Ratings for Dr. Stewert Heddle

The nightmare continues a decade + after heddle. I've just had my 5th sinus surgery since his and unbelievably the surgeon is still pulling gore-tex out. I nearly died from the staph infection i acquired from the hospital last year because it attached to this foreign substance heddle seems to have filled my poor nose with. My new surgeon did a simple rib graft, all natural no 'fillers and is confident he has finally got all the gore tec. I'd had one serious infection after another since heddle and his gore-tex mesh ever since my first surgery where it appears he removed healthy flesh/tissue so he could use that 'medical duct tape'. What kind of surgeon uses so much? How many patients of his out there are ticking time bombs waiting for an infection to catch on years later? Wonder how many of his former patients have died from infections not knowing?

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

This Doctor is a nightmare as I sit here in pain 12 years later. I was told that I would have 2 small incisions made in my underarms to remove glands for over sweating. I was good with that. After surgery and being propped like a bandaged puppet I was told I had over 200 stitches. I presently have scars that look like 2 giant swastikas which is humiliating. He told me the scars would go away but they never did. I have nerve damage and numbness down my arm. I am now realizing that there may have been more than glands removed such as muscle and am getting medical treatment to see what was done. I also have a deep pocket on one under arm and to the other. He's a ****. Do not have him touch you.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2013

Wow, I had no idea this site even exited. It makes me want to cry, because I too am a victim of Dr, Heddle. I would give anything in this world to take it back. The surgery he preformed has left me with major damage and I will probably suffer the rest of my life due to it. In June 2010 I went in for surgery to have a ganglion cyst removed from my left wrist. It was to be simple and my recovery would be two weeks. When I got home, I took the bandage off to see a very large scar. I started to cry, as I was told there would only be two pin hole scars. Since then I have been to see my Dr. so many times I lost tract. And all the Emr. room visits. When the incision was done for my surgery, Dr. Heddle did something wrong and it left me with some nerve damage in my arm and numbness in my thumb. I live with pain and tried different meds to help with pain and swelling.Still waiting to see new Surgeon. This surgery has changed my life for the worst and I pray that the new Surgeon can fix me.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2012

HE IS A GREAT DOCTOR I WOULD TRUST HIM WITH MY LIFE AND MY CHILDRENS LIFE HE LOOKEDE AFTER MY DAUGHTER AFTER SHE WAS IN AN ACCIDENT AND YOU CANT EVEN SEE A SCAR ON LY WHEN SHE IS TIRED GREAT DOCTOR

flag | Submitted August 18, 2010

I too had a breast reduction done. I was not shown any before or after photos, but several were taken of me. I was left with large, ugly scars and it seemed like a large portion of skin all piled onto either side. The scars are still extremely hideous and it has been over 3 years since my surgery. When getting my sutures out on my follow up one had the skin growing on it and the nurse ripped it out knowing that it was very painful. It was not a very good experience. I have yet to consult another surgeon to repair the work because I am too afraid of having even worse results. I would not recommend this doctor to do this procedure. I would strongly suggest shopping around. I wish I had.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2009

i fell and broke my nose last winter. the er doc sent me home with dr heddle's name & told me he would take out my stitches. it turned out my nose was crushed & i had bone fragments going in every direction, including up in my skull. dr huddle and his staff were so very kind, informative & patient - i was in shock to hear the news and quite distressed. i almost passed out on them a few times and even the receptionist helped me! i sound like a big suck but i wasn't well & yes, i was quite sucky. they were all so nice! my nose? it's better than before i broke it! i have a scar but that was from the initial injury (i fell against a table) but my nose used to be crooked & had a bump in it and it's lovely & straight. i call it my ohip nose job. and i thank dr huddle and his wonderful staff from the bottom of my heart. may i say that people who have complained about dr huddle about how long it took the to heal-smoking, diet & sleep affect healing which he isn't responsible for-you are.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2009

I am so unhappy with the work Dr. Heddle did on my breast reduction. Terrible scars and he left large pockets of skin hanging on the sides which I paid to have done and also in the front. I would not recommend anyone to have a breast reduction by him. I am presently seeing another plastic surgeon who was shocked by the work I had done and is doing a revision. Dr. Heddles lack of concern with my dissatisfaction was terrible. I must say his nurse is a wonderful person who believes in Dr. Heddle but unfortunately she doesn't do the surgery.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2009

Dr Heddle is one of the worst dr's ever!He told me my hand surgery was going to be 10 minutes (last over 2hours) and that i was going to be able to move my fingers the next day (took my 3 weeks to heal and 4 months to move my fingers) He also told me that he woulf be making 2 pin sized cuts but he ended up making a cut over 10cm long. What a lier. Then when i went to his nurse to get my stitches taken out she left 5 in and the physiotherapist had to take them out. One of the worst drs ever!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2008

I first saw Dr. Heddle on March 4TH, only waited approx 2 months to see him. Mind you I was asked to be seen by him ASAP by my family doctor. His staff was friendly, the wait time was a little long but it is with most doctors. He seemed to have alot of knowledge in regards to my hand that needs surgery on for the 2nd time. He was not my first surgeon, but we did see eye to eye on the procedure that needs to be done. The only problem I found was he did not look me in the face when we were talking. As well he did not explain my procedure which is coming up on the 20TH of March. I am greatfull he is able to get me in so fast due to the severity of my hand. I just think he expected I would know what would be going on during my surgery as it's very similar to my first one. His hands shaking did make me a little nervous, especially when working in such a small space in the hand with the nerves etc! I know my hands shake due to thyroid problems, I am confident he will do a great job Thanks Dr

flag | Submitted March 10, 2008

Dr. Stewart Heddle and his staff were amazing, I had a breast reduction done very recently, with great success, he was very personable, told me about the procedure and asked if I had any questions, his staff especially Fran have taken great care of me. I highly recommend Dr Heddle and his staff. Thankyou for taking such great care of me

flag | Submitted June 7, 2007