Ratings for Dr. Janet McKay

I have been a patient of Dr. McKay since I was a baby. Her receptionist is disrespectful and rude every time I call or visit. Dr. McKay is great, and respectful but trying to get in to see her is way too difficult.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2018

I have been going to Dr. McKay since I was a teenager (roughly 25 years). I have always been treated with the utmost respect and kindness. I have never had an issue with her as my doctor: during my teen years, during my pregnancies, and now my own child is a patient in her practice as well. The new assistant/receptionist is wonderful and friendly. I have never had an issue with getting an appointment, even same day! I feel truly lucky to have such a wonderful doctor in this day-and-age, when multi-doctor clinics seem to be the way of the future.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2018

My husband has been having problems with his health for quite some time and can never get in to see Dr McKay. She saw him a few months ago and pretty much dismissed him, telling him to come back in a few months for more testing. He has been calling her for the past week trying to get a hold of her, and they never answer the phone. He has left messages and she never calls back. She is the worst doctor we have ever encountered and I don't understand how she is still a practicing physician in Ontario. It seems like she has little respect for her patients.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018

Dr Mc Kay has looked after my family for 17 years and is nothing short of wonderful. I feel so fortunate to have such a sympathetic, informed caregiver. She’s the absolute best

flag | Submitted February 21, 2018

Janet REFUSES to do yearly physicals on my CHILDREN once they are over the age of 5!! I am told they don't need one unless I suspect something is wrong with them. WHAT?!?! She is phony and uncaring. I will be looking for a new family doctor.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Dr. McKay has been my physician for 20 years. She is an absolute gem. I am always impressed by her knowledge, kindness and care. She always takes the time to listen and is extremely thorough with her patient records. She is always on top,of things and constantly strives to learn more. I always feel heard and well taken care of and I trust her completely. Excellent doctor!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

Her office is never open and can't get through to make appts. I end up going to a walk in clinic and there discovered a great Dr who is also a patient of Dr McKay's...his wife has cancer and he has trouble getting her in to see Dr McKay as well! Brutal care provided. I have a met with a legal team to discuss my concerns with her care and the result her actions have cause me. Stay away! Her secretary is a total witch! Her nurse seems ok, definitely not over friendly by any means. Janet is friendly enough but her lack of hours and availability, knowledge, follow up and overall management of her business are dreadful.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2016

Been wanting to leave this review for quite a while now. I am no longer a patient of Dr. McKay's and wasn't her patient for too long. I left for a new Dr after constantly trying to make appointments for my daughter who had numerous ear infections when she was younger. The secretary always asked if she had a fever or was throwing up and if I answered "yes" to either of these questions I was told to go to a walk in clinic or to the hospital!!! Her rule was not to see anyone who was contagious! SHE'S A DOCTOR...or is supposed to be!!! I had a great doctor for my whole life, until he retired. I wish my children could have had a doctor like him. I was never, ever told to go to a walk in clinic.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

The receptionist/nurse is extremely rude on the phone. I don't ubderstand how McKay doesn't find a nice pleasant person who actually enjoys the job. Dr. McKay herself is pretty helpful for the most part. Always friendly and listens when you actually get to speak to her!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2016

Trying to get in to see my family doctor for over a year and I have yet to be able to schedule an appointment or a return phone call.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016