Ratings for Dr. Rhoda E. Burns

We saw this doctor on 2 times on an emergency basis. This practice does not give you a choice of doctors for an immediate appointment (less than a week). To schedule an appointment with a specific physician expect to wait several weeks or months, even on immunizations that are supposed to be on a schedule. Dr. Burns talks down to the parents, speaking very slowly and using elementary language. I felt like I was the 3 year old. She didn't do anything to help my son. She sent him home the first time and the second time. I would not have kept the second appointment if I had known it was with Dr. Burns. The clerk who made the appointment told me it was with another doctor, but when we got there it was Dr. Burns. Only after 3 visits, and 2 weeks did someone at this practice (Dr. Moore) finally give him antibotics to fight pnuemonia. Dr. Burns never even did a chest xray to be sure, just told us to give him honey for his cough, alternate advil and tylenol, and "try to keep his fever around 100".

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

Dr. Rhoda E. Burns's Credentials

• Univ Of South Al Coll Of Med, Mobile Al 36688 (Grad. 1984)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal