Ratings for Dr. Blair Mehling

I decided to go for a consult with doctor Mehling for BA after seeing his work on a friend of mine. I was so impressed with the natural look of her new breasts after her surgery ,which changed my impression that all implants looked fake and overengorged. I had gone from a C cup to an A cup after the birth of my daughters, and I remained that size for 25 years without ever contemplating this procedure. My consult with dr. Mehling was the best decision I have ever made. He was so knowledgeable and informative of the many types of implants and the asthetic look of each. He assured me that his goal always is a natural one and that he would direct me in the size and type of implant that would be best for that result. He spent an hour and a half with me explaining the entire procedure,taking thorough measurements ,and helping me come to a decision . I left his office that day feeling so confidant in this surgeon and knowing I was in the best hands possible. Stacey was amazing, friendly, informative and very reassuring, leading up to and post surgery. My entire experience with Dr. Mehling and his staff was excellent. My post surgery results were and still are the best thing I have ever done for myself! My 20 year old breasts are back and I feel normal and properly proportioned once again. I can’t say enough about the professionalism and the care that I received from this dr and all of his staff. I would, and have, recommended Dr. Mehling to any family or friends thinking of this procedure, he is truly outstanding!

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

Ten years out and I am still super impressed with my BA! I look so natural no one even knows I had it done which is EXACTLY what I asked for. All this time and Stacey remembered me - it was like talking to a long lost friend. I had called to check to see if I needed to be seen again as I was at my anniversary and was asked if I had any concerns so they could allow for a bit more time and I was like, 'no way - still love them!'. Highly recommend Dr. Mehling. From start to finish it was a great experience and a decade out, not one regret!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

While he may be gifted at reconstruction; he does not care about his cosmetic patients at all. Does not stand by work. Helpful when accepting payment. Afterwards, not so much. Essentially, he takes credit for his good work and blames his patients when he doesn't do a good job. He completely ruined my breasts. I went in for a cosmetic BA and have been ashamed of them for the past ten years. He's been paid over $18,000 by me and Alberta health care and he destroyed my once cute boobs. Zero accountability.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

Nothing but impressed. If your fortunate enough to work with Blair and his team, your in the best of hands.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

I am so grateful to Dr. Mehling & his extreme competency in everything that he does. The compassion that he feels toward his patients & his desire to give each one the best result possible. If only every Dr or surgeon performed their job with the same dedication & passion. I genuinely believe that if Dr. Mehling will not agree to take someone on as a patient, that it is a decision made because he wants to provide the absolute best result possible, both in terms of aesthetics & chances of complications. The compassion I have been shown and how accommodating he has been has been amazing! I am so lucky that I was referred to such a competent & caring surgeon. Every single person that I have encountered in his office is top notch quality, especially Stacey. This woman is literally an angel & I am so thankful that Dr. Mehling has such a competent & caring individual to take care of all the details. If you are lucky enough to be referred to this surgeon, rest easy because you are in good hands.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

Fabulous Dr. and staff. So welcoming and friendly. Had a procedure done with him and he was so excellent. Chatted all the way through. Made me feel very comfortable

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

I have had my tummy tuck and a breast augmentaction done from Dr. Mehling. Both over 13 years ago. In fact I've let girls take pictures to this day and they still look great. Yes Dr. Mehling, the ladies love what you did for me and I keep sending them to you!

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

My experience with Dr. Blair Mehling was nothing short of disgusting. I have never been spoken to like that by any one, let alone a professional. I saw Dr Mehling in consult for breast augmentation. He made me feel stupid and like he was testing my knowledge. He didn't help me or make suggestions at all. He made condescending remarks and judged every single one of my answers to his questions. He even laughed when I told him what size breast I had in mind. He made me so uncomfortable that when he asked me if he could take my measurements I said "no that will be all for me today" and he said "ya thats a good call, I got bad vibes from the start". I was APPALLED. Who do you think you are to say that to any one, let alone a patient ?? As he left me with some "food for thought" about what it was he thought I wanted, that put the cherry on the cake for my visit and showed he really had no idea what I wanted. People go for consultations to ask questions. Not to be quizzed about what we want and what research we've done and talked down to. I work in the medical industry and even do consultations myself and I would NEVER treat a patient or a human the way I was treated today ing Dr Mehling's office. At least one good thing came of my consultation. I will NOT be choosing him as my surgeon.

