Ratings for Dr. David Bannon

My experience with Dr. Bannon and his staff was excellent ! Need I say more. Best care ever!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

Very pleased with our visit today. Dr Bannon was to the point, professional and well knowledgable

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

Say what you will about healthcare on PEI, yes I'm sure there is room for improvement and lack of some services but my experience over the past 4 days has been nothing but outstanding. I had two gallstones dialoged and stuck in my common bile duct and I was in extreme pain and jaundice. Instead of waiting it out at QEH I decided to have my mother take me up to Summerside hospital. I was in a bed within 10 minutes of entering the door. I was started on treatment right away and within the first hour I was visited by the ER doctor and by the general surgeon. I had to have two procedures done, the first was an ERCP to remove the stones, which can only be done by one DR on PEI. I spent the night in the ER with great care and attention and my surgeon was on the horn first thing in the AM and got me an immediate booking at the Moncton hospital because the Island Dr would have been unable to perform it until Wednesday. Within an hour I was picked up by Island EMS and driven to Moncton hospital, had the procedure done while Island EMS waited patiently for me then took me back to Summerside hospital where I had a bed waiting and ready for my arrival. The nurses were fantastic and took great care of me, the next day Dr. Bannon had me booked in to surgery to remove my gallbladder. The surgery was super slick laparoscopic, done so clean and well that I didn't even need any medication after it was done and had basically no pain. The next day I was cleared to leave the hospital by noon without even needing a prescription. Total cost to me? $0, $24 if you count the optional cable TV I ordered to keep my sanity. We are very lucky to live in such a great country! Needless to say I was very impressed by the care provided to me from everyone involved, ‪prince county hospital‬, ‪‎Dr. David Bannon‬, ‪‎Island EMS‬, Nurses and hospital staff‬. You guys not only saved my life, but got me back home happy and healthy to my family in no time!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

The best surgeon I have ever had,He knows his stuff his staff is great and he is a very caring doctor.He might come across a little short but he is right to the point and I respect that

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

Best doctor on PEI, let alone a stand up human being.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015

I was recently referred to Dr Bannon for a breast biopsy. From the moment my husband and I met him we were impressed with his understanding and approach. When he had to give us the bad news that it was cancer we found that he was forthright and empathetic at the same time. He clearly outlined the next steps and fully supported our decisions.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2015

Great surgeon. My daughter has 5 degrees and has a Masters in Nursing and is a Nurse Practitioner in Calgary.She was home this summer and questioned why I was bleeding. I told her that I spent 2 weeks in hospital and the staff knew that my bowels did not move after a lot of drugs . He told us that there was nothing he could do about it. She insisted that we see a surgeon. so off we went to see Dr Bannon..I told him that I thought i had bleeding hemmeroids. He insisted that he look at the area.So he called my daughter into the examination room. When i went b ack into his office ,she was crying and he told me I had cancer. I had 2 operations and was cancer free. My family Dr never bothered to exam me and when the results came back ,he said walked out of the office rand I followed him to the hall way. where he was just about to turn the corner. I yelled ``So we are talking Chemo and radiation. Yes he said ! Then I went to see DR Bannon who did the first surgery. He was sitting there smiling.I thought that these guys were nuts! Then Dr Bannon said you have dogged the bullet. I am going in for more surgery and if that does not work ,radiation should clear it up. After that surgery The cancer was gone. I have to have check ups which is fine with me.If my daughter was not home and was not a Well trained health professional ,I probably would not be writing this letter. We need more surgeons and Nurse Practitioners in this province like my daughter and Dr Bannon. The staff at the hospital were wonderful and my surgeries went very well. When people say you were so lucky to have a family doctor who caught this in time. My family Dr is so busy, that he did not examine me for this bleeding and no one picked it up at the hospital picked up on it when I spent 2 weeks at PCH to regulate my sugars for diabetes. I know how busy medical people are today and he is a kind great doctor but without my daughter and Dr Bannon my story would not have such a great ending.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2014

I, André J. Darville went to the Prince County Hospital Summerside, PE on March 13th 2014 where David J. Bannon Jr., President of the Medical Society of PEI was high on drugs and/or sick (badly) with the hospital and nurses letting (allowing) him Perform a colonoscopic examination that was not discussed at the February10th meeting. I was put too sleep; yet, asked not to be. He has caused injury to the colon, causing permanent pain, soreness and bloating. It will be interesting too see, if he will get away with such deeds because in the U.S. doctors can’t; but, in Canada they sure do; via, Canadian Medical Protective Association.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

A terrific surgeon that tells it like it is.might come across as abit blunt but he definitely knows his stuff. He has always been .could not ask for a better surgeon

flag | Submitted September 14, 2014

David Bannon is on drugs himself, never mind he ordering for patient.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2014