Ratings for Dr. Afzal Mohammed

This doctor is a very helpful doctor and freind who takes care of all my needs

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

Both of my children see Dr Mohammed. He is very intuitive and is willing and ready to try anything and everything to make sure he finds the right answers and explains medical terminology to my family to better understand whatever the situation is.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

Dr Mohammed is an amazing pediatrician, every since my daughter was referred to him and we have a clear diagnosis its been life changing.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

Dr Mohammed is the best paediatrician! He is the one who saved my life as a baby and now he's looking after my daughter! Always so kind and so patient with us. We are so happy to be his patients!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

We had Dr. Mohammed for both of my kids. He was always so kind, thorough and willing to answer any questions I had. His receptionist is terrible. Always giving me a difficult time about booking appointments and now, when I need my kid's vaccination cards. She is giving me the run around after over 2 weeks of my new doctor faxing a release form to get their records and tells me she just got the fax a day ago. Says she doesn't know when she'll be able to get to them and it takes a long time to do them up, also they are quite busy. She's telling me I need to pick them up and drive 2 hours to London and 2 hours back to our home with 2 small children to pick them up because she won't mail them out. No thanks, if she would have had them ready when they were 18 months like she should have, we wouldn't be in this situation. She is very unorganized and apparently doesn't like to work.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

Dr. Mohammed is so kind and informative. I'm very impressed with how accommodating they have been!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2015

I have two kids they are his patient s from birth, I like him very much, he does not subscribed antibiotic if they do not need ,staff lady has little issue of dealing people.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

Receptionist is absolutely awful. Has made me cry before. My son once had hand, foot & mouth disease (very common!) and she told me it could be because he is dirty. My son is very clean and I was very offended by this assumption and untrue comment. Will not return to the Doctor because of her. The doctor himself was okay... I got the answers I needed. I guess that's what counts.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

I have used Dr Mohammed for all 3 of my kids. I like him very much and he has been very helpful for us. Generally there is very little waiting time and he stays with you until you've asked him all of your questions and told him any concerns. He often has medical students working with him which I also find quite helpful because if there is any issue, the kids are looked over twice. The female receptionist is quite rude and has actually made me cry before. The male receptionist is quite lovely though and very thorough and helpful. But, like someone else mentioned, it can sometimes be hard to get a hold of the office and you re-routed to their answering service but they don't actually take messages for you or book appointments which is very frustrating sometimes.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2012

I was referred to Dr. Mohammed for recurring fevers for my daughter. He ordered an extremely invasive test without sedation which had lasting emotional effects on her. Once the results were determined he started her on a permanent dose of antibiotics and no follow up was done. The antibiotics were useless in stopping the fevers and the urologist we were referred to said under no circumstances would this affliction be causing such severe fevers. When approahed with the urologists findings no changes were made in the course of action. We were told to 'keep doing what you're doing and come back in 2 months'. I will never go see Dr. Mohammed for either of my children. Have since been referred to another pediatrician and pediatric rheumatologist and am hoping they will be more helpful

flag | Submitted August 22, 2012