Ratings for Dr. Pran Mehta

he was so rude - no bedside manner - thankful he is retired now

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

After a car accident in 1987, Dr Mehta repaired my fractured femur and ankle with plates and screws. He removed all plates and screws one year later. I have had excellent mobility and function in my leg and am currently 50 years old in 2013. I would highly recommend Dr Mehta for his skill in orthopaedic surgery.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2013

Yes he was a good doctor with an abrupt manner. He did a knee replacement on me 10 years ago and I am still happy with it, but he has now RETIRED.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2011

I have a very rare bone condition. I have seen NUMEROUS Orthos. He is the BEST. I trust NO other DR like him! He is so skilled ... the BEST. One time when I was a child, I had a major break, he came to the emerg (not on call) in a tux, and performed emergency surgery on his day off. He was NOT ON CALL ... BUT I was his patient, special case, and he always went the extra mile! I remember giving him a valentine's card as a child (who does that for their ortho?) HE IS THE BEST!! without him I would not be mobile!

flag | Submitted September 9, 2011

Horrible doctor, went with my mother she had shoulder tendonitis and when I asked him a question, he laughed and said he doesn't have time to explain that to me and left. His staff told me to search it on google. Really? Never, ever in my life i will go to him. Very Rude.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2010

He performed an ACL reconstruction on my left knee when I was 16. Yes, I have a horrible scar, however, I'd rather have a scar than an improperly functioning knee. I am now 23 and have not had any problems with my left knee since the surgery. His bedside manners are little to be desired. However, I also needed another ACL recotruction om my right knee as I tore that ACL in half as well (no more baseball for me). Dr. Mehta found the toren ACL during an arthoscopic surgery on my right knee. At my follow up appointment he told me he no longer does the ACL recotruction surgeries and sent me back to my family doctor for another referral to a different orthopedic surgeon. Dr. Mehta is a very good doctor, however, he is 70 or older by now. So he only specializes in knee and hip replacements. I would only recommend Dr. Mehta if you are 65 plus needed a knee or hip replacemnt.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2009

Great Doctor. Explains and answers all your questions. He has been able to keep my kidneys going for many years. Thanks

flag | Submitted July 10, 2008

I feeled compleded to give my opinion on this surgeon. Dr. Mehta treated my young son. He first seen him in July 2007 and has been continuing. I must agree his bed side manner needs poloshing but myself would prefer a doctor that is blunt rather then sugar coat the situation. When he is not in a hurry he is the nicest man and takes the time to explain. His staff has been most helpful. Whenever I call with a question , my call is returned within a reasonable time. They are very polite, professional and compassionate. Dr. Mehta is a saint to his profession and hope he practices for many years to come.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2007

Doctor Mehta saved my son't life by doing emergency surgery on his elbow which had been crushed in a car accident. He was blunt in his bedside approach when my son tried to refuse the surgery, but that was what was needed for his consent. Infection had already set in, and Dr. told him that he could die if he didn't have the surgery. He was thorough in explaining the procedure and did an awesome job. very skilled surgeon!

flag | Submitted September 9, 2007

excellent surgeon. extremely knowledgable. Staff are very helpful and professional.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2007