Ratings for Dr. Kay Bech-Hansen

My family has had this doctor for years. She is very personable, really cares about her patients and takes the time to explain in terms we can all understand. I would highly recommend her

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

I have had this doctor for years. I would highly recommend her. Very knowledgeable and personable.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

I do not think people understand the shortage of medical professionals in Ontario. I love when people blame the physician for them NOT being punctual or get angry when the doctor is able to only acknowledge one problem per visit. Doctors take care of ALOT of patients and not just you and your family. Dr. Bech-Hansen is EXTREMELY knowledgeable and is able to tell me about my cholesterol, my skin conditions and when to seek future medical advice. She is very caring and always remembers something about me. I LOVE having her as a doctor and really believe that people should be a little bit more appreciative of all the wonderful things that doctors, especially Dr. Bech-Hansen does.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2013

Dr Bech-Hansen has been my family doctor for 15 years. Both myself and my children. She sucks! got physical results, says I have high blood pressure & high cholstral, but tells me to make another appt to talk about them! "I only have 15 min./patient, I can only discuss one item/visit, please make another appt" Not very helpful, commpasionate or caring!

flag | Submitted March 25, 2011

This goes to all of you (especially the "walkin whiner") She uses her family as examples to make you understand in an easier way. If you think this is ALL about you...then maybe you should be talking to a psychiatrist! Good luck trying to find a new doctor that will accept you! Doctors run late because most of them work elsewhere, such as the hospital! And if you see her at the clinic, expect it to be quick! If it's serious go to emerge then! I believe she is a great doctor. To everyone who complains, just keep in mind that this is a free service that you people are complaining about! Unbelievable!!!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2010

she is a new dr. to me but as a first impression thumbs way down for her, we brought our new baby in at 4 weeks our baby would not stop crying and when i told her this all she said was "she's healthy" being new parents she didnt offer any advice on why or what the problem could be. i also asked her about getting birth control, and she said we dont talk about that until 6 weeks, NOT VERY HELPFUL AT ALL!!!!!!

flag | Submitted September 10, 2009

She is my regular DR. and I am not a 'walk-in whiner'. She is always late, never punctual. Without fail she will relate every single one of my medical requests and complaints to her daughter or husband. I don't care to hear anything about her family. I didn't wait an hour in the waiting room in my sock feet to hear her drone on about how my problem relates to her family. This is MY 10 minutes! That's just bad listening skills and bed-side manner. She continually confuses me with other patients that have a similiar name to mine; I don't know if that's her fault or the staff that grab the wrong folder. I dread going to her and am embarrased to admit she is my MD.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2008

I dropped her as a Doctor. I would rather not have one if she is all I can get. My son was Jaundice and she said that was his natural color?? When I brought him along with me to the Obstetrician they rushed him to the hospital. She also grab my breast once to show me the milk coming out when I was pregnant without asking me. When I was working shift work and wasn't sleeping well she told me that I sould quit my job....right... and go on welfare. No thanks an animal doctor has more compation.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2008

She is a great doctor... Looks after me when I need care... Definitely one of the best listeners ever... If you tell her your story, she'll hear laugh and cry when she is supposed to... In the walk-in - she doesn't give quite the same amount of time - but then again - in a walk-in, you are only supposed to be there for a simple visit! I respect that she is careful about who she prescribes medication to and find her knowledge background unbelievable... Her memory is outstanding and she is fabulous and breaking things down for us non-MDs.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2008

I went in to see her for a refill on a non narcotic medication. I told her that I switched from dr. fairman to dr. knut and all I need untill I see dr.knut on the 1st of the month is that one med I was asking for. She said, I'm sorry but I will have to decline you.... I was shocked! What? She actually said "Look I'm not going to go into details, but you should of stuck with Fairman!" I was like excuse me??? Dr Knut is a very nice and knowlegable doctor! She said "I'm sorry I am not giving you a refill and you should of stuck with fairman." I was like whatever and walked out. I went to a clinic down the road and got my refill there from a better doctor. Dr. Bech hansen.....you suck! And you have no right talking about other doctors like that! Dr. Knut is great!

flag | Submitted May 22, 2008