Ratings for Dr. Jerry Aguolu

This doctor is a straight quack and the receptionists are rude and disrespectful. I've been waiting 3 weeks for a referral for orthopedic specialist and was give 20 somas for pain. I don't even know how he is still practicing medicine

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

I have been sitting here today for over 3 hours in the waiting room with my son who is sick

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

The front office secretaris are very rude and have a bad attitude.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

Please stay far away from this dr. and his staff, i'm about to sue.. He has NO knowledge of the meds he prescribes. I'm on klonopin, recently broke my finger and the cold weather does make it hurt more. I work 2 jobs and have missed orthopedic appts.. why, because it takes FOREVER to get an appt., it's very frustrating, and at this point they would probably not be able to do much. So the dr. had been prescribing me tylenol 3 and Klonopin. Klonopin I have been taking for 2 YEARS, and he decides since I need pain medicine, he had decided to suddenly cut my dosage from 2 mg klonopin a day that I have been taking EXACTLY AS PRESCRIBED-NVR HAD A PROBLEM- he cut my dosage in half. Anyone with knowledge about these kinds of drugs know that you cannot suddenly cut a dosage of 2 mg to 1 mg a day.. you have to be very gradually weaned off, it says so right on the information packet! I have tried on my own to cut 25% off, and it does cause sickness and anxiety, half I would probably have seizures, according to an ER dr. that works in a good hospital. Luckily for me--- I hadn't yet picked up these prescriptions-- as last month same thing happened---HE DID NOT INFORM ME HE WAS CUTTING MY DOSAGE IN HALF AT ALL-- generally thought it was a mistake and a different dr. in the same building corrected it right away. So I had called the pharmacy to make sure I had my regular dosage prescribed. NOPE. Pharmacy called Dr. agolu, I called, they would not do anything I had to go down there, he yelled at me he was not 'increasing my dosage" I explained it has been the same dosage for 2 yrs. and I wasn't asking to increase it. He said since I had already picked up the tylenol 3 there was nothing he could do, snapped at me to change dr.'s even after I pleaded with him that this could cause me sickness and an ER visit. Finally the idiot chinese dr. that speaks spanish told him if I cancelled the tylenol 3--would he restore the original dose of klonopin. Answer: Yes, ONLY IF I HADN'T ALREADY PICKED IT UP AT THE PHARMACY. So glad I didn't, so I got my full dosage, but I was treated HORRIBLY by staff and made to feel like a drug seeker that was doing something wrong. He is a terrible dr., and I will tell everyone, what's worse is I have to see him once more next month, because it will be like a month and a half until my crappy insurance is able to change my dr...maybe i'll try urgent care next time.. They are complete idiots and the place should be closed down. I'm sorry they have a bunch of pill poppers as patients, but I have always taken my medicine very responsibly, I don't deserve this treatment, no one does.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

I have been waiting 7 weeks for a referral to another doctor and when I call they say they are waiting to hear from the insurance. My other referral took 5 days. They keep me on hold for over 20 minutes, they don't give you straight answers, it's difficult to even understand the staff because of their heavy accents, and they refuse to do their jobs. Dr. Aguolu lied to me, saying he would order an MRI for my ankle. After that visit, when I called back to follow up, they told me he won't order it because the insurance won't approve it. Um, can't we order it and find out first before assuming the worst. I have been out of work because of my injury and they don't want to help. Then they told me, I need to schedule another visit. I was just there. It's a total scam.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

This is where pill-heads go to get their "fix". I waited 5 hours for Dr. Aguolu. He wanted to do ALL kinds of tests because I have Medi-Cal & Medicare. I told him NO, I was only seeing him because my Cedars Dr. was on vacation & I lived close and was having severe fibromyalgia pain I needed some pain medicine for that. Not a bunch of it. He prescribed Gabapentin, sildenafil, Dilofenac, Baclofen and Norco - a one month supply of each (when I looked them up later these are hard-core drugs for seizures & really serious disease which I do not have). Like an IDIOT I went home and took them the way he prescribed them. I thought I was going to die. I felt SO bad the next day I just stayed in bed and prayed I hadn't done serious harm to myself. This guy shouldn't have a license to practice medicine in this country. He's catering to druggies who need their pain meds filled and so could care less how long it takes. Today I got my Medi-Cal MediCare statement and he has billed them for the works - which I refused once I got in there and realized what the scam was. I refused a full body X-ray - but he charged Medicare for that $275. The guy who did the EKG's was out that day - but there's a charge for that too - using 12 leads for $95. I could go on & on. He billed them for $275 for an initial office visit! I've been to REAL doctors - he isn't one. I just called his office and told Christina that they had better REVERSE all the bogus charges on my Medi/Medi-Cal or I'd start a letter writing campaign and blow them clean out of the water. So, if you've really got health issues - you're wasting your time going here. This guy will get you hooked and going back to only him for refills - because no other reputable doctor would be careless or reckless enough to prescribe them to you. Steer clear.....

flag | Submitted January 27, 2015

Just adding my horrible experience at this dr office. I had a 2 hour wait with an appointment. This office is incredibly inefficient, to say the least. The office workers are all rude -probably overworked, underpaid and very unhappy. Dr Aguolu is committing unknown amounts of Medicare/Medical fraud. I went in for chronic back pain and the Dr ran x-rays, ECG, and countless test (unnecessarily) to line his pockets. Initially I felt taken care of but soon realized his scamming the system by taking so much of my time to "run test". This office is always packed because people really NEED help but can't afford insurance or decent health care. The Dr, his son and the entire staff take advantage of people in need. I will intent to report this Dr...not sure if he is a necessary evil for low income.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2015

The Doctor is a crook and dishonest practitioner.He is ripping off Medicare and Medicaid off. It takes an average of 6 hours to see him and his office is populated by quacks and fraudsters like him including his son,Jeremiah who is a face off of his father in incompetence.They are jack of all trade in medical practice but knowledgeable in nothing.The doctor shouldn't be in practice and the government should investigate him malpractice,fraud,abuse of process and incompetence.Their billing and medical records have intolerable errors as a trademark of quackery and if you need one,it takes an average of three months to get one What kind of a hospital will put people on hold on the phone for three to four hours and would ask you to reach the doctor on his cell phone that they won't give you the number Avoid this doctor unless you want him to treat you and bill Medicare on somebody else

flag | Submitted December 17, 2014

Always takes uncessary tests and never gives the correct prescription . Chinese doctor thst helps is an idiot

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

Well, today makes 4 weeks and my mom's doctor (Aguolu) has not completed a physicians report yet. My mom is now in the hospital and still can't be admitted to a Dementia center without that report. Again, incompetent! I bet if I took her to his house to live he would get the report completed.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

Dr. Jerry Aguolu's Credentials

• Univ Of Ca, Davis, Sch Of Med, Davis Ca 95616 (Grad. 1974)

Delta Dental