You may also like

Dr. Chapman fixed my back in 2008. I completely blew out my L5. I was the guy in the Tylenol commercial bent over and couldn't stand up straight. I was stuck that way for 3 months and after he saw me he pushed my surgery up on his list and now I have my life again. 3 months of recovery and I was back to work in construction. It's now 2015 and I'm still going strong I'm now perfect sure I still get pain now and again but hey I put my body through hell in construction. Dr . Chapman was amazing and really knowledgeable. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

Dr. Chapman was a godsend when he did my discectomy about 10 years ago! The thing I liked the most was when he said to me, "even though I make my living as a surgeon, the last thing I want to do is cut somebody open!" Well, in my case, he had no choice. Steroids did not shrink my bulging disc. Regardless, I was out of the hospital less than 24 hours after surgery and my back has been great ever since!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

My nerve pain was gone when I woke up. I was walking and climbing stairs! Iv been waiting for you a long time Dr. Chapman and crew! I am walking without pain for the first time in 27 years! Thank you so much!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2015

I think a lot of people reviewing badly here are those who don't like Dr. Chapman's business demeanor. He's a surgeon - if he does not recommend surgery, that's it. He's not giving out magic pills and physio prescriptions. He knows better than almost everyone about orthopedic issues and he is incredibly knowledgeable. He read my MRI, told me the truth, gave me his recommendation for surgery and asked if I had questions for him. Later on I asked him specific questions and he answered them - you can't wait for him to read your mind. All in all, I had a wonderful, logical experience with Dr. Chapman. He removed my disc herniation and 4 weeks later I am much improved and had no complications. I feel as if those who complain about his bedside manner are those who were not willing to accept his quick and to the point diagnosis and treatment style, or took offense that his diagnosis did not meet their expectations. Put your faith in his hands. He's a great doctor.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

Doesn't seem to have time. left me with so many questions with no answer . The more I asked he seemed to get pissed off at me told me it was up to me . Actually said he could put disc back if I would like then said nothing left to talk about

flag | Submitted December 26, 2014

My name is Tim O'Donnell . I am 60 years old and came to see Dr. Chapman when I was 51 years old . I was eating approx .60 or so Advil gel tablets a week to deal with my back pain. I could not drive 10 minutes without stopping the car and getting out and crunching to release the pressure on my back and I could not walk for ten minutes without doing the same . I was still employed with retirement just down the road...I did not want to retire with this constant pain !! Do not get me wrong ..This was not a Comp. case or anything like that. A fellow that I worked with recommended Dr. Chapman to me . This man has changed my way of life and I will before ever grateful to him. He operated on me at 11:45 on a Wed. and on Fri. evening I was sitting on my deck on Sturgeon Lake starting my recovery...Wow! I am coming up to my 10th. anniversary. I still remember the therapy that he recommended to me . No drugs... Lots of milk for bone fusing because he fused my 4th and 5th together and lots of walking which was right up my alley because i could not do it any more because of my pain. I hope ... Dr. Chapman that you are reading these reviews because I am truly gratefully for what you have done for me . I am an avid snowmobiller that puts on about 12 to1500 miles per winter!!! Thanks again and all the best to you and yours Xmas 2014-2015....Tim O,donnell

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

He didn't listen properly, what kind of physical pain and stress I was going through. He seems to be in great rush. In less than 2 minutes, he finished physical examination. First, he scared and confused by saying that this kind of rupturing is abnormal and I have a severe one. I'll not recommend his services to any patient. He is completely insensitive.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

This Dr has amazing skills, I walked many years with 2 canes because of a botched back operation and he fixed me up and my quality of life has greatly improved. He fused me from L 45 to T12 and put in two bars to make my back more stable and by pain level has greatly reduced and I now walk with no canes. I am not perfect but he did take away much more pain than he said he would. My only complaint is the pain management after surgery was not the best. He did a fine job for me after having 2 other surgeries

flag | Submitted April 12, 2014

Dr. Chapman implanted a Prodisc-L in my L5-S1. The moment i opened my eyes from the anesthetic i knew the operation was a success. Years of pain GONE. Four days in hospital. Back to work in 3 weeks(although it took about six weeks to feel my self again). I am so grateful that Scarborough General offers this procedure when even the downtown Toronto teaching hospitals do not. Great combination ; a Dr. with a lifetime of surgical skill to implant the latest orthopedic technology. you tube posting here http://youtu.be/EMqejrPRc24 . After years of suffering the silence is deafening. Highly recommend this doctor and this procedure.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

I had successful discectomy on my S1 L5. Jan 17 2013 performed by Dr.Chapman. He is an excellent surgeon and all around just a great guy. I am only 5 days into my recovery and i can already tell the difference this procedure has made.Gone is my lower back pressure also the pain and numbness down the right leg is non existent. I feel like Dr. Chapman has given me a new lease on life, I was up walking around the day after surgery. To everyone suffering, ask for Dr. Chapman!!! His nurse at the office is very helpful and knowledgeable as well. A big thank you to Dr. Chapman, his staff and the staff at Scarborough Grace (Birchmount campus). P Kelly Ptbo.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2013

Dr. M.T. Chapman's Credentials

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Chapman fixed my back in 2008. I completely blew out my L5. I was the guy in the Tylenol commercial bent over and couldn't stand up straight. I was stuck th..."

September 1, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Chapman was a godsend when he did my discectomy about 10 years ago! The thing I liked the most was when he said to me, "even though I make my living as a su..."

July 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My nerve pain was gone when I woke up. I was walking and climbing stairs! Iv been waiting for you a long time Dr. Chapman and crew! I am walking without pain..."

July 11, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I think a lot of people reviewing badly here are those who don't like Dr. Chapman's business demeanor. He's a surgeon - if he does not recommend surgery, that's..."

June 12, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Doesn't seem to have time. left me with so many questions with no answer . The more I asked he seemed to get pissed off at me told me it was up to me . Actua..."

December 26, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My name is Tim O'Donnell . I am 60 years old and came to see Dr. Chapman when I was 51 years old . I was eating approx .60 or so Advil gel tablets a week to dea..."

December 2, 2014
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "He didn't listen properly, what kind of physical pain and stress I was going through. He seems to be in great rush. In less than 2 minutes, he finished physical..."

October 21, 2014