You may also like

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

I wish I had read these reviews before visiting Dr. Pratt. Her ill-mannered behaviour wouldn't have been such a shock. No one with her attitude should have contact with patient care. She really is awful at it. We heard she was the best and we were really hopeful for her to help us out. We were on a 8 month wait list and were dismissed from her office within 8min. She decided not to do the test, prescribed tacrolimus, even though we mentioned the steroid creams being used worked. Why would a powerful medication be prescribed when the steroid cream worked? She had even made this argument when she talked about how much of an expert she was in the field. Anyhow, we wanted to have a patch tests to see to rule out any possible allergens so we could limit the use of steroid creams to handle eczema and occassional hive flare ups. Instead, she was condescending, short, arrogant with an additional recommendation that we "groom our child to become a white collared worker". She either needs to be replaced and do research or get an assistant to help with patient care. Although I am sure working for her likely would also be problematic.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

Very knowledgeable MD. Have seen her a few times for a couple of different issues. She is efficient, and to the point- but very helpful. I have never found her rude or dismissive. Would recommend her 100%. Friendly staff too.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2015

KDH screwed up my appointment I ended up with Dr.Pratt. There is no excuse for her behavior. She even giggled at her rude musings. My bad, I should have walked out the minute I knew it was her. Staff gets a2 star for putting up with her.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

Dr. Pratt did not once look at me when she spoke to me. She had her back turned and continued to pass documentation to the resident doctor that sat in on our appointment instead of me. So not only did she not look at me, but she was passing the information to the WRONG person in the room. Dr. Pratt took 10 seconds to look at my patch test results and tell me there were no irritants. Only 3 months earlier she wouldn't listen to me and swore it was contact dermatitis, hands down. Then, after the patch test completely reverses her answer. Says its genetic. Refers me to an allergist who will test a drug on me that costs $20,000/year. Cannot believe what a waste of time she was... Dr. Yang, the allergist, was a breath of fresh air. He was kind, helped me through the issues that I am experiencing and now I have an action plan that is giving me results. Save your time, ask for a different derm referral. I gave the same information to her receptionist. (Who is really sweet and kind)

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

Dr. Pratt's bedside manner is horrible and she did not listen after jumping to a diagnosis within the first five minutes of seeing me. She dismissed everything that I said and had the gall to tell me that my environmental sensitivities, which I have been living with for the past two years, are inside my head.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015

I saw Dr. Pratt a number of years ago she dismissed me and my issues and basically indicated that it was a mental issue ! I have MCS and have been formally diagnosed by another professional. I have been asked to see about getting patch testing and will certainly look elsewhere as I see by the comments she has not changed. Sad there is only one location in ottawa that can do this testing.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

I have been having issues with contact dermatitis since December 2014. Have seen 4 doctors and one eye specialist the conclusion was contact dermatitis due to a chemical I have been exposed to. I reviewed everything at home and at work that was introduced to my life 6 months prior to the out break. For instance a new foam mattress: slept in spare room for 2 weeks. It seemed to be worse at work and it got to a point were my family Dr wrote a note to excuse me from work until my condition improved. After waiting 2 months to see Dr M.Pratt I was excited to hopefully find out what the cause was. Even better they had a cancellation so they were able to do the tests same day. Test took a week. She started off by accusing me of having an agenda because I have narrowed it down to something at work. She looked at approximately 80 test spots on my back picked one spot and said "A Ha" literally the Sherlock Holmes of the medical profession. She requested the name of my shampoo and started to surmise how the dermatitis is caused by Methylchloroisothiazolinone a preservative in a shampoo that I have been using for over a year without incedent. Also I was off work for 2 weeks while the dermatitis cleared up and another 2 weeks because I had developed a sensitivity to artificial light. OH and guess which shampoo I was using during this time...you guessed it the very one that was supposed to the cause of my dermatitis. On the first day she was very thorough and she knew all of my symptoms shortness of breath, sensitive to light and the dermatitis. In the end she only addressed the dermatitis and incorrectly. I have been working in a modified work space so that I am not exposed to the main area in the office. After the results of Dr Pratt diagnosis my only choice was to change my shampoo and re-expose myself the air at work after 2 days my dermatitis is back and I will be reporting this to the doctors who are monitoring my situation. I am presently looking for a test that can determine chemical reaction as opposed to an allergic reaction but you would think a professional with 30 years experience would be able to recognize this. I have been having issues with contact dermatitis since December 2014. Have seen 4 doctors and one eye specialist the conclusion was contact dermatitis due to a chemical I have been exposed to. I reviewed everything at home and at work that was introduced to my life 6 months prior to the out break. For instance a new foam mattress: slept in spare room for 2 weeks. It seemed to be worse at work and it got to a point were my family Dr wrote a note to excuse me from work until my condition improved. After waiting 2 months to see Dr M.Pratt I was excited to hopefully find out what the cause was. Even better they had a cancellation so they were able to do the tests same day. Test took a week. She started off by accusing me of having an agenda because I have narrowed it down to something at work. She looked at approximately 80 test spots on my back picked one spot and said "A Ha" literally the Sherlock Holmes of the medical profession. She requested the name of my shampoo and started to surmise how the dermatitis is caused by Methylchloroisothiazolinone a preservative in a shampoo that I have been using for over a year without incedent. Also I was off work for 2 weeks while the dermatitis cleared up and another 2 weeks because I had developed a sensitivity to artificial light. OH and guess which shampoo I was using during this time...you guessed it the very one that was supposed to the cause of my dermatitis. On the first day she was very thorough and she knew all of my symptoms shortness of breath, sensitive to light and the dermatitis. In the end she only addressed the dermatitis and incorrectly. I have been working in a modified work space so that I am not exposed to the main area in the office. After the results of Dr Pratt diagnosis my only choice was to change my shampoo and re-expose myself the air at work after 2 days my dermatitis is back and I will be reporting this to the doctors who are monitoring my situation. I am presently looking for a test that can determine chemical reaction as opposed to an allergic reaction but you would think a professional with 30 years experience would be able to recognize this.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

