Ratings for Dr. Abid Fakim

he was my family dr. his receptionist was my wife. they had a long intimate affair going on. he retired after his and my wife got a devorce. they took off together and i hear got married. i hate this man for what he did to my family .i hope karma prevailes.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

I have read the past reviews with care and understanding of the issues. Unbeknown to a lot of Wellanders, we have lost one of the best medical professionals. I was one who always complained about his always being late for booked appointments. Waits of 1 to 2 hours in the waiting room are very hard to comprehend, but that was thru my eyes only. I had no idea what was going on behind closed doors. I just made an appointment with my new medical doctor and have to wait for17 days before I can see him. Never did I wait that long before. Maybe a week at the most. Wishing Doctor Fakim and his staff good luck and best wishes from a long time patient. Maurice

Submitted September 28, 2015

Dr fakim and Lillian have been there for over 30 years for me n my family. There are times when I've had to wait, but when it was my turn, I was never rushed out the door. He always gave me the time I needed. I'm sad for me, but extremely happy for him that after all of his years of servicing our community, he can now enjoy his own life n family. Lillian always made me laugh and understood me and my issues. Good luck Dr fakim n Lillian, and Thankyou, Dianne.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr Fakim for over 30 years. He is a very caring and knowledgable Dr., but for the last while I noticed he is not focused with my concerns and falls asleep when you are speaking to him. He has let his personal life come to the forefront of his practice and am glad that he has decided to retire.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

Have been seeing this doctor my entire life. Over the past couple of years I have noticed a dramatic change in his ability to focus on my concerns. He appears to be focused on his own personal life. It feels like i am being rushed out of the door, and the problem is no where near addressed. It seems as though he has lost his admiration of the job. Other than Dr. Fakim, I find one of the receptionists extremely rude and very unapproachable. If you are okay with your family doctor falling asleep as you are discussing important health issues than by all means Dr. Fakim is the right G.P for you.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

Used to be a good doctor i have seen him all my life, now he is rude, uncaring and often falls asleep while you are talking to him. He has become increasing more interested in just shuffling you to other doctors, will fight with you for prescription refills. I think he is retired and just going through the motions.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

Dr. Fakim himself has been a great doctor for our family - once you do get in to see him. I also appreciate that if he doesn't know something, he will refer you to someone more knowledgeable. That being said you will need to wait to see him, probably for a couple of hours for a routine appointment. His receptionists are incredibly rude. I know it's not exactly a 'customer service' industry, but they are not very helpful and downright condescending at times.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

Dr Fakim and his staff are the most incredible medical team you can have! He has been extremely compassionate with my husband over hte past 30 + years and especially through the past 6 months of his cancer diagnosis!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

Great doctor and I would also say a good friend. He does not hesitate to send you to specialists if need be. He is compassionate with good bedside manners. His support staff will try their best to book an appointment if it is an emergency. Since moving to his new location, his wait time has improved considerably. Dr FAKIM and staff, keep up the good work!

flag | Submitted November 22, 2013

Long overdue, giving credit to a good Doctor and, I would say, friend. When I wait longer in the waiting room than I might expect or hear grumbles about the wait I realize it is because my doctor tries to see his patients when they are sick and need him. I have never been denied a visit when it was necessary. His day starts early and when he leaves his office in the late evening he still has paperwork to do. He takes an interest in me and my life, and I am sure his other patients as well. It's new years day and I had a little time to reflect about the people who have had an impact on my life and so I add these few words of praise to a great doctor ...and his equally great staff.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2013