Ratings for Dr. Frank MacDonald

One of the best docs around , I had him for 2/3 C- sections and a hysterectomy , I have the utmost respect for him

flag | Submitted July 17, 2018

He's horrible, horrible, horrible and not fit to practice medicine.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2018

This doctor never should have been allowed in an operating room. I went in to have my tubes tied in Jan. 2000 and he almost killed me. A simple procedure he told me, no big deal, he does it all of the time. Well when you not only nick a patient's bowel...(which can be a common occurance)..but to also nick their iliac artery and they weren't prepared for bowel surgery and leaves a patients entire blood stream/body infected with fecis is a very neglectful act. I ended up having 3 majory surgeries, in the operating room for over 4 hrs (this was to be a 20 min procedure and sent home the same day), a blood clot in my leg and spent over 2 weeks in the hospital and spent many, many months of re-cooperating at home and a drug addiction to pain medications I was put on in the hospital. My children were absolutely devastated that they came close to losing their mother. I ended up emotionally distraught for couple of years after. If this doctor had once said that he was sorry it may have been easier to forgive him. Gee, if he had to say he was sorry he would then have to admit to being an incompetent surgeon and made a mistake. We are ALL human and make mistakes...be humble and own your stuff. This doctor had more law suits against him than you could count!!! I am relieved to know he is retired and will never be able to endanger anyone life again!!!

flag | Submitted December 20, 2017

Dr Frank took over a difficult case, when I presented at Emerg a month before my due date. I had complete confidence in him. He explained everything thoroughly and made sure I was comfortable. I appreciate his sense of humour. It can help in scary situations. Excellent Doctor!

flag | Submitted April 22, 2017

I had Dr Frank with all for of my children and when I miscarried . There is no one I'd trust more with my life or my children's life. in 2011, I had a prolapsed cord things got very serious very quickly. Frank and his staff worked together better then I've ever seen another group of individuals they truly moved as one. He is loving, compassionate... full of jokes . I agree he does sometimes talk over you but if you say Hey one question ... he'll stop and answer you to the fullest . I think the world of him :)

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

Dr. Frank MacDonald is amazing. He delivered my first child when my wife and I still lived in Prince Edward Island. He's a very cheerful guy and always fairly hyped up on caffeine (I imagine you need a lot of coffee as a doctor). The c-section scar is very small and a bikini would easily hide it. I really miss having him as our doctor. We're having our second child in Calgary now and there's no comparison between Dr. Frank and the doctor we have here.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

I was lucky enough to deliver my second child with Dr. MacDonald. He was amazing. He was great at keeping my mind off the pain, even making me laugh. He explained what was going to happen and what I needed to do, while making me feel calm and in control. He also got me to stop pushing at the end so as to reduce the chance of tearing, which I really appreciated. I couldn't be happier with my experience!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2015

I thought he was great all around! I was lucky enough to get him in the delivery room and he was awesome! He asked me to stop pushing when the baby was a bit out which is pretty hard to fight that urge but in the end no rips or anything thanks to him! I think he's the best going for sure!

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

I had to see Dr MacDonald, as my own Dr was out sick. I got to my appointment early, seeny regular nurse right away. Then waited 30 minutes to get into a room. After 45 minutes I went to see if they had forgotten about me, as I had never waited more than 5 mins for my own Dr. I was told to go back to the room and wait. 20 minutes pater he finally came in, the first thing he did was make very inapropriate jokes which instantly made me feel very uncomfortable. He then pushed VERY hard on my stomach to the point where I actually cried out and he laughed and said "sorry wasn't really paying attention" which made me even more angry and uncomfortable! Then we listened to the heart beat and he turned it down very low and talked very loud over it, this is my first pregnancy and I enjoy hearing my sons heartbeat, but every time I opened my mouth to ask him if o could just listen to it for a second he would cut me off. He then said the heartbeat was good and actually said "alright, I'm kicking you out now" and left! He didn't ask if I had any questions, or let me get a word in let alone ask him something! I will refuse to be seen by him again, I have never felt so uncomfortable with a Dr before in my life.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

This was my first baby and I could not have been paired with a better doctor than Dr. MacDoanld. Not only did he have a great sense of humor to keep the mood light and friendly, but he answered every question and addressed every need that I had. He made my husband and I feel very at ease at every appointment. In fact, my favorite part of my appointments was when he kindly helped me up from the exam table after every check up. A small gesture, but after the 6th month and a growing belly, very much appreciated. My last month of pregnancy Dr MacDonald was on vacation so I had a chance to experience the rest doctors on staff. And although they were very friendly, they lacked the small gestures that make you feel at ease. The small things make a smooth pregnancy:)

flag | Submitted November 6, 2012