I have had a horrible experience with this doctor who caused me major surgery but I am not going to print all about it on here. There are so many negative comments on here which speaks volumes about this doctor and gives weight to my opinion. Truth be told writing to the college of physicians is the route I need to go using this site as reference. I am sorry to know that many people were mistreated by this physician; but I thank all of you for sharing your bad experiences.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2015

Dr. Melanie Pratt's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr, Pratt has been uniformly kind, attentive and generous over the more than ten years I have been seeing her."

January 22, 2016
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I wish I had read these reviews before visiting Dr. Pratt. Her ill-mannered behaviour wouldn't have been such a shock. No one with her attitude should have cont..."

December 29, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Very knowledgeable MD. Have seen her a few times for a couple of different issues. She is efficient, and to the point- but very helpful. I have never found he..."

December 16, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "KDH screwed up my appointment I ended up with Dr.Pratt. There is no excuse for her behavior. She even giggled at her rude musings. My bad, I should have walked ..."

November 10, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Pratt did not once look at me when she spoke to me. She had her back turned and continued to pass documentation to the resident doctor that sat in on our ap..."

October 20, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Pratt's bedside manner is horrible and she did not listen after jumping to a diagnosis within the first five minutes of seeing me. She dismissed everything ..."

September 2, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "What is the point of commenting as nothing will be done about her. She must have trained under Dr. Mengele."

August 19, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Hi Dr. Pratt, It's Angela Richer. I understand that I have to go through a doctor to apply for the trillim drug plan, so I was wondering if you can help me to g..."

June 24, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "K1A9" to "K1Y 4G5". Address has been updated from "None" to "1105 Carling Avenue". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "16137282711".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Pratt a number of years ago she dismissed me and my issues and basically indicated that it was a mental issue ! I have MCS and have been formally diag..."

April 21, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. " I have been having issues with contact dermatitis since December 2014. Have seen 4 doctors and one eye specialist the conclusion was contact dermatitis..."

March 11, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I have had a horrible experience with this doctor who caused me major surgery but I am not going to print all about it on here. There are so many negative comm..."

February 28, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Worse doctor I have ever seen. She was rude and dismissive and this was even before I opened my mouth to speak. At the time my doctor had booked the appointme..."

February 26, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Very disappointed in Dr. Pratt. She is extremely rude to both patients and her staff and has no interest in truly helping people. Whenever I had something to sa..."

February 10, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I found Dr. Pratt very knowledgeable and professional. Her approach is systematic and well defined, which resulted in clearly identifying my problem. Finally ..."

January 13, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr Pratt for dry skin condition, that I am a swimmer and 77 years old. She asked for AIDS test for me. I did not at think at the time it was the AIDS test..."

December 16, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I have skin conditions well documented. Slandered my name and medical file wanted to have me seen by other dermatologists who treated skin conditions of psychi..."

December 3, 2014
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Melanie Pratt is the worst dermatologist I have ever been to in my life. Her bedside manner is horrendous. She has no time for patients (and I don't need ..."

November 8, 2014
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "I've also been through patch testing with Dr. Pratt's staff (they are wonderful), ending with a consult from Dr. Pratt (our first meeting). I am not normally o..."

November 4, 2014