You may also like

Ratings for Dr. David Bannon

The best surgeon I have ever had,He knows his stuff his staff is great and he is a very caring doctor.He might come across a little short but he is right to the point and I respect that

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

Best doctor on PEI, let alone a stand up human being.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015

I was recently referred to Dr Bannon for a breast biopsy. From the moment my husband and I met him we were impressed with his understanding and approach. When he had to give us the bad news that it was cancer we found that he was forthright and empathetic at the same time. He clearly outlined the next steps and fully supported our decisions.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2015

Great surgeon. My daughter has 5 degrees and has a Masters in Nursing and is a Nurse Practitioner in Calgary.She was home this summer and questioned why I was bleeding. I told her that I spent 2 weeks in hospital and the staff knew that my bowels did not move after a lot of drugs . He told us that there was nothing he could do about it. She insisted that we see a surgeon. so off we went to see Dr Bannon..I told him that I thought i had bleeding hemmeroids. He insisted that he look at the area.So he called my daughter into the examination room. When i went b ack into his office ,she was crying and he told me I had cancer. I had 2 operations and was cancer free. My family Dr never bothered to exam me and when the results came back ,he said walked out of the office rand I followed him to the hall way. where he was just about to turn the corner. I yelled ``So we are talking Chemo and radiation. Yes he said ! Then I went to see DR Bannon who did the first surgery. He was sitting there smiling.I thought that these guys were nuts! Then Dr Bannon said you have dogged the bullet. I am going in for more surgery and if that does not work ,radiation should clear it up. After that surgery The cancer was gone. I have to have check ups which is fine with me.If my daughter was not home and was not a Well trained health professional ,I probably would not be writing this letter. We need more surgeons and Nurse Practitioners in this province like my daughter and Dr Bannon. The staff at the hospital were wonderful and my surgeries went very well. When people say you were so lucky to have a family doctor who caught this in time. My family Dr is so busy, that he did not examine me for this bleeding and no one picked it up at the hospital picked up on it when I spent 2 weeks at PCH to regulate my sugars for diabetes. I know how busy medical people are today and he is a kind great doctor but without my daughter and Dr Bannon my story would not have such a great ending.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2014

I, André J. Darville went to the Prince County Hospital Summerside, PE on March 13th 2014 where David J. Bannon Jr., President of the Medical Society of PEI was high on drugs and/or sick (badly) with the hospital and nurses letting (allowing) him Perform a colonoscopic examination that was not discussed at the February10th meeting. I was put too sleep; yet, asked not to be. He has caused injury to the colon, causing permanent pain, soreness and bloating. It will be interesting too see, if he will get away with such deeds because in the U.S. doctors can’t; but, in Canada they sure do; via, Canadian Medical Protective Association.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

A terrific surgeon that tells it like it is.might come across as abit blunt but he definitely knows his stuff. He has always been .could not ask for a better surgeon

flag | Submitted September 14, 2014

David Bannon is on drugs himself, never mind he ordering for patient.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2014

This doctor removed a toenail that was ingrown, he acted like a stuck up snob the whole time and made me feel like a big baby. The needles into my toe for freezing were not pleasant and he was not gentle. I will never ask to see this dr again. have since had another procedure done( gallbladder) and requested another surgeon and was very pleased.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2013

I found Dr. Bannon to lack any sort of empathy, very rude, and I agree with other users on this website that he had a "know it all" arrogant attitude. I think some people are not suited for their careers. Doctors require empathy. They should care about their patient's well-being. I do not think doctors should believe they know everything either. As human beings there's no way to know everything... people can make mistakes. I hope you read this Dr.Bannon and take this into further consideration when treating future patients.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2012

Could not have asked for a better surgeon. After 3 years of complications with Chrons I opted to have an ileostomy. Dr. Bannon explained everything to me, pros and cons of the surgery and what to expect after. If surgery is needed down the road again, I would not hesitate to have him as my surgeon. Thanks to Dr.Bannon I have a new lease on life.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2011

Dr. David Bannon's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The best surgeon I have ever had,He knows his stuff his staff is great and he is a very caring doctor.He might come across a little short but he is right to the..."

April 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Best doctor on PEI, let alone a stand up human being."

February 16, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I was recently referred to Dr Bannon for a breast biopsy. From the moment my husband and I met him we were impressed with his understanding and approach. When h..."

January 24, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Great surgeon. My daughter has 5 degrees and has a Masters in Nursing and is a Nurse Practitioner in Calgary.She was home this summer and questioned why I was b..."

December 3, 2014
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I, André J. Darville went to the Prince County Hospital Summerside, PE on March 13th 2014 where David J. Bannon Jr., President of the Medical Society of PEI was..."

September 18, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "A terrific surgeon that tells it like it is.might come across as abit blunt but he definitely knows his stuff. He has always been .could not ask for a better su..."

September 14, 2014
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "David Bannon is on drugs himself, never mind he ordering for patient."

September 5, 2014