Ratings for Dr. Keith Yap

The best experience possible. Staff professional and helpful. Dr. Yap very good at his work and helpful with best options for me

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

Dr Yap has done both of my cataract removals and indeed I found the staff at the front to be unhappy and rather rude. However the care and time taken by both Dr. Yap and his prior to appt. screening staff was exceptional. The girls that explained the measurements they were taking and explaination of what occurs with the surgery was over the top through. Great experience once past the front desk. The appt. did take time but waiting in specialists office has been a commom appearance I find

Submitted March 15, 2017

Dr Yap is amazing and I couldn't be happier with him. His staff is the absolute worst, however. Brought my $2000 cheque in as requested two weeks prior and not so much as a thank you. Just handed my receipt. Stood there for a minute thinking there must be something else I was missing but no, she just went back to work. Not a thanks or have a nice day. Woman who books surgery was worse. Rude and sarcastic when asked questions about things I didn't understand. Could all use a lesson in basic manners.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

This ophthalmologist office and telephone system should be respectful of patient's time who find themselves waiting for an eternity to leave a message only to discover there is no option for this. Have the courtesy simply state "This voicemail does not receive messages" and stop waiting the patient's valuable time!!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

OK very surprised re bad reviews, back in the Summer I was sent to him from walking clinic I was seen within 30 mins . I had a call back appointment again around 20 mins, then a 3rd Visit again 20 mins. I have just been back after 6 months and it was approx 10 mins each time I saw Dr Yap, I am very happy to have such an excellent Doctor in the new town I have decided to call home

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

Had my first cataract surgery done by Dr. Yap a few weeks ago. You couldn't ask for a better doctor - calm - answers questions - now on the list to have the second eye done. I have no apprehension for the next one as the experience with Dr. Yap for the first one was nothing but the best. It just feels wonderful to be able to see better thanks to his KNOWLEDGE. Waiting to see him was worth the time as he is very busy trying to help so many patients who need a specialist like him.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

I was so very pleased to have been referred to Dr Yap while I was on holiday in Kelowna. He very rapidly and expertly diagnosed my condition and immediately began a course of treatment that has proven both highly effective and minimally invasive. I had suffered with this condition for at least two years and consulted with three ophthalmologists over the years (including, out of desperation, one at the world renowned Moorfields Eye Hospital in London, England) and none of them were able to accurately diagnose my condition. I was left almost speechless when within minutes and without further tests, he diagnosed my condition and conscientiously explained the origin of the problem. While there is no cure for this particular condition, he recommended a regimen to keep it under control which could be easily incorporated into my busy life and travel schedule. I can honestly say that this particular doctor is of an international calibre and puts other supposed experts to shame. Kelowna is incredibly fortunate to have him and I am recommending everyone I know in British Columbia to see him. In fact, I know of at least one other person who travels from afar just to see him and only him. He is an exemplary doctor with an exemplary practice, including a very professional, friendly and efficient staff. As unorthodox it might be to say, I am looking forward to my next eye problem already knowing Dr Yap is around to help!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016

I am very surprised at the negative comments. I saw the Doctor today with my kids. The staff was friendly and efficient. There was a children's play area and a movie on for them to watch. We arrived early & they fit us in before our scheduled appointment.! The Doctor was great with my young daughter, & took the time to explain things to both her and me. The only criticism I have is that the address is * confused* on Google maps and took us to the hospital instead. The staff mentioned that this happens frequently.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

Cannot believe the negative reviews here. He is an amazing surgeon and is one of the most empathetic specialists I've had. You can tell he has all the skills and confidence because he really is the best. He really cares and it shows in his impeccable bed side manner. The fact that he is busy is a reflection of his skill. Kelowna is lucky to have physicians like him.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

Clear your schedule because you're going to be waiting for a long time. Being snacks and drunk.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2016