You may also like

Rate Dr. Max Leung

Dr. Max Leung's Ratings

Don't question why he is prescribing something or ask what his plan is for your treatment. I did and got a stupid response of "if I prescribe aspirin, that doesn't mean I am treating you for a headache" and he went on to say that I should write a book on my treatment since I seem to be so knowledgeable and like to look up stuff on the internet. This unprofessional response was due to me asking why he said to me on my previous appointment that he was going to treat my condition a certain way and then when I get the prescription, it is for something that had nothing to do with what we had discussed. Uses retarded analogues which he repeats over and over again to try and drive his point home. Oh, his suggested treatment for fibromyalgia was to dance like a crazy fool for 15 minutes a day. Supposedly a renowned doctor who has treated fibro for 30 years had told him this was the best treatment and that not one of his patients in his 30 years had ever followed his advise. Yikes ... run away if possible.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2870271].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 19, 2015

If I could rate 0 I would how my husband to be as lived this long under his care is beyond me .. can u say quack ..worst doctor I have ever seen...u get him at the walk in go to emerge and wait cause u have more chance ..in getting medical care ...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2867104].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

If you think he is knowledgeable then you must be very healthy.
He is not a good doctor. Switch and you'll see.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2856492].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 5, 2015

This is my first time doing a review on anyone but I just feel I have to give my opinion. How this man stayed a doctor for so many years is a mystery. He is the worse ever. When I told him I needed a medical for my job, he asked me what it was I wanted done. Years later I went to him regarding a head pain which occurred frequently in the same part of my head he got up from his chair, felt the top of my head and said there was nothing wrong. Don't see him if you have depression as you will come out of his office feeling more depressed than ever. If you have a problem the only way to get help is to ask him to see a specialist in a certain field. He is always in a hurry and makes you feel like you should hurry up and leave his office. A new GP is difficult to find but I am trying. I would give him a one star rating.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2839139].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

Been my family doctor for years cannot stand him! Never takes the time to listen, calls all my pain arthritis. Does not even reconize anxiety as a medical disorder. I went to him one day to get something to keep me calm on a plane ride I was taking, and he had the nerve to tell me if it bothers me that much to not take a vacation! To no do things that upset me. NEWS FLASH DOCTOR if I stopped doing things that made me uncomfortable I would stop seeing you! This doctor is not even allowed to prescribe me proper medication to help with my pain. I am such taking this slow release morphine that makes me sick! I asked to be referee to a pain clinic and he practically yelled at me! This doctor does not care for his patience at all. Tired of his papers. Go in there with a constant soreness in my knee and he tells me to jump on it! I had to remind him I have arthritis! Heck with this doctor you have to go in knowing g what is wrong with you and what tests need to be done. I am not a real doctor but I play one at his doctors office!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2819139].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

My Fam Doc for over 25 years. I usually go to urgent care to avoid his stupid insensitive and condesending comments. I am looking for another Doc.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2701470].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2015

To anyone who like Dr. Leung obviously doesn't have major issues medically!! I've had unbearable pain and he looks at me like I'm an idiot and I'm wasting his time!! The scenarios he has is so ridiculous. Stop with your scenarios and come back to earth!! Pretty easy for him not to experience pain when he just runs from room to room and pushes his papers at you. Every time I tell him my problems he totally ignores me and and just types on his computer. ALL my kids dislike him. Too hard to find anyone else. FFS. I was told by him that my MRI's were normal...normal!?! I have blood on my spine, deteriorating disc's, bone degeneration, arthritis, bulging disc's and MULTIPLE cysts on my spine so, apparently this is normal to him. COME ON!! I had to beg for the meds he's even giving me FFS. I had to search for my own back doctor. PRETTY sure that's NOT my job!! Sick and tired of this ... seriously!! Time to retire!!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2634494].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 27, 2014

I saw Dr. Leung in the walk-in for my infant. He had prolonged jaundice and my doctor had told me to bring him in if I thought it was worsening while we waited to see the pedes Dr. I called the walk-in; they were not busy so I brought him right in one day when he was a little off. I explained the issue but the Dr. said that my son wasn't jaundiced and 'why would I think that?'. I told him to look at his bloodwork- he wouldn't listen. He badgered me and treated me like I was stupid. He pointed at a yellow piece of paper and said,'Is he this yellow?' NO? not jaundiced then. When I said he slept a lot (lethargy?), he asked rudely if I thought he was unconscious when he was sleeping. No? Then he's not lethargic. I started to cry in the office and he wouldn't look at my face after that- didn't say anything about the tears running down my face. He gave me a sheet of infant milestones and asked if my son did everything on the list. I said no but he ignored me. Worst experience Ive ever had

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1698020].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2011

Have had multiple issues with this Dr. since the 80's. Most recent is voicing concerns about daughter's breathing from 8 months till now (3 years old). Finally got an x ray a few weeks ago only to find out that she needs to see an ENT so urgently they pushed her in ahead of people that have been waiting months to see him. This is my final straw! I love Diane with all my heart and will greatly miss her, but refuse to take chances with my daughter's life and will be beginning my search for a new GP immediately!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1698019].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 12, 2010

Leung has been my doc for 30 miserable yrs. He'll prescribe any pill you want. He accepts new patients so that his waiting room is always full and that means more OHIP $$ for him. He has never got back to me with the results of an x-ray or blood test he recommended. Funny since I've had 2 herniated discs repaired in the last 5 years. His idea of giving a physical is taking your "BLOOD PRESSURE", a complete joke! I would never recommend him to anyone other that a junkie, because they're the only ones who could appreciate his hand-outs. Tell him you've got GOUT in your foot, and he hands you a piece of paper. He doesn't try to explain anything. He's only interested in getting to the next patient....for more OHIP $$. I would never recomend this glorified medic to anyone! If anyone knows a good doctor who's accepting patients, PLEASE let me know.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1698018].votes_count ]]