Ratings for Dr. Ryan Sloan

Dr Sloan promised my mother many times she was free of cancer. He ignored he constant complaints of pain and nausea and her rapid weight loss. It wasn’t until she begged for further testing that stage four pancreatic cancer was found. His secretary called me as my mother was on a bus trip and couldn’t be reached. I told her that my mother was alone on this trip and trying to enjoy herself after much needed stress. Jackie didn’t care. She went ahead and called my mothers phone and told her she was dying. My mother then spent the rest of her bus trip with this knowledge and had nobody to talk to. I can’t even imagine what was going through her mind then. If dr Sloan had been competent and caring enough my mom might have been able to take treatment and have more time or even survive it. I’ve come to terms with his role in this situation because things happen and doctors have a lot to deal with. But I can’t get past that horrible woman’s treatment of my mother. Every time she went into the office about her previous breast cancer she was treated like she was less than human. Dr Sloan’s poor judgment in his choice of secretary is ridiculous. He must have been blackmailed into hiring her. I’ve never been the kind of person to wish I’ll on anyone but I’ve never seen anyone in any profession act in this way. Don’t know where she gets this sense of entitlement as she is merely an assistant answering phones and using a computer. I’m sure he’s. lose to retiring which will strain our system but losing this poor excuse of a woman would be worth it.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2018

Well Dr Sloan was a great doctor. However his wife who I call Hitler is a disrespectful and verbally abusive woman. I felt and loved his care I have tears writing this but she should never have been hired to work long side him. I was treated after a botched surgery in 2001 but I initially was taken on as a patient in 97 but my wife and kids seen him since 91. As I said he was just a great doctor. As my situation progressed Mary Ann had a confrontation with my wife. And my wife left Dr. Sloan because Mary Ann Hitler had made my daughter cry as she was verbally abusive to my wife. I continued to see him as I was on a strong narcotic that he felt that I needed as a result of my back surgery. And there were a few times that i had to ask for my medication early as a result of a death in the family and had to go out of province. And that was fine. But every time I saw the doc she made me feel like a drug addict by discussing my file with me in the waiting room and it got to a point that I told Dr. Sloan that i thought it was unprofessional for her to do that and that i wanted no more communication with her. I had phoned to make an appointment and i was told that Dr Sloan was no longer my doctor and that i had to make other arrangements for my meds narcotics witch at this point I was on a high dose and would be out in a week. I couldn't find a doctor who would take me on because of the dose of meds I was on. So i had to go to a methadone clinic and be treated like a drug addict because i went there due to withdrawal symptoms almost in a state of confusion and all the clinic i went to called to see if Dr sloan could prescribe till i found a doctor she told them no that he no longer is his patient this woman is a real . Fill in the blanks . I can no longer get prescriptions for my pain and have been on methadone for 5 years and no one will touch me. Dr. Sloan is a great doctor but what Hitler says goes and I think he is scared of her but it's his practice I hold him accountable for the way she was allowed to treat me and my family after such a great relationship we had with him. I really do miss him as my doctor I could tell him anything. Except telling him his wife was a dictator and that she was allowed to treat people in such regard. But if she ever left I would call him in a heart beat. Because he is that good

flag | Submitted August 10, 2018

Dr Sloan is a great doctor and a very likeable gent . I have been his patient for 20 years . My opinion of him has not changed despite his second wife's reknown temperament . Her reputation precedes her throughout the local healthcare system . She is euphemistically referred to as the " bulldog " .

flag | Submitted June 14, 2018

I have had Dr. Sloan my whole life and he has also been doctor to my kids. The last couple years have been a nightmare. Getting appointments is nearly impossible. I get the "We'll call you back" and I never here from them. After the birth of my last son who is now 9 months I have not been able to get him in to see the doctor. I am told to take him to the health unit, clinic or hospital as with issues I have had myself. His wife is always rude to my kids and myself when we are there. I just found out I am expecting my last child and couldn't even get into to see him for bloodwork and a referral to an OB. We are now looking for a new doctors because this is just ridiculous.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

Had an appointment with Dr. Sloan yesterday. When I booked the appointment 2 weeks ago phone was answered by Jackie on first ring, very pleasant and prompt service only had to wait 4 days! Went to appointment only 10 min wait it office got into see Dr Sloan very patient with me and took his time will do whatever he can for you. Jackie came in and did some paper work for us. She was very helpful ! Very good service and dr Sloan has been our family dr since he started in Belleville.

Submitted July 21, 2017

I had a good experience. The staff were fine. Dr. Sloan was very pleasant and I didn't wait long.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

Mary Ann is a completely wretched woman! Dr. Sloan is fantastic but I dread going there because I know I'll leave in tears because of Mary Ann. She has belittled and bullied not only me but my husband and children at almost every appt we have been to. She is a nobody, she's a woman on a power trip and karma will get her eventually. I'm hoping sooner than later Dr.Sloan realizes what a negative effect she has on his practice and "retires" her before he's faced with a whole different mess of problems for her mistreatment of patients and their families.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2017

Me & my children are happily with a new doctor!! It took almost a year to get a new doctor, but it was well worth the wait! Most of the comments on here are 100% true.. Except a few that puts Mrs. Sloan #2 in a nice light- which she probably wrote! I could tell many horrible experiences & things I witnessed in that office, but my last appointment - the one that threw me over the edge - I watched her berate & bully an 80yr old woman (that had been dropped off by a young man) AND made her stand in the hallway.. I confronted her & she told me to mind my own business.. After assisting the woman downstairs to the chairs to wait for her ride, I went back up for my appointment (I was there for a pap/'examination').. Mrs. Sloan #2 was being her typical ignorant self & I told Dr. Sloan i didn't want her in the room, she is not a nurse, nor is she qualified to be in here.. Dr. Sloan skittishly told her she HAD to leave.. She huffed & left HOWEVER she continued to walk back in twice DURING my examination & berate Dr. Sloan! I told Dr. Sloan I was reporting everything I witnessed & experienced that day &.. I was told to find another doctor. It gets better.. I requested my medical file & Mrs. Sloan #2 said it will cost me "a lot of money" (with a smirk) "a dollar a copy"! I was a single sole supporting parent at the time. Long story short, I reported everything & got my medical records! I will admit, I was a little worried at first.. There was a shortage of doctors in the area, I had some health issues that required attention, and I had 2 children, but we got a new doctor in less than a year! Our new doctor & ALL of his staff are wonderful!!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

Again Another complaint about M. A Sloan! Dr. R. W. Sloan is a great Man and a Great Dr. However I wonder if he knows what goes on in the waiting Rm. His wife was so rude and mean to my family. My family member is still crying becausevof what she said. Why does Dr. Sloan put up with this behavior towards his patients. This is Bullying and before long its going to be reported to Human Rights. Unfortunatly the receptionist is begining to sound and act like M.A. sloan. So watch out. This Bullying is going to stop!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

MARY ANN Sloan is the worst person in health care i have ever encountered. I will be personally reporting her to which ever practician will listen. She is refusing me timely access to medical care and told me they would call me with an appointment, and to no supprise have not. She has dicussed my name aloud in the waiting room and bellittled me infront of patients. If your looking for a dr. Dont Choose Sloan. Unfortunately he is an ok dr. His wife is the biggest witch in the history of medical care. Please report her so we can get her out

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016