Ratings for Dr. Mohan Merchea

Any opthalmologist will fix most cataracts (cash cow). Not all will take the time to address concerns about your eyesight (not related to cataracts). Unfortunately, Dr. Merchea is not the latter and appointments with him felt like Russian Roulette.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2017

Thank you Dr. Merchea for giving me my brand new eyesight! What an amazing feeling to have a 20/20 vision!! No eyeglasses needed, no contact lenses!! What a freedom feeling!! My cataracts are gone and your excellent professional team directed by you are impeccable at everything you all do there at the Ivey Eye Institute at St. Joseph's Hospital. Thank you very much!!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2017

The rudest and most unprofessional doctor I have ever met. On top of all of that he also misdiagnosed me. Avoid at all cost.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

Dr. Mohan Merchea is the rudest and most unprofessional doctor I have ever met. On top of all of that he misdiagnosed me with

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

The most rude person I have ever met The worse part he gets away with it ! So he just keeps on creating this negative environment " first do no harm" Dissing patients,and not treating them with courtesy and respect,is ( harmful ) to their spirit,and emotions,and creates distrust,therefore,hindering a healing atmosphere !

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

Absolutely the WORST experience I've ever had with a doctor. He has absolutely NO regard for how his patients feel.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2017

Book another doctor. BOOK. ANOTHER. DOCTOR. Read the comments from other users, which describe terrible experiences just like mine. If you go to him anyway, you have no one but yourself to blame for the awful experience you will have.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

To him, I am merely a # to his bank account. He lacks the compassion and care to reassure me of my condition or provide more details. His bedside manner is terrible. When I asked for the phone number to call urgently, he simply snapped "just call the hospital" Should he have some handy & dandy phone # for patients to call in the event of rapid deterioration of eyesight! I tried to consult him about drops for the allergy season, he just couldn't wait for him to leave the exam room and commented, "there is nothing wrong with your eye, I can't prescribe anything" I thought I was paying my tax $ for this service, and to be in awe with how he behaves. Treat others how you would want to be treated! I just hope one day none of his family members would receive the same care from other healthcare provider. Karma follows!

flag | Submitted May 6, 2017

Dr. Merchea's staff are wonderful - pleasant, accommodating, and prompt to answer questions. They also were prompt to explain why Dr. Merchea cancelled my appointments multiple times with reasonable answers. This helped me stay committed to this physician and his management plan. Unfortunately, my experience with Dr. Merchea was quite different. Although he appeared knowledgeable about my disease (as I would expect from most specialists), he offered no consideration for my social concerns regarding my eyesight and diagnosis. He even ridiculed my line of work (I am a professional and require my eyesight for this profession). Moreover, upon seeing another specialist, Dr. Merchea's recommendation of frequent appointments and testing were questioned. I am not sure if he was trying to be safe for my benefit, or if external incentives were at work. Regardless, I am currently very happy with my new Opthalmologist in a different city and actually look forward to my appointments.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2017

I take my step-dad to Merchea for his glaucoma. I'm assuming the man knows his stuff, but his bedside manner is terrible!!! His nurses, on the other hand, are perfectly nice.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2017

Dr. Mohan Merchea's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.