Ratings for Dr. Blair Mehling

Nothing but impressed. If your fortunate enough to work with Blair and his team, your in the best of hands.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

I am so grateful to Dr. Mehling & his extreme competency in everything that he does. The compassion that he feels toward his patients & his desire to give each one the best result possible. If only every Dr or surgeon performed their job with the same dedication & passion. I genuinely believe that if Dr. Mehling will not agree to take someone on as a patient, that it is a decision made because he wants to provide the absolute best result possible, both in terms of aesthetics & chances of complications. The compassion I have been shown and how accommodating he has been has been amazing! I am so lucky that I was referred to such a competent & caring surgeon. Every single person that I have encountered in his office is top notch quality, especially Stacey. This woman is literally an angel & I am so thankful that Dr. Mehling has such a competent & caring individual to take care of all the details. If you are lucky enough to be referred to this surgeon, rest easy because you are in good hands.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

Fabulous Dr. and staff. So welcoming and friendly. Had a procedure done with him and he was so excellent. Chatted all the way through. Made me feel very comfortable

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

I have had my tummy tuck and a breast augmentaction done from Dr. Mehling. Both over 13 years ago. In fact I've let girls take pictures to this day and they still look great. Yes Dr. Mehling, the ladies love what you did for me and I keep sending them to you!

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

My experience with Dr. Blair Mehling was nothing short of disgusting. I have never been spoken to like that by any one, let alone a professional. I saw Dr Mehling in consult for breast augmentation. He made me feel stupid and like he was testing my knowledge. He didn't help me or make suggestions at all. He made condescending remarks and judged every single one of my answers to his questions. He even laughed when I told him what size breast I had in mind. He made me so uncomfortable that when he asked me if he could take my measurements I said "no that will be all for me today" and he said "ya thats a good call, I got bad vibes from the start". I was APPALLED. Who do you think you are to say that to any one, let alone a patient ?? As he left me with some "food for thought" about what it was he thought I wanted, that put the cherry on the cake for my visit and showed he really had no idea what I wanted. People go for consultations to ask questions. Not to be quizzed about what we want and what research we've done and talked down to. I work in the medical industry and even do consultations myself and I would NEVER treat a patient or a human the way I was treated today ing Dr Mehling's office. At least one good thing came of my consultation. I will NOT be choosing him as my surgeon.

Submitted February 3, 2017

Further the previous post, I am very surprised that this was your experience with Dr. Mehling. I myself was diagnosed a few years ago and feel fortunate every day when I look in the mirror that I was referred to his office. First off, it isn't your plastic surgeon who decides whether to remove a breast, it is the role of the general surgeon and second to that in my initial 1 1/2 hour consultation I was provided an incredibly in-depth discussion of the options available to me. I can definitely appreciate that under stress, retention can be minimal - but at the end of our visit I was asked if I had any questions and told that once I went home and had some time to digest the information that I could see him again prior to the surgery. I did have a few questions, and his staff were quick to follow up with his response and offered to book another appointment, but there was not need for that. He and I chatted again the day prior to my surgery while he was doing his drawings on my chest and it was another affirmation that I knew I was in the best of hands. I attended BRA Day last year about this time and one of the speakers made a comment that she was in the business of making sisters, not twins. Given that you have had two surgeries and you comment that he did good work, but you were bigger than you wanted with some asymmetry I just feel that you may have lost some perspective. It is just awful that you have had to endure this not once, but twice is indeed a tragedy - but the fact you, like me were able to have the opportunity to wake up with a breast is something of a positive. There are so many amazing women I have met over the past couple of years that endured significant loss and had to wait years to have their reconstruction after their mastectomy/ies I count myself as one of the lucky ones. He and his office manager Stacy were patient, kind and compassionate. Even after the last appointment following my tattoo, I was told that I could call at anytime. I panicked a little as I walked out the door as these two have been a part of my life during the worst of times and it was like I was saying good bye to close friends. Rather than wait to another surgeon regarding a revision, why don't you call the office? Yes, I know smoking will be an issue as it was for a girlfriend of mine who was denied surgery because of it down in Calgary - but given that it has been a few years, perhaps touching base would be a good thing for you. Just a thought. I didn't intend to go on and on. I was just going to right a positive on my family doctor and thought I would check Dr. M out and was saddened to see that not everyone feels the way I do. I am blessed because I am here on this earth as a daughter, mother, wife and friend.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2016

10 years ago I was diagnosed with breast cancer in my right breast. I told Mehling I wanted to have both breasts removed so I didn't have to worry about it recurring in my left. He said no we won't fix it if it isn't broke. This should have been my personal decision to have both removed. Low and behold 6 months after my first mastectomy it was in my left breast. When I initially met with mehling I told him when he reconstructs my breasts I want to be a lot smaller than what I am. He said I can make you any size that you want. I told him a handful that is all like a size 34B. I had big breasts and wanted to be smaller. To make a long story short I am now on a waiting list to get a reduction through Alberta health care. I have gained about 10 pounds or so in the last 10 years and my breasts have gotten even bigger. I am a barber and when I have my arms up to do a haircut it is uncomfortable. In one of the many apps. I had with him he asked me after the surgery what I thought. I said you do very good work but you made me way bigger than I wanted. I reminded him he said he could make me any size I wanted. He looked at me with my tears running off my face and said I don't remember that. He showed no compassion. He always put me down because I was a smoker. He told me nothing about the surgery before he did it and very little after. I felt like number 2355 to him. Now I am on a waiting list for reduction or complete removal. Can't wait to feel comfortable again. One is bigger than the other so my shirts and dresses fit very awkward. Good luck to any woman who deals with him who has breast cancer. Kelly Dabbs saved my experience! She is the one who removed the cancer from my breasts. AMAZING WOMAN!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

Dr Mehling and his staff have been a pleasure to work with. The clinic is run smoothly and always on time. Dr Mehling and Stacy always took the time to make me feel comfortable and answered all my questions. My surgeries have been fast, efficient and the results amazing. Thank you!

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

Dr Mehling was very professional and always made me feel I was going to see a friend that helped me through a difficult time.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2016

Just over 2 years ago I made the decision to have BA surgery. After lots of research I choose to meet with Dr. Mehling. I was so scared about what I was about to do however Dr. Mehling and his staff (Stacey is amazing!!!!) made the whole process so comfortable and they took as much time as I needed to feel comfortable with the decision I was making. No pressure or rushing me at all! The surgery was great and within a couple days I was back on my feet and within a week I was back to the gym doing only light cardio. The finished product is so natural looking I never get asked if I have had a BA (...this was always my biggest fear). I have several friends who are now choosing to use Dr Mehling because my experience was so good. Definitely worth every penny and getting a good doctor!

flag | Submitted November 29, 2015