Ratings for Dr. Martha Clendenning

Ive been with Dr Clendenning since I was little. She is simply amazing to me. They offer a clinic after hours if you are unable to get an appointment right away. Ive never had any issues with the staff theyve always been very helpful and always helped me get in as soon as they could. Dr Clendenning has always been very accommodating for myself and my children. She is a doctor who truly loves her patients and wants the best for them. Her staff is wonderful with helping me get in to the clinic or nurse practitioner if i cant get in to see Dr Clendenning. I have three kids and they are always taken care of right away. Sometimes there is a wait but to me its always worth it. Ive never been rushed in her office ever and she has always seen to all my needs and sent me for additional testing when she couldnt answer what exactly was happening

flag | Submitted May 27, 2019

Martha has been our family Dr. for years, yes there are times we have long wait times but she never rushes anyone who has real concerns. If we had more family Dr. in the he area we would not have such long waits. Always listens and gives good advice.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2019

I have had Dr Clendenning for several years now. I really like her and she is helpful. Some of her staff were terrible and there is only one there that needs to be fired. I had pink eye and they tell me to go to emerg. I have allergy pink eye and need drops that Dr. Clendenning prescribes, I do not need the er for this. I started a new med and got a rash and the one staff said it was not allergic reaction, went to drug store and Ben said oh my goodness allergic to sulfa. There have been several incidents. We used to wait three and four hours but now it seems better at about an hour. Trying to get an appointment is almost impossible if you need it right away, tehy say go to er. Overall the office is getting better though

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

I love Martha, she has no problem referring me to a specialist if she doesn't know or wants further testing on how I am feeling, she is a top notch Doctor as far as I am concerned, what needs to be done in that office, 3/4 of the staff needs to be fired, they have one that thinks she is a Doctor and gives out information that she has no business giving out, and the others sit on the frickin but and are nasty as heck, I know when Dr. Moore was there, she was ready to clean house, I believe that Martha just has too many patients to take care of, and doesn't have time for these do nothing but complain and be nasty to take care of them, I have complained to Martha about their attitude and will continue to complain, and I don't care if they all know my name, I have spoken to a couple about their attitude, and they could care less, if they are rude or not..I know if I complain everytime, with how they treat me, and I bring it up, some day/something will be done, this is horrible for Martha, as I know others have complained, but she told me the last time, that things are going to change, or some will not be there any longer, I told her, that I would have no problem, standing up and saying who is not doing their job and being rude to me as a patient, she appreciated to know that, as she wants to get rid of the nasty ones....you go Martha, you are a great Doctor and i love you..

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

Amazing, helpful, will spend the time you need with you and your family.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

I found even when I want to pay for a service that is no longer covered by OHIP LIKE A Prostrate test ( I'm 49. And have history of prostrate cancer in family) I was told no . Why I'm paying for the test what is the issue . I wanted to benchmark my results in case as I age I get prostrate issues . Long wait times . Reluctant to refer outside Chatham .

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

The disgrace of medicine. 0 punctuality and staff and Doctor no manners. Unfortunate that there is no competition when it comes to doctors

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

I have had Dr. Clendenning as my family Dr. since birth, which is essentially the same as having no doctor at all. I've had to go to CKHA emergency for almost everything because it's impossible to get an appointment within a time period that would actually be useful. When I have made appointments it's usually a 3 hour waiting period( not great for booking off work because you still have to check in on time or you lose your spot. Oh and don't let them catch you slip across the street for timmys). She hasn't really helped me with anything and infact has misdiagnosed me. Pill pushing seems to be a way to get you out of her office so she doesn't have to spend the time to figure out what the real issue may be because if her prescriptions don't work for you at least you can't come bother her about it because it will be another couple of months before you could even get an appointment to talk to her. The receptionists are rude and unpleasant just to top it off. Needless to say I shopping for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2015

To start, Martha's staff are horrendous. They are not friendly, everyone can give a fake smile. They make you feel inferior and they eat constantly sitting at that desk. There should not be food visible on the counter in a physician's office. I worked in health care for many years, and also for a family physician. He was very strict and had a system for his practice. Martha's is too lacksadasickle. Her wait times are so long, because she wastes time and talks too much about the locals, especially to the seniors and farmers. I know because my dad is one and spends half an hour talking to her about the weather and the crops! She likes seniors, which is fine, but socialize outside the office. She waffles in her decision making and many times made the wrong one. I feel her confidence is lacking. She likes her paycheck also and does put in long hours, but I feel she puts this on herself. I was fortunate enough to only have seen her very little when my Dr. was Peter Green - bless his soul. I got another Dr. when he retired. I am glad I no longer see Dr. Martha and do not recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2015

Next to impossible to get an appt. with her. The staff member answering the phone (who isn't always a nurse) tends to triage you over the phone and determine how quickly you need to be seen. You are generally told to go to Emerg. If you ARE given an appt. it is generally a few weeks to a month or two away. When appt. day finally rolls around, you are generally "greeted" by unpleasant staff who act as if you are interrupting their day. It appears they would rather sit and gossip and snack than interact with patients. Then, be prepared to wait for a couple of hours in the waiting room before getting into an exam room, where the waiting begins again! The wait times are insane. If you ask around the waiting room there is generally more than one person with the same appt. time with the same doctor. I understand her time is important, but so is the patient's who is waiting to see her. If it weren't so difficult to get in with another family doctor, I would!! I generally find her very hesitant to order any testing or make any referrals, even when she can't tell you what your problem might be. Generally, multiple visits are required before anything gets done. (Unless you are able to go in and tell her exactly what you want)! I have lost all confidence in her. I visited her 3 times in a matter of about 6-7 months, always with the same symptoms. She did not want to do any investigating, offered some lame suggestions each visit and sent me on my way. Finally, I chose just to go to Emerg. Spent 10 days in hospital and was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer. I'm now living in a whole new world.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2015