Ratings for Dr. Akira Sugimoto

Took the EXTRA time to answer ALL questions I had and even drew a diagram to help me understand all my options

flag | Submitted November 12, 2017

Highly Recommend. Did my surgery in Oct. He was worth the 2 hr Drive I am glad my Doctor here referred me to him. He is the best.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2017

Excellent in everyway Highly recommend he is best of the best

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

It has literally been over 20 years since I have come across a doctor THIS good (and I have seen a lot of doctors in my life since I was "born sick"). This was the first time I had to see an oncologist so I was nervous. He took the time to answer all my questions and explained very thoroughly my situation and my options. He did not push me either way but gave me all the information so that I could make a very informed decision. I would recommend him to anyone!!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

I highly recommend him. The best surgeon/doctor there is.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

I was terrified when I found out I had ovarian and endometrial cancer at age 44. I am so lucky that Doctor Sugimoto crossed my path. Not only is he a brilliant surgeon, but also very empathetic. He respected my opinion and answered all my questions. A very evolved person. I read below that he is Canada's best and I agree. When he removed a port and was stitching me up, I told him he was like an artist, so good at his craft. God bless you Sugimoto! Paula

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

This man saved my life. Before during and after he did this, he showed me incredible compassion, kindness and respect.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2016

I was living in Windsor when I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer...they wouldn't touch me. They sent me to London and it turned out to be a blessing. Dr. Sugimoto was direct with me, kept me informed every step of the way. It wasn't a good outlook...my cancer had spread throughout my abdomen and the ascites was debilitating. I had my surgery, spent 4 weeks in the hospital recovering, and am now in chemotherapy. I'm alive because of him, of this I have no doubt. His bedside manner is second to none and he never makes you feel rushed (which admittedly leads to him being notoriously late). His team is outstanding and have helped me focus on my 'tomorrow'. We don't always have choices about our healthcare but if you're able to see Sugi, then you'll know you've got a champion at your side, willing to fight for you. Jan F.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2016

I have been a patient with Dr. Sugimoto since he was a resident at the hospital. He is always kind, caring & makes sure you always knows what's happening with your case. As far as I'm concerned, he's the most qualified doctor in his field. Highly, highly recommend.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

When faced with ovarian cancer and its low survival rate, you fear the worst. Then you meet Dr. Sugimoto and know you came to the right person and place and you are in good hands. He understands your fears and helps you to keep them in perspective. He is a caring and skilled professional! My tumour was the size of a cantaloupe, my CA125 was 3700 and I am alive today to tell you this because of him! The whole team at LHSC deserves 5 stars! (Just sharing my happy 1 year cancer-free anniversary with someone who may need an outstanding dr too!)

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015