Submitted February 3, 2017

Further the previous post, I am very surprised that this was your experience with Dr. Mehling. I myself was diagnosed a few years ago and feel fortunate every day when I look in the mirror that I was referred to his office. First off, it isn't your plastic surgeon who decides whether to remove a breast, it is the role of the general surgeon and second to that in my initial 1 1/2 hour consultation I was provided an incredibly in-depth discussion of the options available to me. I can definitely appreciate that under stress, retention can be minimal - but at the end of our visit I was asked if I had any questions and told that once I went home and had some time to digest the information that I could see him again prior to the surgery. I did have a few questions, and his staff were quick to follow up with his response and offered to book another appointment, but there was not need for that. He and I chatted again the day prior to my surgery while he was doing his drawings on my chest and it was another affirmation that I knew I was in the best of hands. I attended BRA Day last year about this time and one of the speakers made a comment that she was in the business of making sisters, not twins. Given that you have had two surgeries and you comment that he did good work, but you were bigger than you wanted with some asymmetry I just feel that you may have lost some perspective. It is just awful that you have had to endure this not once, but twice is indeed a tragedy - but the fact you, like me were able to have the opportunity to wake up with a breast is something of a positive. There are so many amazing women I have met over the past couple of years that endured significant loss and had to wait years to have their reconstruction after their mastectomy/ies I count myself as one of the lucky ones. He and his office manager Stacy were patient, kind and compassionate. Even after the last appointment following my tattoo, I was told that I could call at anytime. I panicked a little as I walked out the door as these two have been a part of my life during the worst of times and it was like I was saying good bye to close friends. Rather than wait to another surgeon regarding a revision, why don't you call the office? Yes, I know smoking will be an issue as it was for a girlfriend of mine who was denied surgery because of it down in Calgary - but given that it has been a few years, perhaps touching base would be a good thing for you. Just a thought. I didn't intend to go on and on. I was just going to right a positive on my family doctor and thought I would check Dr. M out and was saddened to see that not everyone feels the way I do. I am blessed because I am here on this earth as a daughter, mother, wife and friend.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2016

10 years ago I was diagnosed with breast cancer in my right breast. I told Mehling I wanted to have both breasts removed so I didn't have to worry about it recurring in my left. He said no we won't fix it if it isn't broke. This should have been my personal decision to have both removed. Low and behold 6 months after my first mastectomy it was in my left breast. When I initially met with mehling I told him when he reconstructs my breasts I want to be a lot smaller than what I am. He said I can make you any size that you want. I told him a handful that is all like a size 34B. I had big breasts and wanted to be smaller. To make a long story short I am now on a waiting list to get a reduction through Alberta health care. I have gained about 10 pounds or so in the last 10 years and my breasts have gotten even bigger. I am a barber and when I have my arms up to do a haircut it is uncomfortable. In one of the many apps. I had with him he asked me after the surgery what I thought. I said you do very good work but you made me way bigger than I wanted. I reminded him he said he could make me any size I wanted. He looked at me with my tears running off my face and said I don't remember that. He showed no compassion. He always put me down because I was a smoker. He told me nothing about the surgery before he did it and very little after. I felt like number 2355 to him. Now I am on a waiting list for reduction or complete removal. Can't wait to feel comfortable again. One is bigger than the other so my shirts and dresses fit very awkward. Good luck to any woman who deals with him who has breast cancer. Kelly Dabbs saved my experience! She is the one who removed the cancer from my breasts. AMAZING WOMAN!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016