Ratings for Dr. Melanie Pratt

I ve been waiting for more than six months to see her and She rushed me through my visit !!! She said she will answer the rest of my questions next time because shes busy!!!!horrible experience!!!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

I have just saw Dr Pratt I found her amazing she has 1000's of people coming to see her she is the top of her feild for a reason

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

I just saw the ratings of Dr. Pratt when looking for the address, and didn't open as I didn't want it to interfere with my perception of the visit. My appointment was at 10:30 and just got back at noon. The entire visit with Dr. Pratt was maybe 15 minutes. The resident was extremely helpful and listening to all y concerns and took down all my information and I was feeling really good that there was a plan to help my progressively worse eczema. Dr. Pratt came in barely listened to what her resident was saying. Took a 10 second look at my hand, asked me what products I have used, when I indicated that I use very clean and natural products she basically disputed that, I showed what products I used and said fair points about even these clean ingredients can be irritating which is more than fair. Indicated that she was running behind (clearly no need to go into anything further! Only waiting for this appointment for over a year!) said to do a patch test and gave me a list of garbage to use in the interim and said that where I work she knows I am "INDOCTRINATED"! If she had even asked I would have explained I have used several of products she has recommended that make my skin even worse! I spoke to her resident after as I was seeing red I was so annoyed with this disappointing and frankly insulting visit. Resident was very helpful to say to use unscented or no fragrance products at all for patch test, very reasonable and rational for my concerns! Obviously everyone else here as desperate as I am to continue seeing this MD and if it wasn't for her resident I would have been even more disappointment. The receptionist and resident were very helpful so this is not a reflection on them

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Saw Dr Pratt today, and was totally scared off by all the bad reviews. I can say that I had a pretty good visit, but it was much different than I imagined. I was gearing up for an in-depth skin analysis/consultation, but I found that the appointment took only moments. The resident took my medical history and was asking me some excellent questions, but right as she was about to do the analysis of my skin, Dr Pratt entered, gave me a sheet with product suggestions (which are all quite good), complimented my knowledge of the treatment I was using, and was overall helpful, and very friendly, but really brisk , even though there was no one in her waiting room and her resident didn't seem done with the examination. She gave me a script and my requisition, but I can sympathize with others on this site who feel that their concerns were not taken seriously or adequately addressed. Overall it was a positive experience, but even if you are a busy physician, I cannot imagine what led her to hustle me out of her office so quickly!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

Hardly listened to a word I said, offered no options after wanting to get off meds that I was originally told was temporary only to be told that my eczema looks good, that the meds were permanent and that the eczema would probably return if I stopped it and that I would have to live with the debilitating side effects If I loved having nice hands. Not that she let me finish telling her what my side effect were. (horrible joint pain after minimal physical activities, suicidal thoughts, horrible daily headaches) Offered no options to treat without meds. I will have to figure it out on my own I guess.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

I am relieved to know she is not seeing patients anymore out at the Kemptville hospital. We are blessed with another dr. Thank god.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

More follow up would be appreciated. She is knowledgeable and smarth.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

Dr. Pratt was very very knowledgable. I was terrified after reading the reviews on here, but honestly it's her job to diagnose you, who cares if her assistant is the one who listens to all the skin issues etc, it's so that it can be broken down to skin issues and products that link allergies together to help Dr Pratt better assess the situation and decide which things to patch test you on. Dr Pratt will listen to anything you think she should know tell her she will listen after results are given, just let her do her job first. She saw all my eczema and after a year straight of full faced eczema that 4 dermatologists could not figure out, she diagnosed me with allergy to formaldehyde resin, sodium bisulphite and methylisothiazolinone. She even provided me with the research resources to find the best products to help my skin. I am now nearly a month since my appointment, with BEAUTIFUL 100% blemish free skin, something I didn't know if I'd ever see again and it's all thank to her. Go in with EVERY single thing thats touched your skin, and medications you've been on since the reaction occurred. She is amazing doctor, I could not recommend her more.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

Dr. Pratt was direct to the point and very knowledgeable. I was afraid after reading the reviews on here that she wouldn't listen to all my issues. She knows what information she needs and asks questions where she expects direct answers and not a long story. At the end of the appointment if there is anything you think she should know tell her she will listen. Just don't do it before she’s done her analysis. She saw all my eczema and had a lot of sympathy for me and told me it is her job to figure out what is causing all these reactions. This is the first time I've been to a specialist that gave me a lot of insight on what could be causing my reactions and explained it with big words that I now have to google. Make sure you go in there with as many products as you can that you use (including your dish soap and cleaners) you will be surprised the link between them and other products you may be using. The first appointment is to determine if your problem is Contact Allergy or Contact Irritation or if you have a genetic disorder such as Psoriasis. If you see her highlight the Contact Allergy then you will get patch testing done. Go in there with an open mind let her do her job. If what she prescribes you makes you worse or doesn't work don't give up. Report it back to the office and she will modify your plan. The office staff runs like a machine as there are a lot of patients in and out of there all day long. They might not answer the phone much during the day but call at 8am sharp and you will get someone.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

It is the first time I express criticism at a doctor. I do it in the hope of being constructive. I went to Dr Pratt for facial dermatitis. she hardly listened to me, offered no information as to what could possibly trigger the dermatitis in spite of tehfact that I use the same facial products day in day out, when I repeated the question, in a kind voice because I could see how edgy she was, she dismissed me saying she had tested me, found I was allergic to formaldehyde and couldn`t tell me me anything more. Her tone, made be understand that if I did not want to get really angry, I should just leave it at that. I came out frustrated that I had spent all these hours of testing, for nothing. My friustration grew when, at the pharmacy, I discovered she had goven me a prespition for body demartitis (wjhich I d not have) eye demrmatitis whoich I ocxcasionally have., but none for caial dermatitis wheih is what I sug-ffer form! I looking for her phone number I fell upon this page and saw other critisicims, all corresponfding to my impression. I dearly hope someone reads this and has a constructive conversation with DR Pratt: 1) if she no longer enjoys her work, she should quit, but being dismissive with patients is not an option and 2) the entirely believable story on this web page about her berating a patient for having refused an examination by a male medical student is a violation of the law.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017