Ratings for Dr. Wrensford Simmonds

Dr Simmonds is the single best doctor I've had in my 40 plus years. I have been a patient of his office since the old location and moved with him, despite it being further away. He is an amazing listener, always cognizant of ones issues. He never guesses at possible ails, but is thorough in his examination, sending for blood tests, or referring to specialists whenever needed. I've noticed some complaints about punctuality - this is because he is thorough, and despite many doctors implementing a 1 issue per visit, he is aware that no one has time to be visiting all the time, and tends to all of your needs. Once, when I was sick with pneumonia, he came into the office on a Sunday, and called to ensure that I was alright and that I was indeed taking the medication as required. He is a trusted professional and despite the fact that he is now Doctor to my mother, father, daughter and her mother, and mother in law, he has never, ever breached Doctor, client confidentiality. Trust is the cornerstone of comfort with a medical practitioner, and I trust Dr Simmonds with my life and those of my family. Literally. I can't say enough good about him. I can't, for the life of me, figure out how I will become comfortable with another Doctor upon his retirement. Yet and still, I continue to refer friends in need of a great doctor. He is simply the best.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

After 16 plus years, and the birth of 3 children, I will NEVER go back to this doctor. Long waits, misdiagnosis, lack of care in his attitude, doesn't like when you bring in any forms. One thing is misdiagnosing my knee. If I had not gone to a walk in clinic I would have never known how bad my knee was and that it needed torn ligament surgery. Instead of listening to his patients, he comes up with his own personal assumption and then proceeds to lecture. Each visit is a waist of time and nothing gets accomplished. Yes you can have a laugh and convos with him, however at the end of the day he's a doctor not a counsellor or an authority of peoples life nor is he your friend. His job is to tend to patients in the right way and this doctor lacks the ability. I find him a danger to peoples health. On my most recent visit I brought forms to him which was needed for my work insurance, and he told me in a very rude way not to waste his time. I was the one who had wasted my time (even more so with the long waits) and have been doing so far too many years and I will never go back to seeing him again. If free health care in this country means terrible service then I will rather pay.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2016

Dr. Simmonds is a wonderful human being, he is very patient, listens to what you have to say makes you laugh when you are feeling down, he is very caring and will make sure to get to the the point of what your problem is and will do his best to send you to other doctors who care for his patients just like him, I know that from experience, the doctors I have been to all speak very highly of him and believe me that's a good feeling to get from them. l met Dr. Simmonds through my mom and my husband and have not been disappointed at all my whole family is with him even my grand children. You may have a little wait to see him but that's how you tell how he cares, he listen to what you have to sayand don't rush you out of the room. I used to live close in the area now I live in Mississauga. I can move how far away and I won't give him up, his staff they are very wonderful people very helpful, big hearts love them all. Respect, Patient, Caring, Helpful,

flag | Submitted November 29, 2016

Doc Simmonds is not only a fantastic family Doctor but also a wonderful human being who cares deeply about every one of his patients.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

He is a busy guy and he believes in teaching. He has been my doctor for over 30 years and I totally trust him

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Simmonds for over 20 years (I'm in my 40's now). I use to live quite close to his office which was convenient. I moved more than 30 km away 12 years ago and still make the drive to see him!! He is also sees both my children and they refuse to see any other doctor. He is very high in demand, so the wait may be a bit long; but it is worth the wait. He listens to your concerns and doesn't give you any BS that the new age doctors are doing (only 1 issue per visit). My family loves Dr. Simmonds and have absolutely nothing negative to say. Except I wish he would move his office to peel region. Stacey S

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

Dr. Simmonds is the worst doctor I have ever met. You will wait a few hours before getting called into the exam room. In the 10+ years that I saw him, I never once received complete blood work for my physical. A physical to him was checking my BP, ears, listening to my breathing and an occasional PAP. My husband also went to him with some swallowing issues. Was told "must be your thyroid", and was referred to 3 different gastroenterologists. This was 15 months ago. Do you think we have received that referral yet? NO! And of course he didn't do blood work. Guess what? My husband turned out having stage 4 cancer. A walk in clinic is more helpful than this fool. Do not go to him if you value your health and well being.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

I left my previous doctor after nearly 30th years and made the decision to see Dr. Simmonds, it was not a easy decision, but certainly the right decision. Dr. Simmonds is a excellent Doctor, the wait can be long (bring a book), but it is because he really cares about his patients and takes the time with each and every one.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

Doctor Simmonds has been my family doctor since I was a young lad. I have been with this doctor for around 20 years and he has been nothing shy of the uttermost excellence to say the least. On top of being extremely friendly and a very warm kind of personality, he is very knowledgeable (as one should expect from a GP with this many years experience). As most have mentioned before I, this doctor will take his time with diagnosis in order to get everything right. So naturally, wait times can take a while. Otherwise he is an excellent practitioner and I wish more GPs and other health professionals had his qualities.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2015

Too Much on his hands...patients are being neglected. Important referrals never given better luck at a walk-in clinic. Greed has become more important than patients....so disappointed after 12 years as my Doctor I will now be looking for a new MD.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2015