Ratings for Dr. Melanie Pratt

My experience with Dr Pratt was terrible. She doesn't take the time to properly explain the full procedure of the examination to come and I waited 6 months for a 5 min appointment.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

It is really annoying that I can't ever get in touch with anyone at her office. I have to listen to a lot of irrelevant information before I can even leave a message. My time is important too.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

Dr, Pratt has been uniformly kind, attentive and generous over the more than ten years I have been seeing her.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

I wish I had read these reviews before visiting Dr. Pratt. Her ill-mannered behaviour wouldn't have been such a shock. No one with her attitude should have contact with patient care. She really is awful at it. We heard she was the best and we were really hopeful for her to help us out. We were on a 8 month wait list and were dismissed from her office within 8min. She decided not to do the test, prescribed tacrolimus, even though we mentioned the steroid creams being used worked. Why would a powerful medication be prescribed when the steroid cream worked? She had even made this argument when she talked about how much of an expert she was in the field. Anyhow, we wanted to have a patch tests to see to rule out any possible allergens so we could limit the use of steroid creams to handle eczema and occassional hive flare ups. Instead, she was condescending, short, arrogant with an additional recommendation that we "groom our child to become a white collared worker". She either needs to be replaced and do research or get an assistant to help with patient care. Although I am sure working for her likely would also be problematic.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

Very knowledgeable MD. Have seen her a few times for a couple of different issues. She is efficient, and to the point- but very helpful. I have never found her rude or dismissive. Would recommend her 100%. Friendly staff too.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2015

KDH screwed up my appointment I ended up with Dr.Pratt. There is no excuse for her behavior. She even giggled at her rude musings. My bad, I should have walked out the minute I knew it was her. Staff gets a2 star for putting up with her.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

Dr. Pratt did not once look at me when she spoke to me. She had her back turned and continued to pass documentation to the resident doctor that sat in on our appointment instead of me. So not only did she not look at me, but she was passing the information to the WRONG person in the room. Dr. Pratt took 10 seconds to look at my patch test results and tell me there were no irritants. Only 3 months earlier she wouldn't listen to me and swore it was contact dermatitis, hands down. Then, after the patch test completely reverses her answer. Says its genetic. Refers me to an allergist who will test a drug on me that costs $20,000/year. Cannot believe what a waste of time she was... Dr. Yang, the allergist, was a breath of fresh air. He was kind, helped me through the issues that I am experiencing and now I have an action plan that is giving me results. Save your time, ask for a different derm referral. I gave the same information to her receptionist. (Who is really sweet and kind)

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

Dr. Pratt's bedside manner is horrible and she did not listen after jumping to a diagnosis within the first five minutes of seeing me. She dismissed everything that I said and had the gall to tell me that my environmental sensitivities, which I have been living with for the past two years, are inside my head.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015

What is the point of commenting as nothing will be done about her. She must have trained under Dr. Mengele.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015

I saw Dr. Pratt a number of years ago she dismissed me and my issues and basically indicated that it was a mental issue ! I have MCS and have been formally diagnosed by another professional. I have been asked to see about getting patch testing and will certainly look elsewhere as I see by the comments she has not changed. Sad there is only one location in ottawa that can do this testing.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015