Ratings for Dr. Giovanni Angelo Di Costanzo

Dr Di Costanzo is a very nice man and we think a good urologist. His office staff really lets him down. That or he’s not paying them well enough. My father had a biopsy two weeks ago and we were told to call the office to set up an appointment for three weeks from that date to discuss treatment results and treatment options. No one will ever answer the phone there! It doesn’t matter what day or time of day you call, the machine is always on and won’t allow you to leave a message. It’s 11:00am Friday morning and the office is closed until Monday..ok so maybe one leaves a little early on Friday, we’ve all done it. I have yet to phone at a time where they are there and answering the phones no matter what time I call during regular office hours. I don’t even try during the lunch hour! So either they are horribly over worked ( which is on the doctor) or grossly negligent or incompetent. Shame because he seems like a good doctor we’d like to deal with

flag | Submitted November 8, 2019

Dr. Giovanni is professional and to the point. I can understand situations where a little more compassion might be needed, but in my circumstance I respected his experience and professional to the point attitude. My procedure with him was quick and painless, he and the nurse in the room at the time were great, they chatted with me during the procedure making everything go by very quickly. My recovery was very quick. I did not need pain killers the next day let alone Tylenol 3. I highly recommend him and his office.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2019

Simply the best! We are luck to have in Markham - DS

flag | Submitted September 5, 2019

I am in agreement with a few of the other reviewers. Despite the many rave reviews he can be very arrogant and direct if questioned. I questioned him on my condition. I was being treated for a prostate condition with medication for the last 5 years. I decided to get a second opinion only to find out that the medication is does nothing to alleviate my particular problem. Surgery is required to address this issue. The doctor " could not believe that this was missed". Given my experience I do not believe his diagnostic and treatment skills are up to date.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2019

From diagnosing to performing surgery to remove my tumour all within 1 week, Dr. D showed a great degree of care and concerns for my health. He's also very knowledgeable in giving me full detail of what I should expect from my illness. Thank you Dr. Di Costanzo.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2019

If you are a woman please steer clear of this doctor. He literally ruined my life.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2018

Although he lacks bedside manner and people skills. He is very knowledgeable and knows his stuff. He performed surgery on both my baby and husband and will keep choosing him shall we be giving the choice. He's very direct just wished he was more approachable.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2018

Have see Dr. D a couple of times his knowledge and care are excellent.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2018

Not enough words to describe Dr D and his caring, informed approach to treating multiple members of my family. The most important story - my Dad was diagnosed with rare prostate cancer in 1997. He was told downtown - rare cancer, we can't treat you, you have 5 years go enjoy them. My Dad was 65. We went to Dr D. He spent the weekend researching studies on the internet - pls keep in mind it was 1996 (no facebook, no other social media). He found a global study with early results and said he wanted to try something. Dad just celebrated his 84th birthday. My brother was diagnosed 18 mths ago with the same rare cancer...his treatment - the gold standard - was based on the work Dr. D did with my Dad. Blessed to know him - for those who doubt him I suggest you take the measure of all the comments - speaks volumes I would say.... Thanks Dr D

flag | Submitted May 29, 2018

Excellent Doctor. Caring and knowledgeable. Explained my problem in detail and outlined all my options. I trust him

flag | Submitted April 25, 2018