Ratings for Dr. Cathy Andrew

terrible doctor she abandon her practice and did not give anyone their medical records

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

***** DO NOT VISIT THIS DOCTOR ****** Dr. Andrew was my doctor for the beter part of 2 decades. Dr. Andrew does not care about her job or her patients. Not only is her bedside mannar atrocious, but her working hours were terrible and she was always behind. When you went in for your appointment, you spent the better part of the time explaining why you were there because she would not rememeber. Other than the terrible person she is, she is a terrible doctor. I just found out from my new family doctor, that I should not be taking oral contraceptive with my type of migraine. Doing this can, in rare instances cause stokes. This is a gross oversight on her part as a medical professional. Please do not visit this doctor, and if you are a part of her practice, change doctors now. It may save your life. ***** DO NOT VISIT THIS DOCTOR ******

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

Brutal. Just brutal. Seems like Dr. Andrew doesn't care about her job or her patients. There is never a smile on her face. I had to switch doctors because she was rude. Her exams are painful and she yells at you when you don't do what she asks or agree with her. Talks a ton about her personal life also, strange. I am very glad I changed doctors.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

I was with Dr. Andrew for the good part of 10 years. I don't even know where to start.. I had to write a review because I had to switch Doctors. After getting test results and a diagnosis I was very upset and scared - and had some questions about the diagnosis.. Dr. Andrews then YELLED at me.. I am not exaggerating she YELLED at me "I don't have time to answer your questions" I left in TEARS. well Dr. Andrew that is your job. I think you should go into early retirement. Do not visit this Doctor..

flag | Submitted October 1, 2015

Dr. Cathy Andrew was an excellent example of what a doctor should "not" be. At first one is shocked and in disbelief at her rude, inappropriate comments. She lectured me loudly and sarcastically in front of all the patients in the waiting room for coming in with little notice. Barb looked very uncomfortable and as good a receptionist she is, I would der how she justifies working for such a negative doctor. That being said, after I spoke up for myself and stood up to her ( enough is enough) Dr. Andrew then wrote me a letter stating that I should find another doctor as "it is obvious" that I was not "happy" with her. Lol! Darn tootin'! I replied to her in writing, point by point a summary of her outrageous treatment and abuse of power with people who are in a vulnerable state. You can only leave a doc's office so many times stunned with what just took place before a definite change takes place. I feel for the meek ones who just suffer through. I know the difference between comfortable interchange between doctor and patient and actual abuse of their time and psyche. Yes, Dr. Cathy Andrew should have been reviewed and disciplined years ago. For those few who tolerated her bad manners...good for them. No one is all bad and there are those who match up to these types. Great lessons learned here.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

My mother, unfortunately, had to go see this doctor while our usual family doctor was unavailable for a while. Every time my mother came back from an appointment with Cathy Andrew, she felt horrible. Apparently this doctor does not understand what bedside manners are, as she was very rude, always made my mom feel like she was intruding on her time and didn't really want her to be there, complained about her financial issues, questioned my mothers intellect (inferring that she was stupid), swore (including in front of my younger sister who is developmentally delayed), and was very rough with exams. I don't know who this doctor thinks she is, but she is very lucky that I live hours away. Because if I had accompanied my mother to any of those appointments and witnessed any of that, I would not have tolerated it. My mother is a kind woman who wouldn't speak up if someone hurt her. And I do not like the treatment she received from this woman who clearly does not belong in this profession! My mother said that Cathy would make her assistant Barb do things that should have been Cathy's job - such as checking her pulse and what not. (As a side note, my mom said that was the only part of the visits that she looked forward to, as she said Barb was the most helpful sweetest person around). I have never even met this doctor, but how horrible she made my mother feel...and the fact she curses and did it in front of my SISTER with no problem whatsoever....um....WHY exactly does she still have this job?! I strongly detest this woman. Oh, btw, Dr Andrew...if you ever read this, I want you to know that YOU are the one who put my mother on insulin - and it has done nothing but make things worse for her. She is now in consult with another specialty dr and her regular doctor who are trying to get her off insulin completely because her pancreas makes its own insulin and all the extra is doing is making her gain weight. Now she has to lose it all. Thanks, doc. (yeah, sarcasm right there) I'm so happy I never met you.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

Dr. Andrew has been my physician for many many years so perhaps I've gotten use to any negative personality quirks that other people have mentioned. I prefer her no nonsense approach and find that if you are also no nonsense with her, ya'll will get along fine. She has made mention of her personal life on occasion I guess, but quite frankly, doctors are people too and I don't have much of a problem with having a conversation while my medical needs are being met. Maybe she is just a polarizing doctor, but I've got no complaints.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

After many years as a patient , I am moving onto a new physician. I also find Dr.Andrew spends most of my appointment talking about her personal problems, her money problems and her complaints about day to day life. Her exams are sloppy, and her internals are very rough. The convenience of her previous location, her lovely office assistant and familiarity kept me coming back, but with the new clinic space and automaton assistants, I finally decided to find another doctor. I forgot what professionalism was like until I found a new physician.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

I have been very dissappointed with Dr. Andrew's care over the past number of years. I continually feel as if I am a bother to her when I see her, I feel as though my health problems are not worth her time. She is abrupt, disrespectful and unwelcoming. Dr. Andrew complains of OHIP and other doctors (specialists) during my appointments, claiming that she has to do all of their work when she gets the results of my tests back! Isn't that one of the roles of a family doctor, to explain results?? Her internal examines are aggessive and painful. She does not listen to the needs of her patients. It seems as though she is tired of this profession. I will not be returning. Please do not become a patient of this miserable doctor.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2013

I do not like posting negativity, however, perhaps this can save someone from being exposed to this doctor. She needs to be reported to the OMA & I will ensure that she does. Dr. Andrew told me that I was weird patient because I had a heart attack, (I am young) instead of helping me deal with it. I can get over that. However, with the internal exam, she was violent & aggressive & forceful. I felt violated & she told me for 'f' sakes, you've had two kids!', but I left there feeling like I had been sexually abused & assaulted. I am stating this so that others will not have the same misfortune. She spends more time discussing her divorce, her private life & you feel like you are imposing being there, as it feels like she hates her job. Please do not go to her. Her staff is kind & considerate, but this does compensate for a doctor/person who is abusive, both physically & mentally. She should not be in this profession. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR. EVER!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2012