Ratings for Dr. George P. Liakeas

I am shocked that there was a person with a negative review. I notice this was the only one, so I think I can safely surmise this person has issues. Dr. Liakeas is the best there is, and I wouldn't trust anyone else with my health. He's brilliant, patient, and keeps up on all the latest. Nothing negative to report. As was stayed, if you're kept waiting, it's for a good reason, and most likely is due to someone needing extra care. The last thing he cares about is the money. He truly cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

The history forms patients fill out are very extensive, and he took the time to review them with me before doing the physical exam, which was one of the most comprehensive medical examinations I have ever had. He is smart, sensitive, a great listener and he talks "with you", not "at you".

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

As a 71-year-young New Yorker, I’ve had the plethora of doctor experiences that border on unfeeling, uncaring, rushed appointments, as we all have. So, when I needed a new primary care doctor, I checked out Dr. George Liakeas (who is in network in my Medi Blue insurance) and expected not much at all. However when I arrived at his spotless, modern, beautiful offices it was the start of an incredibly wonderful, beyond belief doctor experience. His front desk staff was so accommodating, helpful, friendly and eager-to-please that they made me feel comfortably and immediately at home. Firstly, one has to usually fill out pages and pages and pages of medical info only to be called into the doctor’s office and asked to repeat all the information (you’d think they would look it over)! Not at Dr. George’s immaculate, state-of-the-art offices! Just some simple pages to fill out; then I saw delightful PA Paul (again escorted into such a peaceful, lovely office). We went over my entire medical history, while HE carefully input my entire history into the computer… such a time-saver and left me wondrous at the easiness and thoughtfulness of this office procedure that was yet filled with everything to easily note, discuss and comprehend my medical history.. yes. simply everything just flowed so easily and completely. He was very knowledgable, helpful, warm, compassionate. Then I saw Dr. George… words cannot fully express and describe him… honestly the kindest, warmest, smartest, thoughtful, understanding, attentive doctor I have seen in many, many, many years. I trust him completely. He answered any and all questions and spent as much time as needed to address all concerns… I never for a minute felt rushed… all for a $20 co-pay! Full blood work and urine test done; It was one of the most extensive, productive medical (with full physical) appointment I have ever experienced. I felt totally and enormously comfortable and cared about and I left his office incredibly, incredibly pleased and filled with warmth… I honestly can easily see, as so, so, so many have reviewed him, he is conclusively and without an iota of doubt one of the, if not THE very best, top doctors in New York, deservedly so. These written reviews can only somewhat portray the full picture, but only an experience with him can actually show the truth. Needless to say, I recommend him highly and thankfully for me I have found my doctor for the rest of my life. I can only finish with… see for yourself his competence, tenderness, caring and empathy.. he is certainly one-of-a-kind; they don’t make doctors like him any more! I am thankful beyond words and comprehension that I luckily found him. I hope you do too.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

flag | Submitted May 30, 2015

Dr George has been my doctor for 15 years. He is calm, confident and gives everyone sound and practical advice. He will always take time to explain carefully what needs to be done and he follows up. a rare Physician in todays hectic society.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

Most caring doctor I've ever met. Always available and really seems to care. New office is amazing.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2014

Best doctor ever. I've know him for 17 years and he's just a very wonderful doctor. Both my husband and I see him and he's always been there for us.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2014

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

Dr. Liakeas is actually a very caring and honest doctor who is very knowledgeable. I am giving an honest rating; if the Appointment time isn't met - your waiting, it's because he's taking time with a patient who really needs it the way you would want that same time and care for yourself. Anyone who rates this doctor all negative numbers as a result of him taking time to care for someone's needs is ignorant and foolish. For as long as I am living in the Manhattan area/NYC, I will trust my life with Dr. Liakeas. Without him, his trust, and his recommendations, I would have lost my job, and the life I worked 12 years to make for myself. I owe him a great deal of gratitude. Thank you Dr. Liakeas! -Mark P.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2013

sigh...where do i being...waited almost 2 hours to be seen for less then 2 mins! also had the nerve to ask me to join his Concierge program for a less then a $1000 to get better service. HOW UNETHICAL!!!. it looks like all he cares bout is if he is getting paid by insurances or not..does not care for patients! avoid at all costs

flag | Submitted September 30, 2011

Dr. George P. Liakeas's Credentials

• A Einstein Coll Of Med Of Yeshiva Univ, Bronx Ny 10461 (Grad. 1997)

Ameritas