Ratings for Dr. Jennifer Wyman

I've been seeing Dr Wyman since 2001. She's brilliant, and compassionate, as pretty much everyone has said below. But I think she is overworked. I used to love her, trust and respect her advice, but now that I have health problems I don't feel like I'm getting the attention I need. My current health is a total mess and I’m not sharing for criticism about what I should or shouldn’t be doing differently, but to highlight that I have been asking for help for a while and am frustrated. Keep in mind as you read this, that before I started experimenting with different sleep medications the only health problem I had was acne and occasional migraines (i.e., I was a healthy weight, low blood sugar, low blood pressure, and I was a runner). My health has been spiraling out of control since about December 2009, but I’ve been “living with it.” Until a few months ago when I realized that things were really getting bad. I went in to see Dr Wyman with multiple infected wounds on both of my legs and was told that the fact that I kept scratching despite the infection means that I have extreme anxiety, bordering on OCD. Probably true, but I went in for antibiotics to avoid sepsis and instead left with OCD meds. The wounds are still there today and still infected (despite all kinds of my own efforts). I’ve asked pharmacists for their advice and it’s always “see your Dr)… I also have high blood pressure, and have for the most part since I became obese in response to taking medication for insomnia around December 2009. Instead of prescribing me blood pressure medication, I've been told it’ll rectify itself when I lose weight. I’ve lost weight twice with calorie restriction and exercise (once lost all of it – 70 lbs, second time lost 40 lbs), unfortunately it keeps coming back on bc I’m still on meds that are wrecking my thyroid and cause weight gain at a 2,000 cal diet. I also have high blood sugar (from what I’ve read, this is also related to my weight), which has been steadily increasing over the years and I’m told that I don't need to worry about monitoring my blood sugar myself, bc I'm not diabetic (yet; recall: unhealing / infected leg wounds, high blood pressure, and I also have a family history of type II diabetes)... I’ve also been denied my multiple requests for a referral to a dietitian. Beyond that, she completely forgot to send me my last blood test requisition (I couldn’t get it during our appt bc the computers were down that day), and when I did get it – after calling reception three times to remind them, it didn’t include a fasting requirement, or regular testing for my med levels, among other things… Anyway, I need to get things under control before it’s irreversible… Honestly, she used to be great, I think she has too much on her plate to be able to look at her patients holistically and provide them with the care they need as soon as they need anything outside of standard vaccines or pap tests. At this point I am doing all the research I can on my own, looking for the help that I think I need for my co-morbid conditions, filling in the referral forms and using appts to ask her to sign off on the prefilled referrals. In summary, I used to go to her for advice and follow her recommendations, now I don’t put much weight on what she suggests and tend to think of her as a rubber stamp. Would love to find a new Dr, but you know what they say about the “devil you know”…

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

Seeing Dr. Wyman was the worst health care experience I've ever had. I have never had a doctor be so condescending, rude, unprofessional, and inappropriate. I sought her help for the beginning of what I did not want to turn into a serious addiction. She did not give me one suggestion for helping me quit using. She instead asked me multiple times if I got intoxicated at work (I don't), implied that I might steal from work (very offensive, as I also don't do this), told me I should report myself to the governing authority of my professional license (there is nothing reportable, as I haven't done anything wrong), and recommended that I start doing regular urine tests even though I was completely honest about my use and admitted that my urine would test positive. If I have never been caught lying or stealing, never been intoxicated at work, never had legal problems, am not on methadone or suboxone, then I do not see a purpose in urine tests. In fact, I think establishing a relationship with a patient this way, with no trust and an accusatory tone, is bad bedside manner and practice in general. It is very disheartening to see a physician and provide full disclosure and honesty with the willingness and desire to help yourself, and have someone throw that problem back in your face and attempt to subject you to what is essentially a lie detector test. I did not feel Dr. Wyman had any desire to help me - I felt much more that she was concerned with punishing what she saw as wrong and protecting the public from a filthy junkie like me. Also, since she interrogated me so heavily about my work and even inappropriately suggested I report myself when I haven't done anything wrong, I am now too worried to ask for help again for my problem, out of fear that someone will threaten my job. So I will continue to struggle with it in secret. No one should have to do this because they are subjected to mistreatment from a physician.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2017

Dr. Wyman is the best Dr I've have ever had. She is not only a brilliant Dr, but she genuinely cares about her patients. I thank you God for such a awesome Dr. :)

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

Outstanding doctor - knowledgeable, listens to the patient, compassionate, provides clear explanations, incredibly appropriate and professional in her approach.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2016

Dr. Wyman is an outstanding physician and diagnostician. She is professional, thorough, smart, compassionate and takes time to explain and to listen. The whole practice runs smoothly and I would feel comfortable seeing one of the other doctors if Dr. Wyman was unavailable for an appointment. She has called me after hours on several occasions to discuss test results and treatment options. I also think her specialist referrals are excellent. I feel extremely fortunate to be under the care of this exceptional doctor.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2015

Dr. Wyman has been my physician for over a decade. She is not only extremely professional, but compassionate, and extremely hard working. She has spent time after hours calling and discussing test results, for example. She is part of an exceptional practice in mid-town Toronto. I am fortunate to have her as my physician. If you are ill, one of the docs will see you the same day, over the lunch hour. I highly recommend this doc and her team.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

She is attentive, pragmatic, thorough, and patient focused.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2014

Dr. Wyman is a priceless gift. She is always respectful of her patients needs and has gone above and beyond our expectations. During several medical crises, she has called us at home and hospital to enquire about our health. We feel safe in her care.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

shes an amazing doctor and I have been seeing her for 17 years

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

Dr. Wyman is a great Dr. She asks all the right questions and you can tell that she sincerely cares about your overall well being! If I could give a rating higher than 5 I would! She is that good. She has helped me immensely and found a condition that not every doctor would detect!

flag | Submitted September 25, 2013