Ratings for Dr. Kristian Davis

He's direct, honest, logical & compassionate. Excellent with children and the elderly, everyone really. He's a no-nonsense man which I respect and appreciate. He applies common sense to his medical advice.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2016

I went in to RVH for a minor headache that wasn't going away. Dr. Davis attended me and was extremely thorough in asking very specific questions about my medical past, family history, medications etc. He ordered bloodwork, xray and a CAT scan. He found a very small broken vessel in my brain which would of lead to a stroke. He frankly saved my life. Thank you Dr. Davis!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015

Kristian is one of the best medical professionals that I have ever dealt with.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2015

Dr. Davis treated my wife for a radial fracture in his wrist. During that time, he diagnosed and put my wife in a cast, while fully explaining her condition, reasonable expectations and time lines, all while conducting a learning session for one of his colleagues. When it comes to my wife's care, I can be overtly critical and I couldn't find a fault with our interactions with Dr. Davis, if I tried. He and the entire staff were an absolute savior in an otherwise unfortunate circumstance.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

Dr. Davis is a very hard Dr. to rate. If a patient can get past his arrogance, rudeness and sarcastic tone you might, although not to sure, find a competent physician. My family has been fortunate to live near and been able to receive treatment at RVH over the years. Without fail we and everyone we know who has had any interaction with Dr. Davis comes away upset. My stepfather, now deceased, who unfortunately made many necessary visits to the RVH ER often said "if Dr. Davis is on shift, please take me home". Dr. Davis is a bad reflection on what we consider to be a first rate hospital.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

Sometimes nice, most of the time he is rude. Better with women and children (sometimes). This weekend my husband brought our little guy in - he had a blister on his thumb he broke open and it got all nasty and looked infected. We don't have a family doctor so off to emerg! My husband said Davis asked how it happened, who burned him, and "is his mother still in the picture?" My husband started to explain it was a blister that broke and got inflamed, not a burn and Davis said, "I am not asking you, I am asking him" (meaning our 5 year old son), who of course says "I don't remember." Got a prescription cream, and it seems to be healing up a bit, but the instant implication my husband must have hurt him is just infuriating. And we are clean, well-dressed, educated - can you imagine how he must treat the less fortunate? Just a jerk, plain and simple. RVH has a great PR machine, HORRIBLE emerg care - go to Arnprior, much better!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2014

Put me on the right path to treating my broken arm, very professional and helpful. I'm not sure where all the negative reviews are coming from, but this is the brightest doctor I've met, with the kind of "Tell it how it is" attitude. We need more of these doctors who treat an ER like an ER, not a place to whine over minor injuries. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2013

This man is dangerous. He misdiagnosed my elderly mother. She went in to the hospital by ambulance with extreme pain in her legs, and after 6 hours he sent her home with tylenol, saying she had a pinched nerve. We knew it was not a pinched nerve, and when we went back to the hospital the next morning she was rushed by ambulance for emergency surgery in Ottawa where she almost lost her leg (and her life) because of the delay in treating the blood clot! She was hospitalized for 6 weeks and spent the next 6 months healing from the serious surgery. A simple test would have confirmed our fears, but the minute we suggested to him what we thought the problem was his arrogance kicked in and he would not perform the test. If he is on call at Renfrew Hospital, take the extra time and drive to Ottawa for care.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2011

I went to the hospital with a very painfull swollen infected finger. Davis came in and looked at my finger and then then proceeded to ask me if I was a tough guy . I didn't quite know how to respond to that question . He then proceeded to slice my finger open with a scalpal without freezing and squeeze my finger forcefully a number of times. This caused me incredible pain .I pulled my hand away a couple of times because I couldn't stand the pain and all he did was make a couple of sarcastic remarks . This man has no bedside manner and showed a total lack of compasion for my discomfort. If this man treats me this way there must be alot of others with complaints . This is also a poor reflection on the RVH to allow a doctor to practice this way .

flag | Submitted July 18, 2011

I wont go to the ER if this is the doctor on call. He is not good, he will most likely send you back out the door, after waiting hours to see him. He's not helpful, doesn't really care, is rude, zero bedside manner.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2011