Ratings for Dr. Wrensford Simmonds

Simply put - Dr Simmonds is the best However, the receptionist is horrible hence the two 1 star ratings (Staff & Punctuality) Not uncommon to wait 2-3-4 hours for a SCHEDULED appointment - & be chastised if you dare ask how long it will be, Patient flow an area his receptionist fails to manage be it due to overbooking or simple lack of skill Do not ask this lady a question as her response is toned with sarcasm - - not sure the other patients in the office need to hear what my weight is OR about the blood test requisition Want to stress the Dr is excellent but the front of the office is lacking in professionalism

flag | Submitted November 29, 2018

professional, knowledgeable, kind, empathetic, humorous, outstanding, I have not had a doctor of this high caliber

flag | Submitted July 10, 2018

Outstanding medical professional who takes the time to listen, understand and diagnose with thoughtfulness, attentiveness, experience and expertise. I highly recommend.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2018

This gentleman is a kind, professional, caring physician!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2018

Dr. Simmonds is a great doctor. He cares and takes his time with each patient (hence, not so punctual), but he is worth the wait.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

He is the worst - very uncaring- wait times too long so he can shove more money in his pocket - never again will I go to bim

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

Dr Simmonds is the single best doctor I've had in my 40 plus years. I have been a patient of his office since the old location and moved with him, despite it being further away. He is an amazing listener, always cognizant of ones issues. He never guesses at possible ails, but is thorough in his examination, sending for blood tests, or referring to specialists whenever needed. I've noticed some complaints about punctuality - this is because he is thorough, and despite many doctors implementing a 1 issue per visit, he is aware that no one has time to be visiting all the time, and tends to all of your needs. Once, when I was sick with pneumonia, he came into the office on a Sunday, and called to ensure that I was alright and that I was indeed taking the medication as required. He is a trusted professional and despite the fact that he is now Doctor to my mother, father, daughter and her mother, and mother in law, he has never, ever breached Doctor, client confidentiality. Trust is the cornerstone of comfort with a medical practitioner, and I trust Dr Simmonds with my life and those of my family. Literally. I can't say enough good about him. I can't, for the life of me, figure out how I will become comfortable with another Doctor upon his retirement. Yet and still, I continue to refer friends in need of a great doctor. He is simply the best.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

After 16 plus years, and the birth of 3 children, I will NEVER go back to this doctor. Long waits, misdiagnosis, lack of care in his attitude, doesn't like when you bring in any forms. One thing is misdiagnosing my knee. If I had not gone to a walk in clinic I would have never known how bad my knee was and that it needed torn ligament surgery. Instead of listening to his patients, he comes up with his own personal assumption and then proceeds to lecture. Each visit is a waist of time and nothing gets accomplished. Yes you can have a laugh and convos with him, however at the end of the day he's a doctor not a counsellor or an authority of peoples life nor is he your friend. His job is to tend to patients in the right way and this doctor lacks the ability. I find him a danger to peoples health. On my most recent visit I brought forms to him which was needed for my work insurance, and he told me in a very rude way not to waste his time. I was the one who had wasted my time (even more so with the long waits) and have been doing so far too many years and I will never go back to seeing him again. If free health care in this country means terrible service then I will rather pay.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2016

Dr. Simmonds is a wonderful human being, he is very patient, listens to what you have to say makes you laugh when you are feeling down, he is very caring and will make sure to get to the the point of what your problem is and will do his best to send you to other doctors who care for his patients just like him, I know that from experience, the doctors I have been to all speak very highly of him and believe me that's a good feeling to get from them. l met Dr. Simmonds through my mom and my husband and have not been disappointed at all my whole family is with him even my grand children. You may have a little wait to see him but that's how you tell how he cares, he listen to what you have to sayand don't rush you out of the room. I used to live close in the area now I live in Mississauga. I can move how far away and I won't give him up, his staff they are very wonderful people very helpful, big hearts love them all. Respect, Patient, Caring, Helpful,

flag | Submitted November 29, 2016

Doc Simmonds is not only a fantastic family Doctor but also a wonderful human being who cares deeply about every one of his patients.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016