Ratings for Dr. Kay Bech-Hansen

She has been my doctor for close to 30 years and she used to be not bad but over the last few years she has become the worst Doctor I have ever met. I've been on Pain medication for 8 years and it has been working but all of a sudden she's changed it and it doesn't work. Go back to see her and she changes it to something else that doesn't work. Now I'm in pain all the time because she "thinks" that she is doing the right thing by trying "new stuff". She told me to take these meds and the pharmacists says "absolutely not because they will cause major issues". She doesn't care at all about her patients. I've pulled my file and will be going to see another doctor. And whoever says there are no doctors available there are lots our there. DON'T GO SEE HER unless you want to end up with worse issues than you went in for.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2018

I have been a patient for more than 20 years. She's not usually on time, even the first appointment of the day, however I've always knows her to be thorough and patient. Doctors book 15 minute appointments, yes, and they shouldn't do that. once you get behind, there's no catching up. My time is valuable too. Dr. BH is personable and if you go in prepared, with good explanation of what symptoms you are experiencing, she really tries to get to the bottom of it. Her nurse, Christine, is very approachable and will answer a phone call if you ask for her especially if you need to see the doctor in a hurry. Dr. BH has been a professional for many years, and deserves to take time off if she needs it. The staff that answer the phones and your fact to face questions are sometimes curt, but they are dealing with hundreds of phone calls a day, so I suppose we need to cut them some slack. However they could have better telephone manner. It's difficult to get through to the office to make an appointment, so when you do get through you expect courteous responses. I am not fond of the cut in the hours in the afternoon, however I just have to work around those. I am not a frequent visitor to the doctor, but when I need her, she's there for me. My experience with Dr. BH has been all around good.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2018

Useless wife is very sick told her she was going to stay that way did not refer her to specialist until i got angry with her uncaring always on vacation,looks like she is in lala land the time

flag | Submitted February 4, 2018

My family has had this doctor for years. She is very personable, really cares about her patients and takes the time to explain in terms we can all understand. I would highly recommend her

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

I have had this doctor for years. I would highly recommend her. Very knowledgeable and personable.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

I do not think people understand the shortage of medical professionals in Ontario. I love when people blame the physician for them NOT being punctual or get angry when the doctor is able to only acknowledge one problem per visit. Doctors take care of ALOT of patients and not just you and your family. Dr. Bech-Hansen is EXTREMELY knowledgeable and is able to tell me about my cholesterol, my skin conditions and when to seek future medical advice. She is very caring and always remembers something about me. I LOVE having her as a doctor and really believe that people should be a little bit more appreciative of all the wonderful things that doctors, especially Dr. Bech-Hansen does.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2013

Dr Bech-Hansen has been my family doctor for 15 years. Both myself and my children. She sucks! got physical results, says I have high blood pressure & high cholstral, but tells me to make another appt to talk about them! "I only have 15 min./patient, I can only discuss one item/visit, please make another appt" Not very helpful, commpasionate or caring!

flag | Submitted March 25, 2011

This goes to all of you (especially the "walkin whiner") She uses her family as examples to make you understand in an easier way. If you think this is ALL about you...then maybe you should be talking to a psychiatrist! Good luck trying to find a new doctor that will accept you! Doctors run late because most of them work elsewhere, such as the hospital! And if you see her at the clinic, expect it to be quick! If it's serious go to emerge then! I believe she is a great doctor. To everyone who complains, just keep in mind that this is a free service that you people are complaining about! Unbelievable!!!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2010

she is a new dr. to me but as a first impression thumbs way down for her, we brought our new baby in at 4 weeks our baby would not stop crying and when i told her this all she said was "she's healthy" being new parents she didnt offer any advice on why or what the problem could be. i also asked her about getting birth control, and she said we dont talk about that until 6 weeks, NOT VERY HELPFUL AT ALL!!!!!!

flag | Submitted September 10, 2009

She is my regular DR. and I am not a 'walk-in whiner'. She is always late, never punctual. Without fail she will relate every single one of my medical requests and complaints to her daughter or husband. I don't care to hear anything about her family. I didn't wait an hour in the waiting room in my sock feet to hear her drone on about how my problem relates to her family. This is MY 10 minutes! That's just bad listening skills and bed-side manner. She continually confuses me with other patients that have a similiar name to mine; I don't know if that's her fault or the staff that grab the wrong folder. I dread going to her and am embarrased to admit she is my MD.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2008