Ratings for Dr. Gail Black

i didnt have her as my OB for pregnancy but she was the oncall doc when i went into labour. she did a great job encouraging me to push. stitched me up perfectly. everything went great. i want to see her for my next pregnancy!!!

flag | Submitted December 22, 2015

Dr. Gail Black is without a doubt the BEST doctor i've met in all of Edmonton. She knows her stuff and actually takes the time to explain everything to you in a way that makes sense and is easy to understand. Durring the exam she's very gental and gets it done quick so you're not left uncomfortable for long but i barely even felt a thing! She also explains everything she is looking for and how it things are doing as its happening so you are not left with any unanswered questions and it also takes your mind off the discomfort. she also asked at the end if i had anymore questions. Even with all this she was running right on time because she/her wonderful office staff (whom are also quite friendly) schedules her appointment with enough time for all this! Brilliant 5 stars I will never dread a Gyno appointment again! Monique F.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

Wonderful Dr. Highly recommend her. Very calming and reasuring.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2014

Dr Black is fantastic! I highly recommend her!!!!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2014

Dr Gail Black is wonderful. She delivered my son in 2013. I had a very complicated pregnancy and she explained everything and was extremely supportive through the entire process. Her assistant Vanessa is very polite and always remembered the little personal details of my life. I still still Dr. Black for my ongoing fertility issues. I highly highly recommend her. (If I manage to have another baby I'll be going straight back to her)

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

Doctor Gail Black just delivered my baby last weekend... I saw her the week prior as my obgyn is on vacation and she really knows her stuff and I had many issues with my labour and nothing was working to get baby out but she was amazing throughout it all and when the time came that my little one decided he was ready she was amazing. My boyfriend left for a walk as he was overwhelmed with my pain and long process. She took my cell phone and called him and was wonderful. I felt safe in her hands as she's extremely competent. I am glad she delivered my healthy baby for me!

flag | Submitted September 5, 2014

I normally don't write ratings, but I thought in this case I should. Dr. Black was absolutely amazing! She was so professional, and skilled. She delivered my daughter, and had no problems. Without a doubt, she will be delivering my future babies. If you are looking for a obgyn, try your best to be referred to her. You and your family will be lucky to have her by your side, and looking after you. After all, it is for the health of you and your baby.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2013

First time seeing Dr. Black and will never go back. I have had several gyno issues for several years recently getting worse. She was determind there was nothing wrong, I was talked down and im puzzled as to why every other dr iv seen is concerned but her??? She wouldnt listen to any of my issues. I am unhappy with my apt. I feel like shes to perfect to speak with me. Not happy, and I now have to struggle with pain because theres nothing to be concerned about!! :( Friendly staff though! They asked me a question and listened.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2013

Dr.Gail Black was my doctor for 4 pregnancies between 2005 & 2012. She was wonderful, friendly and knowledgeable. I wouldn't go anywhere else. I highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted December 19, 2012

I recently had a procedure performed at the misercordia hospital by Gail Black. She answered questions before the surgery and i felt perfectly at ease heading in to the operating room. Both at the office and in this particular circumstance, I find Dr. Black to be exactly what I want in a doctor: Knowledgeable, direct and understanding. She certainly does not come across as rude or uncaring as some people have suggested. Her main assistant, Brenda, is also knowledgeable and professional. I highly recommend Dr. Gail Black.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2012

Dr. Gail Black's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "i didnt have her as my OB for pregnancy but she was the oncall doc when i went into labour. she did a great job encouraging me to push. stitched me up perfectly..."

December 22, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "T5A0" to "T5R 5W9". Address has been updated from "None" to "None 87 Avenue Northwest". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "17804289516".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gail Black is without a doubt the BEST doctor i've met in all of Edmonton. She knows her stuff and actually takes the time to explain everything to you in a..."

April 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Wonderful Dr. Highly recommend her. Very calming and reasuring."

November 14, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Black is fantastic! I highly recommend her!!!!"

October 19, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Gail Black is wonderful. She delivered my son in 2013. I had a very complicated pregnancy and she explained everything and was extremely supportive through t..."

October 3, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Doctor Gail Black just delivered my baby last weekend... I saw her the week prior as my obgyn is on vacation and she really knows her stuff and I had many issu..."

September 5, 2014