Ratings for Dr. Melanie Pratt

Dr Pratt has been following me for a complicated condition which I had seen 3 other dermatologists for before finally being diagnosed by her. She actually runs a clinic that treats some of the more complex cases in the city. She’s compassionate, efficient and competent; maybe not great at hand holding, but who cares really. Maybe if you saw 5,000 patients per year, you’d also be a little bitter at times. Seeing these nothing but mean and defaming comments on this garbage website is actually disheartening. I’m sure if everyone who actually appreciates her expertise and care wrote a review, she’d have a lot more positives than negatives.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2017

Really unfortunate experience with Dr Pratt. I had seen her many years before, but went again in the hope she had changed. She was still arrogant and dismissive of my concerns about side effects of certain treatments, and was told to 'suck it up' - twice! She also commented on my weight, which was none of her business. I found her to be extremely unprofessional, and will never got to her again. She belongs in academia and not with patients.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2017

I ve been waiting for more than six months to see her and She rushed me through my visit !!! She said she will answer the rest of my questions next time because shes busy!!!!horrible experience!!!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

I have just saw Dr Pratt I found her amazing she has 1000's of people coming to see her she is the top of her feild for a reason

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

I just saw the ratings of Dr. Pratt when looking for the address, and didn't open as I didn't want it to interfere with my perception of the visit. My appointment was at 10:30 and just got back at noon. The entire visit with Dr. Pratt was maybe 15 minutes. The resident was extremely helpful and listening to all y concerns and took down all my information and I was feeling really good that there was a plan to help my progressively worse eczema. Dr. Pratt came in barely listened to what her resident was saying. Took a 10 second look at my hand, asked me what products I have used, when I indicated that I use very clean and natural products she basically disputed that, I showed what products I used and said fair points about even these clean ingredients can be irritating which is more than fair. Indicated that she was running behind (clearly no need to go into anything further! Only waiting for this appointment for over a year!) said to do a patch test and gave me a list of garbage to use in the interim and said that where I work she knows I am "INDOCTRINATED"! If she had even asked I would have explained I have used several of products she has recommended that make my skin even worse! I spoke to her resident after as I was seeing red I was so annoyed with this disappointing and frankly insulting visit. Resident was very helpful to say to use unscented or no fragrance products at all for patch test, very reasonable and rational for my concerns! Obviously everyone else here as desperate as I am to continue seeing this MD and if it wasn't for her resident I would have been even more disappointment. The receptionist and resident were very helpful so this is not a reflection on them

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Saw Dr Pratt today, and was totally scared off by all the bad reviews. I can say that I had a pretty good visit, but it was much different than I imagined. I was gearing up for an in-depth skin analysis/consultation, but I found that the appointment took only moments. The resident took my medical history and was asking me some excellent questions, but right as she was about to do the analysis of my skin, Dr Pratt entered, gave me a sheet with product suggestions (which are all quite good), complimented my knowledge of the treatment I was using, and was overall helpful, and very friendly, but really brisk , even though there was no one in her waiting room and her resident didn't seem done with the examination. She gave me a script and my requisition, but I can sympathize with others on this site who feel that their concerns were not taken seriously or adequately addressed. Overall it was a positive experience, but even if you are a busy physician, I cannot imagine what led her to hustle me out of her office so quickly!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

Hardly listened to a word I said, offered no options after wanting to get off meds that I was originally told was temporary only to be told that my eczema looks good, that the meds were permanent and that the eczema would probably return if I stopped it and that I would have to live with the debilitating side effects If I loved having nice hands. Not that she let me finish telling her what my side effect were. (horrible joint pain after minimal physical activities, suicidal thoughts, horrible daily headaches) Offered no options to treat without meds. I will have to figure it out on my own I guess.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

I am relieved to know she is not seeing patients anymore out at the Kemptville hospital. We are blessed with another dr. Thank god.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

More follow up would be appreciated. She is knowledgeable and smarth.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

Dr. Pratt was very very knowledgable. I was terrified after reading the reviews on here, but honestly it's her job to diagnose you, who cares if her assistant is the one who listens to all the skin issues etc, it's so that it can be broken down to skin issues and products that link allergies together to help Dr Pratt better assess the situation and decide which things to patch test you on. Dr Pratt will listen to anything you think she should know tell her she will listen after results are given, just let her do her job first. She saw all my eczema and after a year straight of full faced eczema that 4 dermatologists could not figure out, she diagnosed me with allergy to formaldehyde resin, sodium bisulphite and methylisothiazolinone. She even provided me with the research resources to find the best products to help my skin. I am now nearly a month since my appointment, with BEAUTIFUL 100% blemish free skin, something I didn't know if I'd ever see again and it's all thank to her. Go in with EVERY single thing thats touched your skin, and medications you've been on since the reaction occurred. She is amazing doctor, I could not recommend her more.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017