Ratings for Dr. Jonas Vanderzwan

Dr. Vanderzwan is an arrogant and haughty individual. He thinks he is wonderful and we should be so grateful for him. He overvalues himself and lacks true empathy. I would not be surprised if he himself has put several glowing comments here to up his star rating and when he sees these comments he will be enraged. If I could give him a zero rating I would.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2017

I am in my 70th yr and have had Dr. Vanderzwan as my family doctor for 9 years. I am a science, evidence based individual and very much appreciate knowing the Dr. V. keeps up to date with medical research and is happy to discuss this with respect to my health situation. I have never been hurried in my consultations with Dr. V and am very happy with the professional way in which I am talked to and have been treated.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

He is dismissive of older patients. His manner is ok but he makes a terrible doctor, sorry to say. I saw him for three conditions and he did not treat any of them just sent me on my way to look after myself. He should be working with young children, he is out of his element in the position that he is in.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016

Waited over 30 minutes to see him, and he spent less than two minutes with me. A doctor who rushes through the motions of "care" and doesn't give a rat's behind about patients. Gave a confused "I don't know, that could be anything," response to my problem rather than ask me any further questions about it. His solution was to shrug and pass the buck by giving me requisition forms to see specialists I probably don't need to be seeing -- better to waste their time than his, I suppose. If you want to be made to feel like nothing and that you've completely wasted your time, this is the perfect doctor. He made me feel less than unimportant at the time, while now I feel disgusted with myself that I didn't demand the treatment from him that I deserve from a doctor. This is the kind of guy who thinks that his time is the only time that's precious. Big shot.

Submitted February 12, 2016

Dr. Vanderwan is a very kind, knowlegeable physician who takes the time with his patients. He has and excellent bedside manner with my children and myself. I LOVE the same day booking system and his availability. Its never a problem to get in to see him for an appointment whether it be last minute or not, and of course the clinic also offers and after hours service if I am unable to get in to see him, which is extremely rare.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

i always feel like i am a burden to him i can only get time off work or able to make an appointment around my lunch now and again and i have voiced this to him but he tells me what days are best to call and get appointments around my lunch i went in for a few issues i was having and i felt like i was rushed out and when i asked him about the second issue i was having i felt like he didnt really care and again felt as though i was being pushed out the door i get better results from his nurse i seen a specialist for one of my issues for years who told me that my issue would never go away and have my family dr follow up on it when i as Dr. V about it he tells me all levels are normal so again either he is lying to me or by miracle my issue went away

flag | Submitted February 1, 2015

I visited Dr. Vanderzwan after returning home from Europe, where one week earlier I had been in a car crash. His opening words to me "So you had a car crash in Spain, but that's not what you're here for." Yes, of course it was. I had a broken thumb, in a cast & a very bruised, sore, stiff body. The seatbelt left a wide bruise with deep pain. I had to lead to conversation. My ribs hurt. He did not touch me or look at me at all, except to gently prod my ribs when I pointed to the spot that hurt. I asked if he had any recommendations for massage or physio therapy to relieve body pain & help me get moving again. He asked if I had extended health care & if yes, I could make an appointment at their inhouse physio clinic. He did send me for a rib xray & when he said he really didn't know about broken bones, I was happy to get a referral to the Hand and Upper Limb Clinic in London. I made an app't for assessment at a private clinic and have been diagnosed with whiplash and have a therapy plan in place.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2014

I always feel worst after seeing this doctor than before. I get a lot of "I don't know" and "good luck". He has had numerous patients leave his practice because of his insensitive attitude and lack of compassion. Often I feel like I am wasting his time.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2013

Dr. Vanderzwan is a Young and thoughtful Dr. with good bedside manner from my experience in his care as our family's physician. Our Daughter has a rare form of epilepsy and other complicated health issues for which we see other specialists but for matters of general health Dr. Vanderzwan has been a very good source and very helpful in dealing with medical priorities. I also like that he has a same day protocol that ensures that issues are deal with promptly before they become acute. With Dr. Vanderzwan, the lines of communication flow both ways, he both imparts knowledge and invites the knowledge of others. Most people these days come to their doctors with information and research that the doctor is not prepaired nor has the time to deal with. Dr. Vanderzwan has never disregarded any of my findings or concerns and treats me with the respect I deserve. His Nurse Practicioner is also excellent at what she does and they work well as a team.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2012

We are so blessed to have him as our family Doctor! He is kind, and wonderful with our children. He is always on time, and has never made me feel bad for bringing on of our little ones in, even when it turned out to be nothing. His nurse is a total sweetheart as well.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2012

Dr. Jonas Vanderzwan's Credentials

Great West
Horizon Bcbs
Magnacare
Oxford
Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
UnitedHealthcare