Ratings for Dr. Margaret Churcher

I was recommended to Dr. Churcher because of Asthma and Allergies. She at first was okay but this taking your shoes off and waiting way over up to two hours past your booking time gets to be pretty unreasonable pretty fast. She is not the only one whose time is important. The first few years she was okay and would spend time with you then the paper on the wall appeared that she would only see you for ten minutes and only consider talking to you about one thing. Yes, she is good a getting you into a specialist if she thinks you need. it. Then for some reason she says that indiscriminate testing overloads and is a huge cost to the Health Care the system. But she has a heart nurse and a diabetic nurse see you every three months. They go over your latest blood work results and take your blood pressure then you sit there and wait upt to two hours while these two play on their lap tops doing whatever in a cramped little office until Dr. Churcher arrives with her little laptop. She hardly speaks to you but only asks these two what they discussed with you and then says to you "See you in three months". So guess what my Alberta Health Care is being charged for three people for an appointment that totally wasted my time. Also the heart nurse over the last seven years has been more helpful to me than Dr. Churcher.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2018

I have been a patient for 18 years. Over those years Dr. Churcher has been a life saver....literally. I can call at any time and I know that Dr. Churcher would see myself or my family. She cares. She knows my name, she knows my life. I don't want her to retire. Perhaps all those who have bad comments don't understand her personality. It's a strong one...thank goodness, she gets things done!!! Yup sometimes I have to wait, and yup sometimes she will say something that will hurt my feelings, but that's on me. She has nothing but genuine concern for me and my family.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2018

I have been going to Dr. Churcher for years and never any issues. She diagnosed and treated my asthma right away (had a cold that wouldn't go away). My son was having some issues regarding his weight, and she really put his mind at ease. She is also very good to my daughter who has autism. Referred her to a great psychologist who got to the root of the problem and proper diagnosis right away. My only beef is the wait times for appointments, but otherwise, I find her very knowledgeable, personable, and likeable.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2018

I have been a patient of Dr. Churcher's for 23 years ever since birth and all I can say is it has been a nightmare ever since I was a small child. All the negative comments that have been posted are completely accurate. Not only will she degrade your health/life choices, she shows no interest in giving any sort of remedy to problems you are experiencing. Take a vitamin? Eat more fish? I am sorry, but we do not live in the 1950's anymore. I had excruciating pain in my abdomen a few years ago and she insisted I have to wait a week until her next availability. So naturally I went to the ER where it was determined I have pancreatitis. I was treated accordingly and given helpful advice, however was told that my family doctor would contact me with a follow up once the results were sent to her. With no follow up call, eight months later I arrive at my physical where I asked why I wasn't followed up with. To her surprise, she could not believe I even went to the ER and even went as far as arguing with me as to why it was not necessary. Needless to say, the results were sent to her from the ER doctor and she did not feel a follow up was necessary as she commented that "she will convene with her other colleagues and decide if the ER's doctors prognosis was accurate." Have I received an update on this? Nope. She is a joke, her practice is a joke and her award is absolutely ludicrous. Do not support this woman, I beg you.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2017

Should consider becoming a Forensic Pathologist. Not good with helping living people.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

I have been going to Doctor Churcher for 23 years and I have had nothing but wonderful experiences with her! She is always very helpful and considerate in answering any questions that I may have.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

Wow what a horrible doctor!! She is so unhelpful and condescending. Hope she retires soon. Did she pay someone for the award she received?!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2017

I wish I would of seen all these terrible reviews about her what a waste of time. Like everyone says she does nothing at all to help you or follow up with you I have to reports right now of radiologist saying j need follow up us and mammograms and she will not request them for me. I only wasted 3 appts with her thank god and told her I will not see her anymore. She must be what close to 80 still trying to be a doctor! Like the other person said she is going to endanger someone's life and kill them. I am now in the process of filing a medical complaint against her at the college and physicians. Do not waste your time with her she will not follow your care proper and will neglect you and if it's something big you could end of dead all at her hands 😡😡

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

I still see that after 6 years or more nothing has changed. Why is this quack still practicing her licence should be removed, she is a threat to the human race, by my experience and many other people on this blog you would think that some one on the Board of Physians with some balls would suspend her liciences before she kills some one. I know for a fact you could get better service at a Vet clinic and thats a fact.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

Have been going to this doctor churcher for a very long time, she is a awful doctor and have had nothing but problems with her. If I go to her with a couple problems she will say that I have to come back as she only looks at one problem per visit. After waiting for 1-2 hours I don't want to be told that she will not look at my problems. She also continuously wants you to book an appointment for your yearly checkup as she gets paid. She is very rude and when she is late she does no apologize. When I went to her for problems she tells me there is nothing that she can do about it. She is very unhelpful and only cares about making money.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2016