Ratings for Dr. Angelo D. Michilli

I can't believe how many complaints about the office staff I'm seeing. My biggest piece of advice is to take these negative comments with a grain of salt. You can't make everyone happy...but I personally know 11 people (yes! 11!) who either see Dr. Michilli or Dr. Nyer. I just did my research and asked all of them (who vary in age, husband/wives who have been in the practice for decades, my husband and I who have been patients for a couple of years, my good friend who has been seeing him for about 10 years who now also has her 20 year old son seeing Dr. Michilli as well...the list goes on). None of us have a problem, period. Dr. Michilli is so kind, wonderful. and intelligent. Also really funny! Speaks fluent Italian (if that's something that applies to you). Really knows what he's talking about and I fully recommend him as a doctor as well as just a genuine, trustworthy guy in general. You get seen the same day, the staff is super knowledgeable and dedicated, it's clean and comfortable and everyone is competent. The "owner's wife" is Esther (don't be disrespectful, she has a name). She's blunt, straight forward, and will fight with other offices not doing their jobs to get you the medical care you need. If I'm being completely honest she is a little hard to talk to sometimes because she's so fast paced BUT that's because she (as well as everyone else in the office) runs the office 10 times better than any other doctor's office I have ever been to. The work these people put out the work of an office twice their size. If I had as much to do I'd get straight to the point as well! Her personality does not blend with every single person ever., no...but something tells me that the patients leaving these reviews are just as unpleasant as they're claiming the office staff is. Both doctors hold out many afternoon spots to see sick patients the same day, but just as any other office, they have rules and regulations to go by. The office staff are people just like you and I, and if you walk into the office or give them a call and treat them respectfully and nicely (like you SHOULD be doing in the first place) they will return that same consideration. Call up and be an asshole? Demand things of them they are not allowed to do by office policy? Refuse to understand that sometimes you can't get the exact appointment at the exact time and date that you specifically request and yea, maybe you'll get a little attitude. I'm not an asshole, so I can't personally confirm that. What I'm saying is don't miss out on a great doctor just because some sour grapes probably want everything to go exactly their way all the time or else they freak out. Meet them halfway and I promise, both the staff AND Dr. Michilli will greatly appreciate the effort on your part and will do their best to accommodate you in the ways you need.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

Dr Michilli is a very caring and knowledgeable Doctor. He has been treating my mother for well over 20 years, She has many pathologies and Dr Michilli has been able to take good care of her.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2015

I have nothing but great things to say about both Dr. Michilli and the office staff. I have been a patient for a few years and have no complaints. Dr. Michilli will not go to bed at night without returning every single phone call from the day. Sometimes I get my blood results at 7:30am or 9:30pm b/c that is when he finally has free time to call. I am fine with that! The office staff is very helpful with insurance issues, referrals and the like. I highly recommend!!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Michilli for over 13 years. His medical knowledge is superb. He is a doctor's doctor. He is compassionate, thorough, and for this reason I highly recommend him to others. He always calls back promptly with results. Unfortunately, the office staff is not professional and at times extremely rude. They speak to the patients and the physicians inappropriately .

flag | Submitted August 15, 2014

Reading the comments on this website tells me a lot about the people writing them. Leaving disgruntle comments, steering future patient away from amazing care. Myself and many of my family members are patients of the practice. We receive nothing but remarkable health care and respect from both the doctors and office staff. Someone is always available to listen and help. When I leave a message I can always expect a call back from the doctor. I never have to call for results, I am always contacted. I have never visited an office with such quick responses to referrals, authorizations, insurance problems, etc. When I am sick I am seen the same day. I have nothing but great things to say about my visits.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Dr. Michilli is very good in all respects, but unfortunately the way the office is run undermines his willingness and ability to help the patients the way I know he would like to. The owners wife, head of the office, is emotionally challenged and abusive to everyone. Please brake free Angelo.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2013

Dr. Michilli has been my family doctor for several years and I do agree with most of the assessments that other patients have given on him, including him being a great caring doctor. His partner and his wife on the other hand are better siuted for the ASPCA, they are rude to the patients and thier staff have also learned to be the same way. Dr. Michelli should really leave and start his own practice, he would be much more successful without them.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2013

Great Doctor who is competent and friendly. He is very thorough and takes time to ensure you understand all of his diagnosis. The staff on the other hand wouldn't be capable of working for a McDonald's counter.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2013

Dr. michilli is a such a great doctor, I really trust everything he says and he always takes the time to find out what exactly is wrong. However, the receptionist at the front desk (with the red hair) is extremely rude and I have personally witnessed her cursing in front of the patients, including me. She is entirely inappropriate and I don't think that she knows what professionalism actually means. I an actually thinking about leaving the practice due to the rude and abrasive front staff.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2013

Dr. Michilli is one of the best Dr.'s I have had, unfortunately the staff is very rude and abrasive, just because your husband owns the practice doesnt give you the right to be so nasty....I'm looking for another PCP as I cannot deal with this womans attitude any more. Dr. Michilli should consider going on his own I'm sure all his patients will follow.

Submitted October 3, 2012

Dr. Angelo D. Michilli's Credentials

• New York College Of Osteo Medicine Of New York Institute Of Technology (Grad. 1992)