Ratings for Dr. John Thomson

my husband saw Dr. Thompson approx 15 yrs ago. He diagnosed with Fybromylgia. We found him very kind and compassionate. One time though we went for an appt. and found out that he was on sick leave. His staff should have notified us, and refered him to someone else. We waited for a call when he got back and we were never notified of his return. We thought maybe it wasn't necessary for my husband to keep seeing him as we hadn't heard anything. The last couple of years his fybromylgia has been terrible. His medicines have been reduced and he is having a lot of problems. I looked up some of his problems on the Internet and found they are fybromylgia related. No one told us that if you don't see him within one year you need a.nother referral. We just kept thinking that Dr Thompson was my husband's specialist. When he has allready treated my husband previously I don't see why he needs to be referred again. Our family Dr. says Doug doesn't haveR. arthritis and doesn't need to see him. She hasn't referred him to someone else though. Since seeing Dr Thomeson my husband has had two more hearth attacks, as well as several other medical issues, and I wold feel much bether if he could consult wit him... . I find it very stressful that our family Dr. wont refer him back. Dr. Thompson was his specialist in the first place, he should be able to see him again. DR. THOMPSON, i would like you to see Doug McKenzie again. It takes a long time to get in to see our family Dr. and if family Dr's knew everything, we wouldn't have specialists.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

Have been a patient of Dr Thompson for some time and I find him sympathetic and helpful.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

I really like dr Thomson ,I felt he was on my side

flag | Submitted April 6, 2015

Had this doctor for years, no help or relief what's so ever. Put up with pain for ten years when I called to see him again and staff said no it had been numerous years since I saw him and required a new referral. Got my family doctor to send in a referral over a year ago still have not heard back. Find someone else.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Thomson for over 20 years, he is the second Rheumatologist I saw, the first never told me about a positive test just put me on voltaren and sent me away(no followup even), I was in a family medicine office on business when that doctor questioned my swollen hand, he referred me to Dr. Thomson, who then confirmed a positive RA test but also explained it could be caused by other diseases; I found him extremely knowledgeable and he obviously spent time researching other possible rare diseases as a potential cause. I even hate to complain about punctuality as that is within the normal range for any doctor and better than most. When my family doctor retired he even helped there as much as he could, he is a caring intelligent doctor and hopefully I won't have to change.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2014

Good Doctor, but doesn't have time to follow a complex patient on new treatments started.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2013

the best in rhumetology have gone for years. Great staff as well

flag | Submitted August 13, 2013

I have been a patient for many years I first started with another rheumatologist, who treated me for RA based on a positive test as I learned afterwards a positive test does not mean RA, it can mean a whole host of other posible diseases for all the people who said he didn't seem to know much I say the opposite he knows (almost) too much and will test for many things before confirming what it is. It was a gi specialist who told me how lucky I was.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2012

I've had the worst experience with Dr Thomson. The receptionist is extremely rude, unhelpful, and doesn't care about patient needs. I've had several appointments cancelled in a row. When I do see dr Thomson, he spends little time examining my joints and insists that I stay on the same medication even when I've had bad reactions! Not helpful!!! Stay away!!!!

flag | Submitted March 13, 2012

dr. Could save a lot of money if his staff should use a computer to email his customers and they could email his staff. Come on now it is the 21st century.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2012