You may also like

Rate Dr. George P. Liakeas

Dr. George P. Liakeas's Ratings

As a 71-year-young New Yorker, I’ve had the plethora of doctor experiences that border on unfeeling, uncaring, rushed appointments, as we all have. So, when I needed a new primary care doctor, I checked out Dr. George Liakeas (who is in network in my Medi Blue insurance) and expected not much at all. However when I arrived at his spotless, modern, beautiful offices it was the start of an incredibly wonderful, beyond belief doctor experience. His front desk staff was so accommodating, helpful, friendly and eager-to-please that they made me feel comfortably and immediately at home. Firstly, one has to usually fill out pages and pages and pages of medical info only to be called into the doctor’s office and asked to repeat all the information (you’d think they would look it over)! Not at Dr. George’s immaculate, state-of-the-art offices! Just some simple pages to fill out; then I saw delightful PA Paul (again escorted into such a peaceful, lovely office). We went over my entire medical history, while HE carefully input my entire history into the computer… such a time-saver and left me wondrous at the easiness and thoughtfulness of this office procedure that was yet filled with everything to easily note, discuss and comprehend my medical history.. yes. simply everything just flowed so easily and completely. He was very knowledgable, helpful, warm, compassionate. Then I saw Dr. George… words cannot fully express and describe him… honestly the kindest, warmest, smartest, thoughtful, understanding, attentive doctor I have seen in many, many, many years. I trust him completely. He answered any and all questions and spent as much time as needed to address all concerns… I never for a minute felt rushed… all for a $20 co-pay! Full blood work and urine test done; It was one of the most extensive, productive medical (with full physical) appointment I have ever experienced. I felt totally and enormously comfortable and cared about and I left his office incredibly, incredibly pleased and filled with warmth… I honestly can easily see, as so, so, so many have reviewed him, he is conclusively and without an iota of doubt one of the, if not THE very best, top doctors in New York, deservedly so. These written reviews can only somewhat portray the full picture, but only an experience with him can actually show the truth. Needless to say, I recommend him highly and thankfully for me I have found my doctor for the rest of my life. I can only finish with… see for yourself his competence, tenderness, caring and empathy.. he is certainly one-of-a-kind; they don’t make doctors like him any more! I am thankful beyond words and comprehension that I luckily found him. I hope you do too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2907790].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2015

I am shocked that there was a person with a negative review. I notice this was the only one, so I think I can safely surmise this person has issues. Dr. Liakeas is the best there is, and I wouldn't trust anyone else with my health. He's brilliant, patient, and keeps up on all the latest. Nothing negative to report. As was stayed, if you're kept waiting, it's for a good reason, and most likely is due to someone needing extra care. The last thing he cares about is the money. He truly cares about his patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2822996].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 30, 2015

Dr George has been my doctor for 15 years. He is calm, confident and gives everyone sound and practical advice. He will always take time to explain carefully what needs to be done and he follows up. a rare Physician in todays hectic society.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2680550].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2015

Most caring doctor I've ever met. Always available and really seems to care. New office is amazing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2614526].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2014

Best doctor ever. I've know him for 17 years and he's just a very wonderful doctor. Both my husband and I see him and he's always been there for us.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2592061].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2497373].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2014

Dr. Liakeas is actually a very caring and honest doctor who is very knowledgeable. I am giving an honest rating; if the Appointment time isn't met - your waiting, it's because he's taking time with a patient who really needs it the way you would want that same time and care for yourself. Anyone who rates this doctor all negative numbers as a result of him taking time to care for someone's needs is ignorant and foolish. For as long as I am living in the Manhattan area/NYC, I will trust my life with Dr. Liakeas. Without him, his trust, and his recommendations, I would have lost my job, and the life I worked 12 years to make for myself. I owe him a great deal of gratitude. Thank you Dr. Liakeas! -Mark P.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1690167].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 28, 2013

sigh...where do i being...waited almost 2 hours to be seen for less then 2 mins! also had the nerve to ask me to join his Concierge program for a less then a $1000 to get better service. HOW UNETHICAL!!!. it looks like all he cares bout is if he is getting paid by insurances or not..does not care for patients! avoid at all costs

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1690168].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 30, 2011

i agree with the other great reviews. i am over 60 and have seen a number of doctors. dr liakeas and his group seem to be the only ones who care. i have even gotten more out of him than the specialists that take care of me and he always seems to know exactly what's going on, what to expect, and what to tell me to avoid. the others just give me medicines and send me on my way. if i didnt have dr george i would be lost. thank you dr liakeas, i dont know what i would do without you and sorry i bombard you and your office with my complicated problems.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1690166].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2010

i feel obliged to rate dr liakeas. i saw a comment about his being a teacher too and wondered if that was for me. by having the student in the room, i not only felt that a more thorough exam was done but also i learned a lot too including what other things dr l was thinking that most drs dont reveal. i felt very comfortable and got a good sense of what the plan was going to be. other drs including my gyn were very cold and matter of fact. if a question was asked they acted like i had no busy questioning what the dr was thinking. dr l was definetly not like that and most of all, his diagnosis was right the first time when other drs only care about referring me to someone else instead of doing their work first! dr l your the best and i will continue to send everyone in my firm and family to you!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1690165].votes_count ]]