Ratings for Dr. Norman Kalyniuk

Sandals and shorts let people know who he's going to like and who not so much.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

Rude. Yells. You feel like you are wasting his time. He complains openly about cut backs and how much money he makes on what he's doing for you. Questions why you want testing. Looking for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2016

I really like Norm i think as a Doctor and as a personne is just amazing ,i see him 3 to 4 time a year and i feel i can trust him he take a good care of my medical problem and i like to see him for Botox and filler and in the pass i see a couple different doctor and no body give me the same result ,im very happy whit Norm and i will continue to see him ,he is a great Doctor Sorry for my english i'm french Canadian thank you Normand for your good service Johanne

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

My mother recently moved to AMICA and we had to change her family doctor from Toronto. Should have done my research first before signing her up with Dr Norm. It seems impossible to speak or contact him personally to get questions answers or provide concerns with issues my mother is experiencing. Finally provided with an email address so that I could send results from prior tests and provide information on issues that needed to be looked at on her next appointment with him. Apparently, I was given a personal email address and he reprimanded my mother as soon as she walked in the door for making contact with him and she wasn't to do it again. My mother has early stages of dementia and had no idea what he was talking about and took great offense at the reprimand. On top of that, the information I provided him with was apparently thrown out as nothing was done and I have no way of finding out what the heck is going on. I don't know if it's AMICAs policy or his personal policy that doesn't allow direct contact but its going to stop, or my mother is going elsewhere. AMICA needs to rethink their affiliation with them. Oh, and Dr Norm .... having two lap dogs on your LinkedIn page and a sleazy video of you doing Botox injections doesn't lend any confidence in your skill set in my opinion. I'm not sure why you even bother with the elderly at this point. Just saying.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

Today I went to see my family doctor and was surprised with Dr. K instead. He didn't even explain where my doctor was and jumped right into your examination. I was very uncomfortable and he didn't have great bedside manners. He repetively asked me the same question as he didn't believe my response, he was sick and was not wearing a mask or gloves to prevent spreading, and he didn't wear any gloves when touching an infection on my skin. He was trying to rush me out of the room and told me he didn't want to do a basic procedure that my doctor does every time I go there. He also talked very loudly and left the door open. I drove over and hour in order to see my own doctor and wasn't able to even address my concerns because of him. Waste of time.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2015

Never apologises for tardiness, seems he's doing you a favor fitting you in between his golf. Never get test results unless you call, but when you tried to call most of the time you get an answering machine. Also keeps sending you on to x-rays, specialists, etc. hardly ever checks you himself.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015

This Dr has a good bed side manner but this staff are not competent, especially when it comes to paperwork. This reduces the quality of Dr Kalyniuk's services.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

Doctor Norman has been my GP for 25 years, the past few years I have become more and more reluctant to see him because he is just a nightmare. My last appointment was cancelled! I found out the day of and I had to miss work for it. I was then rescheduled for a month later and they tried to change it AGAIN!!! It took me seven weeks to get into see him from when I booked my original appointment. I finally go see him, and he's beyond miserable with no insight to my medical issue nor did he give a care and just told me his office will get In contact with me. I guess I'll be waiting a few more months till I know what's wrong. On the plus side this was the first time I didn't wait for 2 hours to get into see him. It's unfortunate that he has lost all passion for his job and patients who have been seeing him for so long. Put a darn smile on

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

I found him to be very professional and not at all sarcastic, as I am not shy to speak my mind. I f you do not like him , go elsewhere. He is a doctor , not a psychologist. This is a tough world. Perhaps an third world Medical experience is in order for some to realize how fortunate we are. Shawn C.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

The Kalyniuks have been my family doctors for years (since I was a chid). When I got married my husband moved to Newmarket and started seeing Norman. It was convenient and he was friendly, but as always there is an hour+ wait time.In the past two years Norman has consistantly ignored my husbands complaints on a pain in his knee. Finally my husband asked for an MRI and Norman's response was "you people kill me with your self diagnosis'".He did not have anything derogitory to say when the MRI proved my husband needed surgery.After another rude response last week with Norman (he basically rolled his eyes and told my husband that he has problems too but you don't see him telling everyone...his DOCTOR said this!)we have started to look for a new MD. Very disgusted and disappointed that he acts like his patients are wasting his time.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2013