Ratings for Dr. Gail Black

In November, I asked at reception whether new patients are being accepted and what is needed for this. The answer of the girls was that the doctor was taking new patients and needed a referral from the family doctor. My family doctor sent 2 times a referral to this doctor. The doctor had to prepare me for the pregnancy. I waited more than 6 months and received a telephone refusal from an assistant. The doctor who gave the Hippocrates oath can do this? The doctor has no respect for patients and for their time.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2018

DR Gail Black delivered my son, she was not recommended to me, I found her through reviews and so glad I did. Would definitely recommend her.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2018

Dr Black has delivered my first daughter - excellent bedside manner and supportive She took care of me when awaiting a very premature baby. Ensured I made it to a safe date and transferred me when absolutely necessary to the Royal Alex. Operated on me for a laparoscopy for a diagnosis and was so happy with the positive results she brought down photos to the recovery room. It doesn't get better then that ladies!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2018

I will never go to her. so full of her self. She has that smeuck of a phoney smile that puts her away from me. .where do we get these people.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2018

I have seen Dr. Black for two pregnancies. She is extremely knowledgeable, and has excellent bedside manner. She never makes you feel rushed or that a question is silly. She is very thorough, but not an alarmist. She doesn't over due tests, but doesn't hesitate to order them to make sure everything is ok. She is calm, very experienced and very reliable. .

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

Dr. Gail Black is my gyn but I have never been pregnant but have gyn problems. I was refered to her when an Ultrasound showed a cyst on my right ovary. The cyst was bigger than 5 inches and they usually perform surgery to remove cysts that size. The day of my surgery the anesetogiest wouldn't perform the surgery due to the fact my lung function test was not good. He thought I might have sleep apena. Up until then I didn't have any symptoms of sleep apena and have had sleeping problems from the age of 9. A short while before I saw Dr. Black I was sleeping more than usual. I was refered to a lung specialist and he requested a sleep study at the General. It was a more urgent request as the time to get into the sleep study at the General is long. While waiting for an appt I was sleeping pretty much 24hours a day. I would get up in the morning go into the living room and in no time fell asleep. My parents said I snored which I never did before and gestures and talking in my sleep. After the sleep study and started on a Bi-Pap I saw Dr. Black again for a check up regarding my cyst. She was staring at me through the appt and then said sorry for staring but that she couldn't believe how much better I looked since my first visit. She then said that when I first saw her she was hesitant about doing the surgery as I was looking very il and was concerned that the surgery would be too much for my body to handle. That was a few years ago and I see her every year for an ultrasound. The cyst has grown in size but still doesn't think surgery would be good for me unless I start experiencing complications. She even called a gyn at the Cross for advice even though it is not cancer to see about a different approach they do at the Cross to remove ovaries. That gyn also agreed with Dr. Black. Every year I get an ultrasound and a blood test for ovarian cancer marker to make sure there is no cancer. I have also seen her for other gyn problems when I wasn't having periods for years but over one Christmas I started bleeding very heavily. I called on Dec 27 and they prescribed meds to decrease the flow and then I saw Dr. Black the day she came back from holidays. She took a uterine sample afraid it could be cancer. Since I have limited mobility she asked if I was able to get up on the exam table and if not she would take the sample at the hospital. She said it would be very uncomfortable getting a sample since I didn't have kids and hoped than she got enough of a sample for testing. The result was all clear and she said she was relieved that she didn't need to put me through getting another sample. Found out I have low progestrone and prescribed progestrone meds. She is always very helpful and even goes beyond her gyn duties. Anytime I call with concerns she gets me in right away and is always remarking everytime I see her that I look better every time I see her. I would really recommend her as a gyn if you are having an gyn problems. She really cares and when I told her both my parents were diagnosised with stage 4 cancer in 2013 within 2 1/2 months of each other she will ask how they are doing and how I am coping.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

Dr Gail Black is the best OBGYN I've seen. She's professional, charming and she knows what she's doing! She helped me in ways no one else did, just by having a compassionate and knowledgeable bedside manner. She performed a laparoscopy, dermoid cyst removal, and was right on time when she delivered a beautiful, healthy baby girl to me after 9 years of infertility and loss! She has already sent me for tests to confirm my newest pregnancy is healthy. Highly recommend her! The clinic was very clean and the staff were all friendly and professional as well. I am definitely going to continue to see her!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2016

Truly great bedside manner. Was well researched in my wife's case. A physition with old school manners.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

i didnt have her as my OB for pregnancy but she was the oncall doc when i went into labour. she did a great job encouraging me to push. stitched me up perfectly. everything went great. i want to see her for my next pregnancy!!!

flag | Submitted December 22, 2015

Dr. Gail Black is without a doubt the BEST doctor i've met in all of Edmonton. She knows her stuff and actually takes the time to explain everything to you in a way that makes sense and is easy to understand. Durring the exam she's very gental and gets it done quick so you're not left uncomfortable for long but i barely even felt a thing! She also explains everything she is looking for and how it things are doing as its happening so you are not left with any unanswered questions and it also takes your mind off the discomfort. she also asked at the end if i had anymore questions. Even with all this she was running right on time because she/her wonderful office staff (whom are also quite friendly) schedules her appointment with enough time for all this! Brilliant 5 stars I will never dread a Gyno appointment again! Monique F.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

Dr. Gail Black's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.