Ratings for Dr. Melanie Pratt

Don’t bother going to see this “doctor”. After over a 1 1/2 year wait I was finally able to get a patch test done. She is rude, arrogant, and will not listen to anything you say, questions are ignored or given little thought. The staff will do most of the work with her showing up in the last 2 minutes to be condescending and rude. After asking if I get a rash from a specific chemical she found me to be allergic to, I responded no and proceeded to tell me that I should be getting an allergic reaction. What?? She never bothered to even look at what skin care products I was using or asked about previous allergic reactions. After nearly 2 years I am no closer to finding out what I am allergic to despite going to this “stellar dermatologist”. Don’t bother and go elsewhere!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2018

I am a par executive so my main role is people. The woman is the bottom of the heap for client engagement, rude, hard edges, always has a posses, don't go her I had better fr.om my gp

flag | Submitted June 11, 2018

This doctor is garbage. Got referred to her for itchy scalp. Her staffs had me done allergy testing. The result is I am "allergic" to lauryl sulfate, a foaming agent used in shampoo. Her diagnostic is garbage because 1) I use natural shampoo which doesn't have this chemical, and 2) she has never seen me or listen to my concern ( I deal directly with her staffs). In the end, she just fit me into a standard category - " you have this". Garbage. Turns out my scalp was just too dry, that is why it was itchy. Garbage doctor.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2018

1st visit I came out I swear wirh High blood pressure...was NOT impressed with her attitude!! 2nd visit went well and she was quite nice and patient..3rd visit went well too...i think she gets a bit excited and then seems Bitchy....she needs to be clearer on who she is talking to...resident or patient as it was confusing at times. Overall I was happy with her treatment and tests...Hope she learns to calm down and listen just a bit more...maybe less is more...hope she is right about what is causing my allergic contact dermatitis flare ups

flag | Submitted May 12, 2018

condescending, doesn't listen...doesn't know what is basic human knowledge...how she is a Dermatologist is beyond me...I learned more from my allergist and MD than from her. Lumps everything into skin care products instead of listening to patient and making her final opinion on what SHE thinks!! NOT impressed!!

flag | Submitted May 7, 2018

So pleased to see an app like this. Everyone I know that has been to Dr. Pratt goes once at best twice. Her superior attitude, unwillingness to have a conversation and doctor knows best arrogance is part of the problem. I went for a mole removal, she said i had acne (which i don't) and wanted to start me on a medicine that required monthy liver tests. I said, i didn't come her for acne and ih ave one pimple on my chin. I said why would i compromise my liver for a pimple. She got very upset that i thought i might compromise my liver, i said well clearly someone thinks this is the case otherwise there wouldn't be liver testing mandated when taking this drug you are suggesting. I will never go back. She insults you and tries to sell you epxensive drugs, meanwhile the job i went for, mole removal, was poorly executed and caused significant scarring, whereas i have had moles removed my entire life. Apparenlty she only makes $80 per mole removal or something, so not worth her time to do a careful job???? Save your time, your money and your patience, go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2018

Her claim to fame is strictly contact dermatitis. When questioning her for answers or how a med is metabolized (since I'm missing a liver enzyme) she is defensive and condescending. She is careless and doesn't write down what she prescribes no r enter it into the patient compute base.. When I corrected her in front of an intern for incorrectly citing my medication she called me a liar. When I took the vial out of my purse she cross checked the computer and replied 'silly me, I forgot to enter the correct med into your chart'. She never apologized for her mistake. .She over prescribed meds that didn't work including Thalidomide which caused a significant drug reaction. She refuses to consult other dermatologists as that would be an admission she doesn't know something and it would mar her so called,' stellar' reputation. Stay as far away from her as possible for her abusive nature is traumatizing and her lack of empathy and lack of knowledge is daunting. This doctor has serious issues and is full of herself. I now fly to Toronto to see Dr. Neil Shear, Head of Dermatology at the Sunnybrook Hospital.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2018

My first impression of Dr. Pratt was pretty good, she was personable and answered my questions. My second visit my impression of Dr. Pratt changed, I am slightly over weight which usually doesn't make me uncomfortable, she made comment when tearing the tape off my back that they usually don't put the patches in folds. My third visit which was this past Friday was terrible. I got my test results and I am allergic to a few certain things. Before she started to explain my results she said she hoped I was smart enough to understand what she was saying. She also suggested that I download the "Think Dirty" app I told her that I do not have a cell phone she looked at me like I was crazy, she asked why I didn't have a cell phone I told her I didn't one, then she said well that's no excuse. I thought I was going to able to ask questions about my test results every time I asked something she ignored my questions. She suggested a laundry detergent that I should use I asked if it was compatable with a high efficiency washing machine she respoded by raising her voice and saying she doesn't waste her time on those kinds of questions, she suggested that I should be the one who should know because I don't work I'm just a house wife. If I had of known that my experience with her was going to be so degrading I would have cancelled my appointment. The only bright side is I am allergic to certain enzymes and chemicals that are found in mostly everything and it those allergens that are causing my eczema.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2018

horrible doctor, shes in her own chaotic world. She offered me a drug plan for my atopic eczema after my patch test came out negative. $30,000 a year. She asked which insurance im with and said yeah GreatWest sucks. First of what kind of person offers a drug plan that cost $30,000 a year? At the beginning of the consultation she was cool. But after I said No to the drug plan. Her attitude changed. She basically said thank god I don't have to waste my time with this patient no more. On the way drive home, was thinking and thinking. She most likely wanted to make commission off of me from that drug plan. Waste of time doing this patch test. Disgusted by this doctor.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2018

Snowflakes...look for extreme competence in your specialists. look for friends elsewhere. Whole life of treating symptoms. Five minutes with Dr. Pratt we are now treating the disease. When Ottawa has only one dermo with her knowledge, don't cry about her abruptness, Call the MoH and ask for more specialists.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2018