Ratings for Dr. D A Sander

I have never met a physician as incompetent as Dr.Sander. The lack of knowledge, care and passion from this man is an embarrassment to all physicians out there. Both my bothers are Doctors and hearing story after story we are saddened to hear about all unethical practices that go on in this clinic. He has shown many malpractices to my family already, we have been waiting for a referral for a year now, countless phone calls to his clinics and mistreatments/diagnosis. We recently found out that one of family members has major disease which he has missed, we now will be travelling to Nanaimo to get proper care. I wish he or his staff would take the time to read these reviews and actually hear what the public is saying. Take this criticism and better yourself as a human being, Dr. Sander chose this profession to help people but he has no interest in doing so therefore he should leave this profession immediately. My family and I currently working on finding a way to make sure he loses his medical license as he is an unethical doctor. Please anyone who reads this review, save you and your family members from this physician.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

Saw Dr. Sander in the Emergency Department on several different occasions and I cannot and do not trust his professional opinion. I took my daughter into the ER and she was complaining of jaw pain that radiated into her ear, it was causing her vision to double and she could barely talk. He diagnosed her without even looking at her saying she has what's called the 'suicide disease' meaning trigmenial neuralgia. WRONG! I wasn't comfortable with his opinion and his delivery method on telling me my daughter at 22 has a disease that people kill themselves over because of the terrible pain that has no treatment was deplorable. Because mother instincts took over I didn't settle for his diagnosis it turns out she had a cracked tooth causing her nerve pains. The prescription he gave my daughter would have killed her had I given it to her! Thanks for a long stressful night and more suffering my daughter had to endure. Please retire.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

This rude,dangerous menace to society, should never have received his medical license. He is unfit. Period. DO NOT GET THIS MAN FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN . There are always two doctors in Emergency, do not chose him no matter what. He is incompetent at best, a threat to your health at worst. If the other Doctor is busy, go to Nanaimo! You won't regret it, no other alternative....

flag | Submitted September 4, 2016

I like Dr. Sander. He has always been thorough and will get tests done to solve the problem.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

Wouldn't know how good or bad he is, phoned 5 times today and no answer. Have had to resort to going to the walk in cause there's never an answer.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2015

Great doctor and staff. Professional and pleasant.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

Would you like to be misdiagnosed by a man with terrible bedside manner and degrading attitude towards humans in general? Well then Dr. Sander is the man for you. Revoke this awful persons medical license or at least stick him somewhere he is not allowed to interact with patients. I have seen him several times in the emergency room over the course of my life and low and behold he either diagnosed my illness wrong or not at all. Every time I have seen him I have had to go to my general practitioner to fix his mistakes. He doesn't care about the patients and that is a big problem for people seeking proper medical attention sometimes of which they desperately need.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2013

hes not a doctor i wont allow him to treat my pets if i was desperate. I have lived with cronic pain for 25 years he keeps prscribing the same meds that dont work.. although i have told him this for the past 3 years so i live with the pain as for a referal he wont give them

flag | Submitted December 19, 2011

Dr. Sander has taken me on as a patient and has a rude and deg ratting way of treating me as a patient with chronic pain if you have a pain issue don't go to him for help he will treat you very badly and has a look on his face like oh you again. I am tired of the rude receptionist and her not answering the phone he is never in when you need him for appointments. if you need to gget in right away you have to wait a week.DO NOT SEE HIM I am switching doctors cause I am tired of being treated this way. I don't want to see him ever again!!!!!!

flag | Submitted March 28, 2011

I've had Dr. Sander all my life and he's never let me down. He's extremely busy with his work at the hospital too, but whenever I see him he has always been kind, and tried to help. Port Alberni will miss him when he retires.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2010