Ratings for Dr. Janet McKay

Janet REFUSES to do yearly physicals on my CHILDREN once they are over the age of 5!! I am told they don't need one unless I suspect something is wrong with them. WHAT?!?! She is phony and uncaring. I will be looking for a new family doctor.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Dr. McKay has been my physician for 20 years. She is an absolute gem. I am always impressed by her knowledge, kindness and care. She always takes the time to listen and is extremely thorough with her patient records. She is always on top,of things and constantly strives to learn more. I always feel heard and well taken care of and I trust her completely. Excellent doctor!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

Her office is never open and can't get through to make appts. I end up going to a walk in clinic and there discovered a great Dr who is also a patient of Dr McKay's...his wife has cancer and he has trouble getting her in to see Dr McKay as well! Brutal care provided. I have a met with a legal team to discuss my concerns with her care and the result her actions have cause me. Stay away! Her secretary is a total witch! Her nurse seems ok, definitely not over friendly by any means. Janet is friendly enough but her lack of hours and availability, knowledge, follow up and overall management of her business are dreadful.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2016

Been wanting to leave this review for quite a while now. I am no longer a patient of Dr. McKay's and wasn't her patient for too long. I left for a new Dr after constantly trying to make appointments for my daughter who had numerous ear infections when she was younger. The secretary always asked if she had a fever or was throwing up and if I answered "yes" to either of these questions I was told to go to a walk in clinic or to the hospital!!! Her rule was not to see anyone who was contagious! SHE'S A DOCTOR...or is supposed to be!!! I had a great doctor for my whole life, until he retired. I wish my children could have had a doctor like him. I was never, ever told to go to a walk in clinic.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

The receptionist/nurse is extremely rude on the phone. I don't ubderstand how McKay doesn't find a nice pleasant person who actually enjoys the job. Dr. McKay herself is pretty helpful for the most part. Always friendly and listens when you actually get to speak to her!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2016

Trying to get in to see my family doctor for over a year and I have yet to be able to schedule an appointment or a return phone call.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

Been going to Dr. McKay since 1995. Couldnt ask for a better doctor. She worked emergency for several years before private so got a high degree of experience in diagnostics and compassion.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2016

Won't see you if you're contagious or if you do get in, she is terrible at diagnosis. But she's go at passing you off to someone else.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

I find Dr. McKay and her staff Louise to both be very professional. I have never had to wait more than a couple of minutes before my appointments. I go with a prepared list of questions and appreciate that Dr. McKay will answer each one and does not waste my time on small talk. She does not hesitate to refer to a specialist if needed. She has also called me at home with test results or to follow up on my care. I have always found her easy to talk to, upbeat and very professional. I would not hesitate to recommend her.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2015

IF YOU HAVE THE SNIFFLES, THIS DOC IS OK. ANYTHING MUCH MORE THAN THAT CONFUSES HER AND FRUSTRATES HER. SHE HAS BEEN KNOWN TO 'FIRE' HER PATIENTS FOR ANY QUESTIONING OF HER METHODOLOGY OR TREATMENTS. SHE WILL ALSO FIRE THEM IF THEY ARE OLDER AND HAVE COMPLEX AGING RELATED PROBLEMS. HER RECEPTIONIST MARIANNE HAS CONSTANTLY BEEN BLATANTLY FRIENDLY TO THE YOUNGER PATIENTS WITH BABIES AND HER FRIENDS WHO DOCTOR IN THE OFFICE. SHE HAS BEEN EXTREMELY SHORT AND RUDE TO OTHER CLIENTS FOR UNKNOWN REASONS. I WOULDN'T REFER MY ENEMIES TO THIS OFFICE. THERE ALSO DOESN'T SEEM TO EVER, EVER BE MALE PATIENTS IN THE OFFICE. MAKES ONE WONDER ESPECIALLY WHEN HAVING OBSERVED OR EXPERIENCED THE OFFICE POLITICS MYSELF. THIS DOCTOR ALSO SEEMS TO HAVE SOME PERSONALITY OR PSYCHIATRIC PROBLEMS OF HER OWN. SHE WILL BEHAVE OVERLY HAPPY AND FRIENDLY AT SOME APPOINTMENTS AND DOWN RIGHT COLD AND DISMISSIVE AT OTHER APPOINTMENTS. MY GOODNESS, I DIDN'T REALIZE HOW AWFUL IT WAS UNTIL I LEFT AND HAVE FOUND A WONDERFUL DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2015