Ratings for Dr. Max Leung

He has been my family doctor my whole life, he saved my grandfathers life by sending him for the appropriate tests to diagnose his cancer, as well as my mother and I's life when I was born (according to her) BUT I have always felt uncomfortable around this man, primarily when coming to him with feminine issues. He interrogated me when I wanted to go on birth control about whether or not I was "in love", I'm sorry but that's really not his business. And he seemed very behind the times regarding alternative contraceptive (IUD), saying how many complications there could be ( which is understandable when it was a new thing but they've developed it better and further since then) and going on and on with some story about a plane and a car or something I have no idea. I'm not a child I don't need a bed time story, I need medical advice! I had to request to be transferred to a OB/GYN in order to even have an intelligent conversation about my options (Dr. Nazia Tauseef has been amazing so far). All in all, he seems a little loopy and over the top, better for birthday parties than serious situations in my personal opinion. Doesn't mean he can't save lives I supposed.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

This man has been my family doctor for 25+ years and all I can say is RUN! far away as you can!! Insensitive, rude, condescending, no sound medical advice only antidotes, and stupid jokes that only he laughs at. My teenage daughter refused to see him alone because she could not handle the stupidity that came out of this man's mouth! After being a patient of his for so many years I was ecstatic when I finally found a new family physician! Don't waste your time paying to transfer medical records from Dr. Leung as I was appalled at how little was in my file after 25+ years not to mention that I also found a medical record from another patient in there! Love Diane but this man should not be practicing medicine at all!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

Staff is rude n both try to do minimal to get u in and out of the office. I had a destroyed elbow was told to quit my job and to find a job whr I can twirl a pencil instead as a suggested solution to my problem. If it wasn't for my own foot work I never would have gotten a surgery which I just did in march however three days after surgery was a long weekend and I would have been without pain meds so I contacted doctor max leung to refill my prescription in the morning the secretary proceeded to question me in a way that made me feel like a criminal which would be understandable if I was asking for pain meds without reason but HELLO I just had major arm surgery three days ago, any way needless to say they said ok give us a few hours to fill this out, I was fine with that until the whole day passed I got a call from the pharmacy 30 minutes before they closed saying they just got the go ahead and it would take 20 minutes to fill it out, so I showed up with ten minutes left before closing got my bag of meds got into my vehicle and opened the bag only to see anti inflammatories and nothing else.. ARE U SERIOUS was my reaction. Went the weekend in lightening amounts of pain and I will never go to that office again. He is a bare minimal doctor who doesn't care for his patience at all and u will kinda get the pushy vibe like your asking to many questions when trying to sort yourself out infront of him cause thats what you will be doing with this doctor is allot of guessing and sorting things out yourself. He really is a bad doctor and I wish he would get his medical license revoked for his ignorance and carelessness. I wish him the same pain and feelings I went through when he had the opportunity to help me be at ease. Never felt so disrespected in my life. Stay far away from this place if you care about your health and life.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

Wish I hadn't clicked on ANY of the stars. I used to see this Dr back when I lived in Oshawa. So, curious, I read the reviews below, and fully agree with the posters. This 'doctor' (of what, not sure) is ignorant, insensitive, and provides some stupid and - in my case - potentially dangerous advice. Mine to you is: get far away from this "practitioner" - it is worth travelling anywhere else. I have absolutely NO idea how this jerk keeps on practicing. Where is the Board? Diane (medical assistant) you are a great person and the only professional in that office. My rating for you is low only because you should be working with a real medical professional.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2016

This man is a quack and thankfully I will never have to see him again as I have found a new family doctor!!!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

Don't question why he is prescribing something or ask what his plan is for your treatment. I did and got a stupid response of "if I prescribe aspirin, that doesn't mean I am treating you for a headache" and he went on to say that I should write a book on my treatment since I seem to be so knowledgeable and like to look up stuff on the internet. This unprofessional response was due to me asking why he said to me on my previous appointment that he was going to treat my condition a certain way and then when I get the prescription, it is for something that had nothing to do with what we had discussed. Uses retarded analogues which he repeats over and over again to try and drive his point home. Oh, his suggested treatment for fibromyalgia was to dance like a crazy fool for 15 minutes a day. Supposedly a renowned doctor who has treated fibro for 30 years had told him this was the best treatment and that not one of his patients in his 30 years had ever followed his advise. Yikes ... run away if possible.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2015

If I could rate 0 I would how my husband to be as lived this long under his care is beyond me .. can u say quack ..worst doctor I have ever seen...u get him at the walk in go to emerge and wait cause u have more chance ..in getting medical care ...

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

If you think he is knowledgeable then you must be very healthy. He is not a good doctor. Switch and you'll see.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2015

This is my first time doing a review on anyone but I just feel I have to give my opinion. How this man stayed a doctor for so many years is a mystery. He is the worse ever. When I told him I needed a medical for my job, he asked me what it was I wanted done. Years later I went to him regarding a head pain which occurred frequently in the same part of my head he got up from his chair, felt the top of my head and said there was nothing wrong. Don't see him if you have depression as you will come out of his office feeling more depressed than ever. If you have a problem the only way to get help is to ask him to see a specialist in a certain field. He is always in a hurry and makes you feel like you should hurry up and leave his office. A new GP is difficult to find but I am trying. I would give him a one star rating.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

Been my family doctor for years cannot stand him! Never takes the time to listen, calls all my pain arthritis. Does not even reconize anxiety as a medical disorder. I went to him one day to get something to keep me calm on a plane ride I was taking, and he had the nerve to tell me if it bothers me that much to not take a vacation! To no do things that upset me. NEWS FLASH DOCTOR if I stopped doing things that made me uncomfortable I would stop seeing you! This doctor is not even allowed to prescribe me proper medication to help with my pain. I am such taking this slow release morphine that makes me sick! I asked to be referee to a pain clinic and he practically yelled at me! This doctor does not care for his patience at all. Tired of his papers. Go in there with a constant soreness in my knee and he tells me to jump on it! I had to remind him I have arthritis! Heck with this doctor you have to go in knowing g what is wrong with you and what tests need to be done. I am not a real doctor but I play one at his doctors office!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015