Ratings for Dr. Wrensford Simmonds

He is a busy guy and he believes in teaching. He has been my doctor for over 30 years and I totally trust him

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Simmonds for over 20 years (I'm in my 40's now). I use to live quite close to his office which was convenient. I moved more than 30 km away 12 years ago and still make the drive to see him!! He is also sees both my children and they refuse to see any other doctor. He is very high in demand, so the wait may be a bit long; but it is worth the wait. He listens to your concerns and doesn't give you any BS that the new age doctors are doing (only 1 issue per visit). My family loves Dr. Simmonds and have absolutely nothing negative to say. Except I wish he would move his office to peel region. Stacey S

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

Dr. Simmonds is the worst doctor I have ever met. You will wait a few hours before getting called into the exam room. In the 10+ years that I saw him, I never once received complete blood work for my physical. A physical to him was checking my BP, ears, listening to my breathing and an occasional PAP. My husband also went to him with some swallowing issues. Was told "must be your thyroid", and was referred to 3 different gastroenterologists. This was 15 months ago. Do you think we have received that referral yet? NO! And of course he didn't do blood work. Guess what? My husband turned out having stage 4 cancer. A walk in clinic is more helpful than this fool. Do not go to him if you value your health and well being.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

I left my previous doctor after nearly 30th years and made the decision to see Dr. Simmonds, it was not a easy decision, but certainly the right decision. Dr. Simmonds is a excellent Doctor, the wait can be long (bring a book), but it is because he really cares about his patients and takes the time with each and every one.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

Doctor Simmonds has been my family doctor since I was a young lad. I have been with this doctor for around 20 years and he has been nothing shy of the uttermost excellence to say the least. On top of being extremely friendly and a very warm kind of personality, he is very knowledgeable (as one should expect from a GP with this many years experience). As most have mentioned before I, this doctor will take his time with diagnosis in order to get everything right. So naturally, wait times can take a while. Otherwise he is an excellent practitioner and I wish more GPs and other health professionals had his qualities.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2015

Too Much on his hands...patients are being neglected. Important referrals never given better luck at a walk-in clinic. Greed has become more important than patients....so disappointed after 12 years as my Doctor I will now be looking for a new MD.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2015

Dr. Simmonds has been my GP for close to 20 years. He is kind, compassionate, and gives each patient as much as they need. Yes, this results in far longer than usual wait times, but when you realize that everyone else is getting the time he is giving you, it is understandable. I now know that the best thing to do is call and find out how long the average wait time is, and arrive accordingly, especially as I am now travelling 90km one way for an appointment. He takes Family Medicine back to a time where community matters. Bless him!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

My doctor for 15 years, you may have to wait but that is because he actually spends the time required with his patients. You wont find a conveyor belt here, he is thorough and has a a great personaloty

flag | Submitted October 19, 2014

When I found out I was expecting, my husband asked me to switch doctors from the physician my family and I had had for decades to Dr. Simmonds. Though I had never had a problem with my own doctor, I knew the switch was important to my husband so I conceded. I could not have made a better decision. From the very first visit, Dr. Simmonds made me feel comfortable and at ease. His easy charm, sharp wit, and understanding nature endeared me to him as it has with most of his patients. He saw me through my pregnancy, recommended a fantastic OBGYN, and then welcomed our daughter with open arms, treating her more like a treasured gift than a patient. Though you must often wait to see him, you KNOW he will give you his undivided attention and not try to push you out the door. He is proactive and listens to you when you make suggestions regarding your care. My family and I couldn't be happier to have him as our physician, and we wish him health, happiness and hopefully a long career.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2013

Dr. Simmonds is not a "good" but an "excellent" doctor, primarily because he is a "listener" and (like an excellent mechanic) is able to diagnose. Recently, he has been able to diagnose a problem missed by several other doctors, including two specialists. I am also enamoured by the fact that he continues to attend conferences, etc. and keep abreast of advances in the medical field. He also appears not to be challenged by other consultations and is not hesitant to make referrals when he deems them necessary. I am also giving him a "thumbs up" for sharing his skills and knowledge by mentoring students in his field. My hope is that he continues to take good care of his health so that he will be able to continue to help others for a long time in the future. His "wait" in the office is well worth it as he gives you his full attention when it's your turn. He does not, as my other doctor does, restrict you to a maximum of 2 issues.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2011