Ratings for Dr. Blair Mehling

Further the previous post, I am very surprised that this was your experience with Dr. Mehling. I myself was diagnosed a few years ago and feel fortunate every day when I look in the mirror that I was referred to his office. First off, it isn't your plastic surgeon who decides whether to remove a breast, it is the role of the general surgeon and second to that in my initial 1 1/2 hour consultation I was provided an incredibly in-depth discussion of the options available to me. I can definitely appreciate that under stress, retention can be minimal - but at the end of our visit I was asked if I had any questions and told that once I went home and had some time to digest the information that I could see him again prior to the surgery. I did have a few questions, and his staff were quick to follow up with his response and offered to book another appointment, but there was not need for that. He and I chatted again the day prior to my surgery while he was doing his drawings on my chest and it was another affirmation that I knew I was in the best of hands. I attended BRA Day last year about this time and one of the speakers made a comment that she was in the business of making sisters, not twins. Given that you have had two surgeries and you comment that he did good work, but you were bigger than you wanted with some asymmetry I just feel that you may have lost some perspective. It is just awful that you have had to endure this not once, but twice is indeed a tragedy - but the fact you, like me were able to have the opportunity to wake up with a breast is something of a positive. There are so many amazing women I have met over the past couple of years that endured significant loss and had to wait years to have their reconstruction after their mastectomy/ies I count myself as one of the lucky ones. He and his office manager Stacy were patient, kind and compassionate. Even after the last appointment following my tattoo, I was told that I could call at anytime. I panicked a little as I walked out the door as these two have been a part of my life during the worst of times and it was like I was saying good bye to close friends. Rather than wait to another surgeon regarding a revision, why don't you call the office? Yes, I know smoking will be an issue as it was for a girlfriend of mine who was denied surgery because of it down in Calgary - but given that it has been a few years, perhaps touching base would be a good thing for you. Just a thought. I didn't intend to go on and on. I was just going to right a positive on my family doctor and thought I would check Dr. M out and was saddened to see that not everyone feels the way I do. I am blessed because I am here on this earth as a daughter, mother, wife and friend.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2016

10 years ago I was diagnosed with breast cancer in my right breast. I told Mehling I wanted to have both breasts removed so I didn't have to worry about it recurring in my left. He said no we won't fix it if it isn't broke. This should have been my personal decision to have both removed. Low and behold 6 months after my first mastectomy it was in my left breast. When I initially met with mehling I told him when he reconstructs my breasts I want to be a lot smaller than what I am. He said I can make you any size that you want. I told him a handful that is all like a size 34B. I had big breasts and wanted to be smaller. To make a long story short I am now on a waiting list to get a reduction through Alberta health care. I have gained about 10 pounds or so in the last 10 years and my breasts have gotten even bigger. I am a barber and when I have my arms up to do a haircut it is uncomfortable. In one of the many apps. I had with him he asked me after the surgery what I thought. I said you do very good work but you made me way bigger than I wanted. I reminded him he said he could make me any size I wanted. He looked at me with my tears running off my face and said I don't remember that. He showed no compassion. He always put me down because I was a smoker. He told me nothing about the surgery before he did it and very little after. I felt like number 2355 to him. Now I am on a waiting list for reduction or complete removal. Can't wait to feel comfortable again. One is bigger than the other so my shirts and dresses fit very awkward. Good luck to any woman who deals with him who has breast cancer. Kelly Dabbs saved my experience! She is the one who removed the cancer from my breasts. AMAZING WOMAN!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

Dr Mehling and his staff have been a pleasure to work with. The clinic is run smoothly and always on time. Dr Mehling and Stacy always took the time to make me feel comfortable and answered all my questions. My surgeries have been fast, efficient and the results amazing. Thank you!

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

Dr Mehling was very professional and always made me feel I was going to see a friend that helped me through a difficult time.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2016

Just over 2 years ago I made the decision to have BA surgery. After lots of research I choose to meet with Dr. Mehling. I was so scared about what I was about to do however Dr. Mehling and his staff (Stacey is amazing!!!!) made the whole process so comfortable and they took as much time as I needed to feel comfortable with the decision I was making. No pressure or rushing me at all! The surgery was great and within a couple days I was back on my feet and within a week I was back to the gym doing only light cardio. The finished product is so natural looking I never get asked if I have had a BA (...this was always my biggest fear). I have several friends who are now choosing to use Dr Mehling because my experience was so good. Definitely worth every penny and getting a good doctor!

flag | Submitted November 29, 2015

Dr Mehling was amazing and so was his staff, especially Stacy!! Dr Mehling was very informative and is always willing to have you come in for any questions or concerns. I would recommend him to anyone an have actually recommended him to six people since, one has already gotten hers done with him, and two are booked for this year. Referral discount?? Haha jk.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

Dr. Mehling and his entire staff are AMAZING!! I had been considering a BA for 7yrs and finally decided to go ahead with surgery last spring. I was referred to Dr. Mehling by a very close friend of mine who raved about him and his staff. She could not have been more correct. From the initial phone call right through to my post-op appointments, my experience was top notch. Everyone was helpful, friendly, respectful and knowledgable. I had two VERY lengthy consultation appointments with Dr. Mehling before surgery. He answered all my questions, addressed any concerns I had, and was upfront and honest about all aspects of the Breast Augmentation. I knew after my first appointment that Dr.Mehling was the surgeon I wanted for my surgery. My results are beyond amazing. He gave me exactly what I wanted and exceeded my expectations. I had zero complications with my surgery and post-op care was excellent. Not only is he an amazing surgeon but he is very friendly, patient and kind. The surgical facility he uses is wonderful with an amazing surgical team. Stacy, the Surgical Co-ordinator, was very helpful, honest and kind. Everyone at this office treats you like family. If only I could experience this type of customer service more often.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2015

From my first consultation all the way to my post op appointments, I am far more than impressed with Dr. Mehling and his assistant Stacy. Dr Mehling was so thorough in my consultations, that no questions went unanswered and I had so much confidence in my decisions about surgery. Dr Mehling is kind, confident, and knowledgeable. You feel like you are receiving top notch information and treatment. Even better than Dr Mehlings patient care and cocern, is the end surgical results. I had a BA as well as a tummy tuck and I LOVE the results. Could not be happier. I am 6 weeks out now, and can still call the office at any time with questions or concerns and I am still treated like Dr Mehling's most important patient! So impressed, was a referal from 3 other patients and would recommend him to anyone and everyone.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

Dr.Mehling is such an amazing Dr and made me feel so comfortable during all my appointments. I was very nervous about having breast implants done but he explained every step that would be done and how I would feel later. His assistant was also very helpful. I am very happy with my results. I have had my breast implants for 2 1/2 years now and am so much more confident. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2015

Dr. Mehling was a wonderful plastic surgeon. His appointments were never rushed and his staff were super friendly. He took the time to answer every one of my silly questions and concerns. He was very kind, professional and knowledgeable about the implants that i was getting, i never looked for another doctor after seeing him! So happy with the consults (2), operation and the aftercare that i got!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015