Ratings for Dr. Melanie Pratt

It is the first time I express criticism at a doctor. I do it in the hope of being constructive. I went to Dr Pratt for facial dermatitis. she hardly listened to me, offered no information as to what could possibly trigger the dermatitis in spite of tehfact that I use the same facial products day in day out, when I repeated the question, in a kind voice because I could see how edgy she was, she dismissed me saying she had tested me, found I was allergic to formaldehyde and couldn`t tell me me anything more. Her tone, made be understand that if I did not want to get really angry, I should just leave it at that. I came out frustrated that I had spent all these hours of testing, for nothing. My friustration grew when, at the pharmacy, I discovered she had goven me a prespition for body demartitis (wjhich I d not have) eye demrmatitis whoich I ocxcasionally have., but none for caial dermatitis wheih is what I sug-ffer form! I looking for her phone number I fell upon this page and saw other critisicims, all corresponfding to my impression. I dearly hope someone reads this and has a constructive conversation with DR Pratt: 1) if she no longer enjoys her work, she should quit, but being dismissive with patients is not an option and 2) the entirely believable story on this web page about her berating a patient for having refused an examination by a male medical student is a violation of the law.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

Like so many others on here with negative experiences we had the same, Dr. Pratt spent little time with my wife who was the patient, she did not listen and/or interrupts almost immediately jumping to conclusions and then changing them when hearing more details if you could get them in. Like many others on here she has her resident doctor do most of the exam and then comes in for a little bit at the end to try and rush through it - why? To make more money or maybe just doesn't like dealing with patients? Like many others on here, she made a rude comment about something personal of my wife - it had nothing to do with the problems we came to her for - she just felt she needed to not only say it but point it out to resident doctor who was a normal human being and of course embarrassed to talk about it. To those who defend her saying she gets to the point and does not have time, well she only jumps to points without listening and yet she has time to digress with rude irrelevant comments? Most of the time you will be incredibly frustrated as she talks more to resident doctor than the patient and then hurries out. Zero ability to listen or problem solve or interest in solving your problem. This is point blank the worst doctor we have ever seen, I mean rock bottom low and we have seen a lot in the last 10 years. We had waited almost a year for this appointment and her help was worse than nothing, with generic product avoidance suggestions that did not apply to what my wife uses anyway and no attempt at any real diagnosis of what physically is happening, my wife was deeply depressed after seeing her. Read through the other reviews, her rating is only saved from the bottom mostly by a staff that is not bad.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

Dr Pratt should have been a veterinarian as she has no concept that people have brains and should be involved and participate in making informed decisions about their care. She does not tolerate questions. I guess that would rake too much of her valuable time. Don't waste your time with this doctor.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

Run...Don't walk...Dr. Pratt is arrogant, unprofessional, and due to her inability to listen, incompetent and dangerous...I fired her as an MD after seeing for a year...Dr. Scott Walsh had my problems solved within 6 months...I drove 400 kms to Toronto rather than see Pratt again.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2017

I honestly. Cannot believe she is still treating patients. The college of physicians obviously don't care how horrible she is. Stick to doing teaching and speeches/seminars . Leave us the patients alone

flag | Submitted December 17, 2016

Waited over a year. The intern was great and spent 55 minutes of the 60 minute exam asking good questions. Pratt rolled in the last 5 minutes and answered no questions. Also, staff interrupted exam to take a coffee order for the doctors. Would not recommend this office or doctor.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

I thought Doctor Pratt was really polite. She did not explaim what was tested so I don't know what I can consider really safe. She gave me the list of products i am allergic to.and some suggestions of products I can use. I remain with many unanswered questions which i guess I'll have to figure out by myself!

flag | Submitted November 12, 2016

Doesn't take the time to explain the procedure. She was in a rush and recommends you go see another dermatologist. I waited 9 months.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

My experience with Dr Pratt was terrible. She doesn't take the time to properly explain the full procedure of the examination to come and I waited 6 months for a 5 min appointment.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

It is really annoying that I can't ever get in touch with anyone at her office. I have to listen to a lot of irrelevant information before I can even leave a message. My time is important too.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016