Ratings for Dr. Garnette Sutherland

Dr. Sutherland performed my decompression surgeries for my Chiari and I couldn't have asked for a better surgeon. He was very kind, explained everything and assured me he would do everything he could to help. And he has a great sense of humour. I'd recommend him in a heartbeat. Thanks doc! from the 'hair' lady.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

Dr. Garnette Sutherland performed four spinal surgeries on me at the Health Sciences Centre i Winnipeg when he worked there . The last surgery he performed on me was the same day i believe as his baby daughter was born as one of his assistants made me aware of this and i congratulated him before going under and thought how dedicated he was to be here while he had a newly born little one . He also was sitting by my bedside after the first of my four surgeries with him to let me know that now blood transfusion was needed when the tainted blood issue was a thng back then . Imagine he had more surgeries , he was tired and had just finished operating on me but there he was waiting on me waking up to advise me and put my mind at ease . Top man i never have nor never will forget Dr . Sutherland . Winnipeg lost a great surgeon when he left for Calgary

flag | Submitted November 4, 2016

I'm a patient with Dr. Sutherland for many years as I deal with a tumour disease, I couldn't express in words how fantastic he is. He listens and treats me with the most respect any doctor has ever done, and always returns my -many- E-mails and phone calls extremely fast. I really couldn't say anything bad about him, anyone who is fortunate enough to have him as a surgeon on their team knows how great he is.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016

I had the privilege of meeting Dr Sutherland, his staff were wonderful, he was very kind, intelligent, he looked at my acoustic Neroma, while he prefers surgery, we together weighed 😳😊 the options, he was warm, polite, and truly one of the nicest surgeons I have ever met. I recommend people write your history down, it helps with those of us who are discombobulated. It helps him as well, as these can be stressful appointments! Who ever thinks he's gruff, I totally disagree with you, he heard my story, and was so compassionate.. I shall put him on my Christmas cookie list !

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

i am a new client with dr.sutherland i had two failed aneurysm surgeries with one dr. met dr.sutherland and he may just be the one who might be able to fix my two aneurysms.it has been a few months since i last saw him.all of a suddden i get a phone call they think they may of found a way to fix it,OMG he is a brilliant mind.i also must tell you the doctor who did my two surguries told me i was inoperative,so you can imagine how dr. sutherland has given me hope again.i really thought i was screwed until my hero showed up.debora

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

Dr. Sutherland is fantastic!! When I was diagnosed with a Posterior Fossa Meningioma I was very frightened and concern as my father passed away from a brain tumour in the same area. Dr S quickly put my mind at ease that my type of tumour was a totally different type as my Father's. He and his team removed the tumour and I'm as good as new. I would recommend him to anyone who wants only the best!!

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

My name is Paul Hutchin and am a patient of Dr. Sutherland, he is my hero! I'd like to put into words what he means to me and what he has done to make my life better, unfortunately I can't find the words to express my gratitude., thank you seems so inadequate. What you do Dr. Sutherland makes a difference!!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

I have had two brain surgeries by Dr Sutherland. and I am also confused by the negative comments. Dr Sutherland is very straightforward and tells you exactly how it is, and gives you all the information you need. he has also followed up with me with my difficult case of trigeminal neuralgia. my first operation was to remove a tumor on my auditory nerve, and the second was a microvascular decompression surgery. throughout both surgeries he was heplful, reassuring and very knowledgable. I am still in need of another procedure to again correct my trigeminal neuralgia and he has referred me to another neurosurgeon for a procedure he does not do. I am very blessed to have had and continue to have Dr Surherland in my team. He does appear gruff, as many surgeons do. However, is is very caring and it shows through his work, follow up and everything he does. he does have a sense of humor and that was nice to see. I have read some people do not like his " matter of fact" approach, but I would rather have a doctor who is confident and knowledable then a doctor who is wishy washy and try's to baby me. I am here for a brain surgery not to be. babies. These are serious operations and he approachs them that way. I can not thank him enough for what he continues to do for me. I have rated his staff lower because his secretary can be rude and not helpful. once she would not let me make an appointment with Dr Sutherland because she didn't understand my case. I had to call repeatedly for her to listen. Other then that I continue to trust my life with Dr Sutherland.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

Dr. Sutherland is AMAZING. I am confused about the negative comments as truly in my experience he has followed up with me, has provided in-depth explanations about my issue, he answers my questions easily and without any irritation or hurried manner. And he does have a sense of humor, a great one. I have done my research on this doctor and I think he's brilliant, aside from my own experiences. Very matter of fact personality, knows what he's doing and he's straight up with you which I like. I want facts and not to be coddled or pacified. I highly recommend him and will never give him up.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2012

I was very blest to have Dr. Sutherland and his team work on me. They made a terrifing experiance, into a positive one. I never in a million years would have guessed I would be laughing minutes before my crainiodamy to remove my sphendale meningioma. They did a wonderful job and my recovery has been easy. I thank them all for my second chance!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2011