Ratings for Dr. Max Leung

One of the worst doctors I’ve had and he’s been my doctor since I was 5. He doesn’t ever recognize me or seem to care, never does he take his time and focus to really listen to what I need to say. I suffered from seizures up to 40 times a day for 3 years and he never really paid any attention to it, then when I went for surgery he spent 20 mins filling out information on me in his computer which he should of had. He doesn’t pay much attention or care like I said so 7 days before a BRAIN surgery he filled his documents out about me when they should have had the epilepsy info for years. He just doesn’t care he’s always rushing and trying to push you out. Argues about any depression or anxiety medication and how you could just do activities and distract yourself from it? Until years and years of him saying this every time, I couldn’t get what I needed. Help with my epilepsy induced depression and anger. Due to where it resides in my brain. Until I demanded the prescription I didn’t receive ANY help, no referrals, nothing natural... NOTHING. With an epilepsy that can induce suicidal thoughts you’d think you’d be cared for more and taken more seriously. When he wrote it after I demanded it, he was short and had a bad attitude. It’s just sad when I have been seeing him since I moved to Ontario from down east. He is honestly so uneducated it makes me wonder how he even has a degree. I may report him to college of physicians. Diane however is phenomenal, the best secretary I have ever had. That is one thing that makes a difference and keeps me from leaving. She is sweet, kind, caring and really seems to actually understand where you are coming from as a patient. Diane is amazing and even knows who I am when I call, by name. I’ve never had a secretary ANYWHERE be as sweet and caring as her.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2018

Did not listen at all just wrote a prescription.I left perplexed .And still am.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2018

Very happy with Dr.Leung and Diane ..he has been our dr for over 30 years.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2018

I've become speechless over the years of visiting him, to the point where I've just stopped going to him and only book appointments with other Drs (despite him being my family doctor). He is of no help, at all. He asks ME what I think is wrong, what I think I need, what I would like to do, etc etc. How does that even make sense? I don't know how he's still practicing or how he hasn't been reported. He has 0 people skills in explaining situations, 0 compassion, and treats you like an idiot. If you ask any further questions to his comments, he'll give you some useless analogy. Please, save yourself the headache and visit someone else.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2018

Been my dr since i was 2 years old. I never had an issue with him. He's uncomfortable to be around yes but he's the type of dr you go to if you KNOW what you need.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

He has been my family doctor my whole life, he saved my grandfathers life by sending him for the appropriate tests to diagnose his cancer, as well as my mother and I's life when I was born (according to her) BUT I have always felt uncomfortable around this man, primarily when coming to him with feminine issues. He interrogated me when I wanted to go on birth control about whether or not I was "in love", I'm sorry but that's really not his business. And he seemed very behind the times regarding alternative contraceptive (IUD), saying how many complications there could be ( which is understandable when it was a new thing but they've developed it better and further since then) and going on and on with some story about a plane and a car or something I have no idea. I'm not a child I don't need a bed time story, I need medical advice! I had to request to be transferred to a OB/GYN in order to even have an intelligent conversation about my options (Dr. Nazia Tauseef has been amazing so far). All in all, he seems a little loopy and over the top, better for birthday parties than serious situations in my personal opinion. Doesn't mean he can't save lives I supposed.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

This man has been my family doctor for 25+ years and all I can say is RUN! far away as you can!! Insensitive, rude, condescending, no sound medical advice only antidotes, and stupid jokes that only he laughs at. My teenage daughter refused to see him alone because she could not handle the stupidity that came out of this man's mouth! After being a patient of his for so many years I was ecstatic when I finally found a new family physician! Don't waste your time paying to transfer medical records from Dr. Leung as I was appalled at how little was in my file after 25+ years not to mention that I also found a medical record from another patient in there! Love Diane but this man should not be practicing medicine at all!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

Staff is rude n both try to do minimal to get u in and out of the office. I had a destroyed elbow was told to quit my job and to find a job whr I can twirl a pencil instead as a suggested solution to my problem. If it wasn't for my own foot work I never would have gotten a surgery which I just did in march however three days after surgery was a long weekend and I would have been without pain meds so I contacted doctor max leung to refill my prescription in the morning the secretary proceeded to question me in a way that made me feel like a criminal which would be understandable if I was asking for pain meds without reason but HELLO I just had major arm surgery three days ago, any way needless to say they said ok give us a few hours to fill this out, I was fine with that until the whole day passed I got a call from the pharmacy 30 minutes before they closed saying they just got the go ahead and it would take 20 minutes to fill it out, so I showed up with ten minutes left before closing got my bag of meds got into my vehicle and opened the bag only to see anti inflammatories and nothing else.. ARE U SERIOUS was my reaction. Went the weekend in lightening amounts of pain and I will never go to that office again. He is a bare minimal doctor who doesn't care for his patience at all and u will kinda get the pushy vibe like your asking to many questions when trying to sort yourself out infront of him cause thats what you will be doing with this doctor is allot of guessing and sorting things out yourself. He really is a bad doctor and I wish he would get his medical license revoked for his ignorance and carelessness. I wish him the same pain and feelings I went through when he had the opportunity to help me be at ease. Never felt so disrespected in my life. Stay far away from this place if you care about your health and life.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

Wish I hadn't clicked on ANY of the stars. I used to see this Dr back when I lived in Oshawa. So, curious, I read the reviews below, and fully agree with the posters. This 'doctor' (of what, not sure) is ignorant, insensitive, and provides some stupid and - in my case - potentially dangerous advice. Mine to you is: get far away from this "practitioner" - it is worth travelling anywhere else. I have absolutely NO idea how this jerk keeps on practicing. Where is the Board? Diane (medical assistant) you are a great person and the only professional in that office. My rating for you is low only because you should be working with a real medical professional.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2016

This man is a quack and thankfully I will never have to see him again as I have found a new family doctor!!!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016