Ratings for Dr. Patrick O'Grady

I have been a patient of Dr o"grady for about 10 years now. he didn't seem to bad of a Dr. at first but now he"s really starting to slack of and Don"t seem to want to help his patients to much. pretty goddamn bad when you got to ask him to send you for blood work or to see a specialist when you shouldn't have to. he"s the Dr and he should know if and when you need to be seen by a specialist. my health is not the very best and he Don"t seem to care one goddamn bit after a bad accident I had years ago...I"m in angony with alot of pain every goddamn day and when I go to see him it seems like he could care less. he just seems to try and pass it off. he just trys to get you in and out of his office as fast as he can..he"s just there for the paycheck as far as I"m 😟 concern...as far as his secretary ( Beth ) she"s a poor excuse for a secretary. that goddamn phone is always of the hook. can"t even get through there to make and Apointment. have to send my daughter up to make one for me while she"s sitting there doing nothing but on that goddamn computer. ..Sandra was bad enough but she would get you in if nessary to see the Dr. ..with Beth she couldn't care if you were dying she"'ll still make you wait 6-8 weeks to get in..time for them to ship up or ship out..so GODDAMN fed up especially when your in alot of angony with pain and he Don"t even care or know what to do for you...SO GODDAMN DISGUSTED 😑😑

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

Been my doctor for many years. Very difficult to get an appointment and doesn't follow up. Phone line is always busy and only accepts calls 1 hour in the a.m. and 1 hour in the afternoon. New receptionist is rude and cold.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2015

Not responsive or very good at following up on promises to do so. This is the same for the office staff and the doctor. There is a professional expectation of being able to effectively manage a patient workload that does not appear to be met from our experience with him. He is not our family doctor but he is for our parents. There is no comparison to the service we get through our GP and what they get so it is not because this is a problem of busy pace with all doctors.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

Great doctor! Terrible receptionist! Phone is always off the hook. I've been trying for 3 weeks straight calling to make an appointment for my daughter and it's always busy. Common sense to have the phone on the hook for patients to contact the doctor!!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

I have had doctor ogrady for a long time.like seriously, Sandra was bad enough. But this one ( beth) takes the cake. Phone always buzy. I think its off the hook.pretty bad have to send someone up to make an appointment. & wait 3weeks or more, it wouldnt matter if you were dying. Ridiculious. As for him. Not a bad doctor. But i have had better. Got to keep reminding him of specalist. Half the time he forgets. And i think beth does not pass him the messages. He has to get rid of her & find someone else. Terrible receptionist.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2015

I was a patient of Dr.O'Grady's when I was a child up until I moved to Halifax when I was 20. Upon my return home I resumed seeing him as my doctor. He is terrible as is his staff. Good luck getting through to his receptionist on the phone, next to impossible. I've sat there waiting to see the doctor and witnessed her numerous times just letting the phone ring,ring, ring and not pick up. Also, when you finally do get an appointment (which may take 6-8 weeks) you're gonna be waiting a long time in the waiting area. Why book appointment every 10 minutes starting at 9 when you don't even show up until 10? Finally, when you do get to see him he doesn't seem interested of concerned and I often get the whole "if it happens again come see me", well, I'm sorry but the reason I am here now and waited sooo long to see you is because I have or had said problem and waiting again seems very counter productive. Ridiculous excuse for a doctor in my opinion.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

3 hour lunch breaks,3weeks for an appointment,2 hour wait in his office,phony receptionist who pretends she cares about people when all she really cares about is the paycheck in and out as fast as the bad Doctor can.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2014

Nice doctor an all but he's only in it for the money.. takes 3 weeks to get an apt. No matter how bad the problen is I would rather deal with my health myself then wait a month for an apt an wait 2.5 hours to get in to seebhim wouldn't reccomend him to anyone

flag | Submitted January 24, 2014

For one I think it's funny the phone is turned off at 11 for lunch until 130 ,that's a long lunch if u as me.Dont look good for the Doctor. Then whe u do try to call it's always busy which I don't understand cuz I always speed dial it. And the same thing after lunch and turned off at 330 .So O'grady talk to ur staff on that . And pls make sure ur getting ur message half the time. As for the good old doctor I think he's good ,and like someone said if he don't know he's Looking in the big book,we'll I rather him looking in a book then guessing.Hes been helpful with me and my condition the last yr.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2013

Dr.O'grady has been my physician since I was a child, hes very easy to ttalk to and get along with. Considering theres a shortage of doctors in ns, we are very lucky to have him. I never have to wait for an appt, sandra gets me in usually the day i call or within the week. Very knowledgable and honest.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2013