Ratings for Dr. Melanie Pratt

Hardly listened to a word I said, offered no options after wanting to get off meds that I was originally told was temporary only to be told that my eczema looks good, that the meds were permanent and that the eczema would probably return if I stopped it and that I would have to live with the debilitating side effects If I loved having nice hands. Not that she let me finish telling her what my side effect were. (horrible joint pain after minimal physical activities, suicidal thoughts, horrible daily headaches) Offered no options to treat without meds. I will have to figure it out on my own I guess.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

I am relieved to know she is not seeing patients anymore out at the Kemptville hospital. We are blessed with another dr. Thank god.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

More follow up would be appreciated. She is knowledgeable and smarth.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

Dr. Pratt was very very knowledgable. I was terrified after reading the reviews on here, but honestly it's her job to diagnose you, who cares if her assistant is the one who listens to all the skin issues etc, it's so that it can be broken down to skin issues and products that link allergies together to help Dr Pratt better assess the situation and decide which things to patch test you on. Dr Pratt will listen to anything you think she should know tell her she will listen after results are given, just let her do her job first. She saw all my eczema and after a year straight of full faced eczema that 4 dermatologists could not figure out, she diagnosed me with allergy to formaldehyde resin, sodium bisulphite and methylisothiazolinone. She even provided me with the research resources to find the best products to help my skin. I am now nearly a month since my appointment, with BEAUTIFUL 100% blemish free skin, something I didn't know if I'd ever see again and it's all thank to her. Go in with EVERY single thing thats touched your skin, and medications you've been on since the reaction occurred. She is amazing doctor, I could not recommend her more.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

Dr. Pratt was direct to the point and very knowledgeable. I was afraid after reading the reviews on here that she wouldn't listen to all my issues. She knows what information she needs and asks questions where she expects direct answers and not a long story. At the end of the appointment if there is anything you think she should know tell her she will listen. Just don't do it before she’s done her analysis. She saw all my eczema and had a lot of sympathy for me and told me it is her job to figure out what is causing all these reactions. This is the first time I've been to a specialist that gave me a lot of insight on what could be causing my reactions and explained it with big words that I now have to google. Make sure you go in there with as many products as you can that you use (including your dish soap and cleaners) you will be surprised the link between them and other products you may be using. The first appointment is to determine if your problem is Contact Allergy or Contact Irritation or if you have a genetic disorder such as Psoriasis. If you see her highlight the Contact Allergy then you will get patch testing done. Go in there with an open mind let her do her job. If what she prescribes you makes you worse or doesn't work don't give up. Report it back to the office and she will modify your plan. The office staff runs like a machine as there are a lot of patients in and out of there all day long. They might not answer the phone much during the day but call at 8am sharp and you will get someone.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

It is the first time I express criticism at a doctor. I do it in the hope of being constructive. I went to Dr Pratt for facial dermatitis. she hardly listened to me, offered no information as to what could possibly trigger the dermatitis in spite of tehfact that I use the same facial products day in day out, when I repeated the question, in a kind voice because I could see how edgy she was, she dismissed me saying she had tested me, found I was allergic to formaldehyde and couldn`t tell me me anything more. Her tone, made be understand that if I did not want to get really angry, I should just leave it at that. I came out frustrated that I had spent all these hours of testing, for nothing. My friustration grew when, at the pharmacy, I discovered she had goven me a prespition for body demartitis (wjhich I d not have) eye demrmatitis whoich I ocxcasionally have., but none for caial dermatitis wheih is what I sug-ffer form! I looking for her phone number I fell upon this page and saw other critisicims, all corresponfding to my impression. I dearly hope someone reads this and has a constructive conversation with DR Pratt: 1) if she no longer enjoys her work, she should quit, but being dismissive with patients is not an option and 2) the entirely believable story on this web page about her berating a patient for having refused an examination by a male medical student is a violation of the law.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

Like so many others on here with negative experiences we had the same, Dr. Pratt spent little time with my wife who was the patient, she did not listen and/or interrupts almost immediately jumping to conclusions and then changing them when hearing more details if you could get them in. Like many others on here she has her resident doctor do most of the exam and then comes in for a little bit at the end to try and rush through it - why? To make more money or maybe just doesn't like dealing with patients? Like many others on here, she made a rude comment about something personal of my wife - it had nothing to do with the problems we came to her for - she just felt she needed to not only say it but point it out to resident doctor who was a normal human being and of course embarrassed to talk about it. To those who defend her saying she gets to the point and does not have time, well she only jumps to points without listening and yet she has time to digress with rude irrelevant comments? Most of the time you will be incredibly frustrated as she talks more to resident doctor than the patient and then hurries out. Zero ability to listen or problem solve or interest in solving your problem. This is point blank the worst doctor we have ever seen, I mean rock bottom low and we have seen a lot in the last 10 years. We had waited almost a year for this appointment and her help was worse than nothing, with generic product avoidance suggestions that did not apply to what my wife uses anyway and no attempt at any real diagnosis of what physically is happening, my wife was deeply depressed after seeing her. Read through the other reviews, her rating is only saved from the bottom mostly by a staff that is not bad.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

Dr Pratt should have been a veterinarian as she has no concept that people have brains and should be involved and participate in making informed decisions about their care. She does not tolerate questions. I guess that would rake too much of her valuable time. Don't waste your time with this doctor.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

Run...Don't walk...Dr. Pratt is arrogant, unprofessional, and due to her inability to listen, incompetent and dangerous...I fired her as an MD after seeing for a year...Dr. Scott Walsh had my problems solved within 6 months...I drove 400 kms to Toronto rather than see Pratt again.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2017

I honestly. Cannot believe she is still treating patients. The college of physicians obviously don't care how horrible she is. Stick to doing teaching and speeches/seminars . Leave us the patients alone

flag | Submitted December 17, 2016