 weeks and had to be induced. He broke my water at 7 am by 10:30 pm it was clear I was stuck at the half way mark. He asked me if I wanted to wait a bit longer or go ahead and have a c-section. I chose the c-section as I had been prepared for the worst! He came in to take me to the OR and my baby flatlined due to her being stuck in the birth canal. He was amazing , he acted immediately and got her heart back up by changing the position I was in. C-section was good he was as attentive as he could be it my anesthesiologist was the worst!
Second child I went back to see him and again he was amazing. There was no fetal heart beat at the appointment so he scheduled me as soon as his office closed for a ultrasound. He was so nice and caring when he did the ultrasound. He was fumbling a little when he was trying to explain the scan on the screen to me which I thought was very caring because after he showed me my son's heart beat he was searching for the right words, so I just blurted it out for him! I was pregnant with fraternal twins but had lost one. I know he was relieved that I was ok and he went on to explain what VTS was ( vanishing twin syndrome) he was very supportive of my feelings of loss and relief. He also asked if I wanted to try a v-BAC this time but I felt more comfortable with a c-section. I was scheduled and he again delivered my child.
Third pregnancy I of course returned to him. My son was born via c-section and lets tell you if you are worried about scares from a c-section this is the best guy for the job mine is almost invisible!
He has always been honest and respectful with me. He an be funny and very serious too that is what makes his bedside manner so good. I will be returning to have my next pregnancy and delivery to his office in the spring and will have him do my tubes tied!
I have recommend Dr. Gillespie to many friends and family all who have had him feel the same as I do.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2896770].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2015

All I can say is one word. Creepy. I've heard that students who go into gynecology are amongst the weakest of their graduating class. I'm not surprised in this case.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2885398].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 4, 2015

I absolutely adore this doctor! He has seen me through 2 successful pregnancies and is currently seeing me for my third baby. My first baby, I was a single mom and very scared and nervous of the birthing process. When at the worst point of labor, Dr. Gillespie pulled up a stool, held my hand, and told me I am stronger than I think! He gave me the courage to endure my long labor. Second baby, with my amazing hubby by my side, Dr, Gillespie was again respectful, awesome, and sincere. He continues to answer all my questions and comfort any concerns we may have. His calm demeanor is very reassuring and he is very well educated and experienced in obstetrics. Wouldn't want to go through a pregnancy under any other doctor's care! Thankful for the hard work, long days and nights, and self sacrifice he puts into his work!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1688304].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2012

Great doctor, very caring!! Did an awesome and painless job with my colposcopy and LEEP.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1688303].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 10, 2012

Dr. Gillespie is wonderful. We have had 2 healthy boys with his help. Punctuality is not his fault since labour cannot be predicted but a slightly larger waiting room would be nice. Perhaps some stroller room! Very happy to have him, and we love Andrea!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1688302].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2011

The last comments blew me away because there's not a more compassionate, caring and kind physician in Moncton. Dr.Gillespie is very professional, 1 on 1 and if I had to recieve bad news again or go through something devastating physically again I cannot imagine having a different physician. He is a true gentlemen and has extensive medical knowledge that puts you at ease. Loved him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1688301].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2009

Dr. Gillespie seemed really nice in the beginning of my pregnancy, but his demeanor totally changed by the time my son was born. He made me feel stupid for asking questions and dismissed my concerns. He huffed and puffed and checked his watch constantly while I was in labour. He ignored the input of the nurse and intern, even though they were spot on. Should I have more children, he will NOT be involved.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1688300].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2009

I was referred to Dr. Gillespie when I found out I was 6 weeks pregnant. Before I got chance to go to my first appointment with him, I suffered a miscarriage. The office called the day after I went to emergency to ensure that I was still coming to my appointment. They could have just cancelled my appointment, but it was good to hear they still wanted me to come in to talk about what had happened, etc. I found the Dr to be very caring, and understanding. Once I get pregnant again, I will be going back to him, and I definately feel comfortable in doing so.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1688299].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2008

This guy knows his stuff. The below negative comments don't make sense to me, and I go to this Doc twice a year. Always has been helpful and will answer and questions that you have.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1688298].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 1, 2008

I have seen Dr Gillespie for my 4 pregnancies. The first one resulted in a miscarriage, and he was very compassionate and caring. He was so reassuring when I came to see him for my 2nd pregnancy, since the miscarriage was so recent, I was extremely nervous and scared, he scheduled me for several ultrasounds to put my mind at ease! I was very dissapointed when he was not the one to deliver my 1st baby... He delivered my 2nd, and he was just as awesome as he was with my first pregnancy. My daughter was born 4 weeks early, and he eased my worries, he was just so nice through every appointment, at the birth also. My 4th and last one, he again was very helpful. We wanted to know the sex of the baby, and he took me over to the profile room himself at the end of his busy day and did an ultrasound. Again, I was extremely dissapointed that he wasn't there for the birth of my son, as he was on vacation. I would definitly recommend him to everyone! He also did my tubal ligation. Very good doctor! :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1688297].votes_count ]]