Ratings for Dr. Lisa Stevenson

Dr. Stevenson has been our family doctor for a long time. She is very committed to her patients; she is very patient and knowledgeable and also has a great smile, no matter the circumstances.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

Simply put, she is an excellent family doctor - you cannot find better. She has taken care of me and my kids since they were born and has proven to be exceptional with them. A very caring individual - this is how a doctor should be.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2014

Dr. Stevenson is a nice, friendly and punctual doctor. That being said, I do not find her to be easy to get an appointment with as she has a very limited schedule, which is her prerogative. It does make it difficult for me who works during the day and has to book time off to go in and see her for all of five minutes. Her appointments are definitely rushed, and as my family doctor - I can come to her with things that are serious such as depression and rather than listen to my asking for a vitamin B12 injection, she would prefer just to prescribe antidepressants. I find this to be frustrating when I am trying to make an effort on my own health, and I get antidepressants pushed in my face and a refusal UNLESS I have a B12 deficiany to give me the injection. I later found out the same clinic who has a walk in clinic Doctor, offers the injection, no prescription needed. I was furious. Not to mention during a physical exam AND bloodwork, I was failed to be advised I was five months pregnant.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2014

Our entire family are blessed to have Dr. Lisa for our GP. She is very knowledgable and empathetic, and a superb manner with children. When she does not have THE answer, she delegates and refers effectively. When it is URGENT and Threatening, she is well-connected enough to escalate issues effetively. She is very refreshing in this world of cold, robotic medical personnel. Her staff are very supportive and do a good job of follow-up, as well as open-minded enough to accept patient suggestions for pursuing appointments with qualified out of town specialists. All in all a terrific Doctor and person.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2012

Dr. Stevenson is a great family doctor - very intelligent and friendly! She has been the best doctor I have had with being on time.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2011

Great doctor. She is our family doctor and I couldn't ask for a better one. She is very knowledgeable, listens to you and extremely friendly. She takes great care of my little kids. I wish all doctors were like her.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2010

Dr. Stevenson is very helpful and I appreciate the fact that she is not hesitant to refer - she is organized and detailed. I do feel very rushed when I see her. It seems that one appt. is for one issue - if I have a question about something that I didn't mention when I booked the appt. I need to book another one to address that. We are very short Dr.s here in Calgary and I'm glad to have found her.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2010

Our experiences with Dr. Stevenson have been quite positive. It seems she has more passion for kids - and takes lots of interest for appts that involve our young ones. For me and my husband's appts, I feel I need to be very concise and organized to use her limited time effectively. The staff are overall quite good; sometimes a little bit snarky when it takes 'too much' time to undress my kids to be weighed. I really appreciate that they try so hard to stay on time. It can be tough to stay within the time they've allotted when the issue is not 100% straight forward, and I feel like I am messing up the schedule when that happens.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2009

Dr Stevenson is a great find since there is a shortage of Dr.'s in Alberta who take new patients. She provides knowledgeable and quality care which seems to be rare in this day and age. I trust her fully and give her a five star rating.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2009

She is very personable and makes you feel extremely comfortable, however she seems to be rushed, and doesn't allow time for you to share with her your health concerns effectively. Almost as if she doesn't have time to listen to your 'little' issues.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2009