Ratings for Dr. John A. Cafaro

Overall reviews are pretty accurate. Dr. Cafaro will never earn any awards for medicine or empathy. He's a numbers guy - get you in and out asap.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2011

not good, not helpful at all, would not recommend this doc

flag | Submitted September 12, 2011

I noticed this office is modern, but the staff is extremely unprofessional. Dr Cafaro is unavailable to talk to by phone and everything is channeled through the nurse's assistant. Assistant never calls back and not sure if she gives messages to the dr. This poor rating could be due to her? Assistant was very cold, brief and unprofessional as well. The receptionist could not answer questions I had about the general paperwork! Dr Cafaro is very short in his explanations, you need to ask many questions! He seemed very rushed and acted like I was bothering him, never asked me if I had questions, just gave me orders and tried walking out of the room. If you have a serious injury, I would look for another office. Dr Cafaro may be a good fit, but he needs a new support staff. That also might help him with his patient relationship skills.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2009

Dr. Cafaro's a nice guy, but he's kind of lazy. Anything that's wrong with you, you're the one that has to do all the research, find the answers. He also is the last to get there and the first to leave. If I were hospitalized, I sure wouldn't expect him to be at my bedside-don't think he really cares that much, which is good and bad. He has a life outside of work, but for the most part seems bored with his job.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2008

My son needed immediate attention for severe anxiety and depression. Dr was a good referral point and helpful! he also came though in the multiple times we had to submit paper work to the universtiy to expunge my son's grades due to illness. very kind and helpful

flag | Submitted August 26, 2008

Not a fan. He's been my doctor for years. I've been unable to find anyone who has a GP they'd recommend. Dr. Cafaro's a nice guy, but I seldom feel as if he has any real interest in me as a patient or person. He's my GP, and I've seen him a 2 - 4 times a year for minor illnesses and an annual exam. I feel he's superficial in his diagnoses and treatments. I'll go to him for simple illnesses, but, if anything was seriously wrong with me, I'd find another doctor. I wouldn't trust him to investigate thoroughly or efficiently to find the root cause. I also don't like that he and his staff urge office visits for things that can be discussed over the phone. When I caught on to this, I started insisting for info over the phone. I find the overall experience of seeing him is unpleasant - from the generic waiting room to the efficient, but cold, preliminaries with the staff. There's no warmth or humanity -- it feels very transactional. I'm looking for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2008

Dr. John A. Cafaro's Credentials

• Creighton Univ Sch Of Med, Omaha Ne 68178 (Grad. 1959)

Health Net