Ratings for Dr. Larry Fishman

I went to Dr. Fishman after my primary care doctor had X-rays and an MRI ordered and felt I needed surgery. I was very pleased with the promptness of scheduling my surgery for an ACDF. I came back to his office for my 2 week post op feeling glad the surgery was over and feeling happy to be "on the road" to being pain free. They had me fill out a questionnaire and review "before" Dr Fishman saw me. Of course being pleased up to that point, I was more than willing to, and gave great remarks. This was April of 2015. Almost a year later I am having issues that are very similar to what I had prior to surgery. My primary care doctor is worried and said I should contact Dr. Fishman. This is why I am writing this. I do not want to contact him. He had X-rays done at a little over 1 week of my surgery. The day I went in for my post op "after writing a great review" he came in the room, sat in a chair across from me with his arms folded, said my X-rays looked fine and pretty much dismissed me. Did not get up to look at my incision or anything. No real instructions, no more follow ups....nothing. 2weeks post op from surgery on my neck! So I will be getting my records and find a doctor that maybe cares to follow up on why I am having pain, numbness, headaches etc. again. Thank goodness I have an amazing, caring primary are doctor.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

Dr. Larry Fishman's response
Thank you for sharing your experience. I apologize if you feel that you did not receive sufficient attention following your surgery. I'd be glad to discuss your concerns further. Unfortunately, I am unable to identify you by your comments. As such, I invite you to contact my office at your convenience. I would like to note that I provide my patients with detailed post-surgical instructions and attend to their individual after-care needs. That said, when a patient achieves the expected surgical outcomes - and if their x-rays confirm - I release the patient from my care: this is the best possible result. If patients experience a setback, or have concerns, they are always encouraged to come back for an evaluation. It is also important to point out that most surgical specialists do not track patients long-term. You were right to present your concerns to your primary care physician - whose role it is to identify medical concerns through routine exams, and recommend specialists when/if needed. If your symptoms are returning, I would strongly encourage you to seek out consultation with another surgical specialist (if you are not inclined to come back to my practice). Whatever you decide, I wish you the best!

Submitted April 14, 2016

VERY ARROGANT! I have never in my life experienced such a horrible, uncaring doctor.

Submitted August 11, 2015

Dr. Larry Fishman's response
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Our primary objective is to offer exceptional healthcare, nonetheless, providing an excellent patient experience is a goal we take seriously. Dr. Fishman is known to be straightforward in his approach with patients. Typically, our patients appreciate Dr. Fishman’s forthright nature - we’re sorry if you mistook his candor for arrogance. Please feel free to contact our office at your earliest convenience, we would appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns directly.

Submitted September 2, 2015

DR. Fishman did a discectomy Oct 5th.2012. I still have some bearable pain in the morning, but I am well. Dr. Fishman was great. I have had 5 follow-up appointments since surgery and each time I felt like I was his only patient.----in fact, I will miss him. He was always up-front and honest with me. I could ask him anything and I got an answer.---Maybe not a solution, but an answer. I think he is a great surgeon and a special humanitarian. I would highly recommend him. yks1@aol.com

flag | Submitted December 19, 2012

This dr,did my low back surgery, back in 1991 if i ever have to do it again he will be the one i will choose to do it...

flag | Submitted June 14, 2012

Dr. Fishman did an inpatient consult on my husband. Everyone felt after reviewing his MRI's that the problem was with his back. Thanks to Dr. Fishman a bone scan was ordered and it was discovered that he has bone cancer. He is extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Love his personality (straight to the point). Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2012

Fantastic surgeon. Fully discussed medical situation and his recommendation but was very clear that the decision to have surgery was up to the patient. No pressure. Willingness to answer all questions and concerns.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

I have been reading Larry's reviews and to me, his bed side manner was not the best. However, if you find a surgeon with a good one, RUN! Larry is in it to make himself look good, so if he does a botched job, he looks bad and he is not going to let that happen. Trust me, I had a 10% chance of coming out of this better than going into it and he found that 10%. I am not without pain, but I knew that going into it. And NO, I am not a fried of his, just think he needs his props where they are due! Look at him, he is all about "ME", so I knew he was the Surgeon I wanted! Understand, stuff happens and the providers cannot be the blame for everything. Remember, "Practice Medicine", keep that in mind!

flag | Submitted May 17, 2010

This doctor happened to be at Brandon Hospital when my mother needed to have a shunt placed in. He told us that if we didn't put a shunt right away she could die. We didn't have time to read about or get another opinion. On top of all this, he made us sign a gag contract to we can't sue him. I just discovered he belongs to the Hall of Shame for doctors who who make their patients sign gag contracts. He has absolutely no manners, no compassion and no tolerance for anyone's ignorance. He did not speak to us before or after the surgery. They way he treated our mother brought tears to our eyes. We are in the process of looking for another doctor. He is the worst!!!!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2010

I am so amazed that Dr Fishman if he can call himself a doctor had anything good to say about this man. I had surgery about 2 years ago. I felt abandoned by this man who after doing a botched job had the audacity to ask me what else I want him to do while I was suffering in pain after surgery. He was no ware to be found and finally came by to see me after surgery after being call numerous times to stop by the hospital. It took him 3 days to get there. He is arrogant, Rude and clueless. I finally found a Dr that is willing to correct Mr. Fishmans botched job. The Dr Office I visited today was very much aware of him and has corrected many surgeries that Mr. Fishman performed. If I could scream from the mountain top to tell everyone to stay away from this man. He needs to loose his license

flag | Submitted August 26, 2009

Dr. Fishman did two discectomies on me about 15 years apart and did wonders for me both times. The first time was a quick recovery. Second time on same site was more difficult due to scar tissue from first. (This is true on any type of surgery.) Because of this, I had lingering weakness. He prescribed physical therapy which I faithfully do every day, and most of my strength has returned. He is knowledgeable and spent time to answer all my questions.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2009

Dr. Larry Fishman's Credentials

• Univ Auto De Guadalajara, Fac De Med, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico (Grad. 1979)

Multiplan